Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

received more of Jetoar's creations today. The color on the cepcropia moth is spectacular, and the detail on the underside of the horseshoe crab is really good (I was initially going to pass on the horseshoe crab; glad I did not!)

Jetoar

Thanks Blaine, so they arrived earlier than I thought it. I  am really proud about Cecropia ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Jetoar

My last acquisitions  ^-^.

Acro is really beautiful.

pelycosaurus

Here is my haul for the past 2 weeks from the thrift store and swap meet.

Jetoar

pelycosaurus

my favorite one is the giant vinyl orca. The chap mei orca had its fins missing so i plan to resculpt them.

sbell

Tauntauns aren't real!  :P

And apparently I have those, and other CollectA, waiting for me at home right now for my store--up in a couple days!

pelycosaurus

Quote from: sbell on August 05, 2015, 08:20:45 PM
Tauntauns aren't real!  :P

And apparently I have those, and other CollectA, waiting for me at home right now for my store--up in a couple days!

The tauntaun will make a nice procoptodon once i modify it.

stargatedalek

Mahi-Mahi pillow (Bass Pro Shop)
Gouldian Finch (Safari Incredible Creatures)
Blue Crab (Safari Incredible Creatures)
Alligator Snapping Turtle (Safari Incredible Creatures)
Dying Poison Dart Frog (Safari but unsure what line)
Safari Good Luck Minis: Spinosaurus, Bottlenose Dolphin, and two dart frogs the exact species I don't know
Archaeopteryx (Wild Safari)
Gastornis (Wild Safari)
Yutyrannus (Wild Safari)
Postosuchus (Wild Safari)
Giant Squid (Wild Safari)
Triceratops x2 (Invicta)
Iguanodon (Invicta)
JW 15 Pack Blindbag
JW Stegoceratops
African Penguin ("The Collection", shame I didn't realize sooner it was a Safari bootleg)
Frog Toob (K&M)
JW Mosasaur vs Submarine
Schleich Stork
An unknown wooden snail from a yardsale, it might come from a museum (since a lot of their other things were!)

I had to pass on a lot of things, a pheasant mount, a few museum mounts (with cases!) from that yardsale, and even someone offering a baby parrot (live) due to space (and border police with regards to the parrot).

stargatedalek

Didn't unpack these last night so I'm just getting picks now, but this is the last of it. Not really toys but definitely really cool. Got amazing prices on these, so I just couldn't turn them down. The box says they create them using 3D scans of real fish and then use computer simulations to design the fins to make them move realistically. Although I kinda doubt the largemouth are actually from juvenile largemouth, probably a mold they use for multiple patterns. I've had cheap soft lures do funny things (*cough* melt through a plywood shelf *cough*) before but these are pretty high end, the rubber is a lot stronger and higher quality than most soft lures. I still wouldn't store them with other kinds of plastics (especially other rubbers!)

The eel is really impressive, in 1:1 scale its a mighty thing to hold in your hands. I tried it out in the empty hotel pool (by dragging it in my hands, all of these will be remaining hook-less) and its movement is really amazing, probably the best I've seen (yes that includes those robotic swimming fish).

These fish are patterned after largemouth bass but they don't particularly resemble them in sculpt. I would assume that the fish this mold uses for reference was something like a shiner or even a goldfish, but they do make a good proxy for juvenile largemouth bass.

sbell

Where did the fish lures come from? Are they widely available?

stargatedalek

I got them at Marden's which is the only place I've ever seen these (Savage Gear is however apparently a Canadian company).

brontodocus

Congrats, altogether! :) I think I've seen those eels before and I was also tempted bying them.

Jetoar

sauroid

some new stuff

stargatedalek

Got pretty lucky at Value Village.

AAA keeled box turtle is a real gem.

bmathison1972

WOW, a bumper crop of goodies for Blaine this week.

For starters, some miscellaneous:

1. stag beetle (Dorcus hopei) and horsehair crab (Erimacrus isenbeckii) by Kitan Club - Nature Techni Colour (Nature of Japan Vol. 3). Holy cow, the detail on the crab is spectacular!

2. An FANTASTIC Anomalacaris by Kaiyodo from their 2015 set, Great Leap Forward.

3. the most baffling figures, the Mexican dwarf crayfish (Cambarellus patzcuarensis) by Zing. It seems a bit odd for a Japanese company to make a series that is 6 color variants of a Mexican crayfish  :o [I only bought the brown one, as it's one of the more 'natural' colors].

Next, A set of 5 beetles by F-toys from their 2014 Insect Hunter Collection. While it has the usual suspects of Allomyrhina dichotoma (2 color forms) and Dorcus hopei, there is also Dynastes granti and, a new genus and species for me, the stag beetle, Rhaetulus didieri!

Lastly, a set of 5 LARGE insects released this year (2015) by Takara TOMY A.R.T.S. I do not know the name of the set, but one word in English on the box was 'BIG' (lol), and they are big; the mantid is 13 cm! I should not be surprised they are large; other similar figures (Japanese hornet and a couple cerambycid beetles) are equally large. Some assembly required and the figures are somewhat 'soft' (the mantid's legs in particular).

The rhino beetle (Allomyrhina dichotoma), atlas beetle (Chalcosoma atlas), and stag beetle (Lucanus maculifemoratus) are usual suspects, but the mantid and scorpion are a nice addition for Takara set. Nothing is named at the species level; the mantid is fairly generic but the scorpion is probably a fat-tailed scorpion (genus Androctonus)

Jetoar

sbell

I have recently acquired many new things for myself in the last few weeks!

A little while ago, some new CollectA (it came for the store, but some things just need to be owned as well!)

And some of the modern animals:

At the same time, some new small fish, including a few 'prehistoric' gar figures!

And a while bunch of goodies from Japan, thanks to Brett. Based on this, and my recent collecting overall, I am in danger of pushing the prehistoric stuff out! Mostly for freshwater fishes...and even a few crawly things (who doesn't love earwigs?).

Also, a whole lot of Animal Kaiser figures. Above can be seen the one I really wanted--the Trapezoid Torpedo Ray. But there are a few decent 'normal' animals as well:

And some flying animals that got missed:

And some...less realistic figures. So many lions...just so many...there's also a UFO figure, of all things, but I don't know where it went...

And, finally, a holy grail fish--a Kaiyodo Aqualand Silver Arowana! But...not the same one that has shown up here before. That series is really confusing.

bmathison1972

Nice, Sean! The Takara Amazon critters look nice, as does the Kaiyodo naked mole rat and many others.