News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Antelope Elegance

Started by OkapiBoy, December 15, 2012, 02:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartinH

Holy mother... this one is looking really wonderful! On my wishlist for sure! Thank you so much for sharing these photos!!! ^-^ ^-^

widukind

Another must have this year!! Congrats  :)

Roger

Andre, although I don't comment often here, I want to say that I am a fan of your walk arounds. I enjoy the way you present figures and all additional information. Thanks for your effort and congratulations for owning this excelent figure!

widukind

Quote from: Roger on July 16, 2014, 06:50:40 PM
Andre, although I don't comment often here, I want to say that I am a fan of your walk arounds. I enjoy the way you present figures and all additional information. Thanks for your effort and congratulations for owning this excelent figure!

Welcome here crocodile  :)

Roger

Quote from: widukind on July 17, 2014, 05:30:18 PM
Welcome here crocodile  :)

Thanks my friend Andreas... the tapir welcomer!  :)

brontodocus

Thanks a lot, Martin, Andreas, and Roger! :D
Quote from: Roger on July 16, 2014, 06:50:40 PM
Yay! :D Again, many thanks, Roger! And welcome to the Animal Toy Forum, by the way! :)

Jetoar

Loveley figure, One of the best replicas of Collecta of this year  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

postsaurischian

:)  Here it is compared to the 'Anna & Harriet project' 1:22 Nyala pair:

brontodocus

Yay, many thanks, Helge!  :) I think the photo also reveals how much more gracile Anna's and Harriet's figures are compared to the CollectA, I can imagine their limbs would probably be a bit too gracile for mass production?

OkapiBoy

Another great addition to the herd, Nyala by Horse and Bird ( our very own Anna).

With the herd
[]

OkapiBoy

Great figure, wish they are available here already

OkapiBoy

Beautiful figure! I really can't wait to get this figure. It really looks nice to see it next to Anna's version.

widukind

A really must have!! Congratulations!! :)

WiseWolf

Lots of great figures here! Where did you get the topi? I am a keen collector of African antelopes and have never been able to find one. It's also amazing that big companies like Schleich and Papo still haven't done an impala, one of the most common and well-known of antelopes! I made one myself by adapting a Schleich deer, but it's not great to be honest.

Must just point out that the pronghorn 'antelope' is not technically an antelope. It belongs to the family Antilocapridae, not Bovidae.

OkapiBoy

Quote from: WiseWolf on September 25, 2014, 12:22:40 AM
Lots of great figures here! Where did you get the topi? I am a keen collector of African antelopes and have never been able to find one. It's also amazing that big companies like Schleich and Papo still haven't done an impala, one of the most common and well-known of antelopes! I made one myself by adapting a Schleich deer, but it's not great to be honest.

Must just point out that the pronghorn 'antelope' is not technically an antelope. It belongs to the family Antilocapridae, not Bovidae.

Topi info is further up on the chain, it's a custom made figure. It really is amazing that not very many company make topi, but I think CollectA is changing that, they have a most impressive lineup of antelope. I think Bullyland made a topi figure many years ago, not sure(?).

;D If you read the intro, you will see that I did have a line there about Pronghorns  ;D

OkapiBoy

Two more addition to the herd from CollectA. Both figures are stunning, really love the Nyala :)

Hope to see more great antelope in the future... Bongo please  ^-^

widukind

Congrats for this beauties!! :)

Dragonwolf

Definitely one of the best ungulate figures ever made. CollectA is always on the roll with the lesser known species for making models out of them. I hope they would churn out more antelope like the bongo, topi, hartebeest, nilgai and the saiga antelope. Love this Nyala model. Kudos to CollectA!!

brontodocus

Thanks, all!  :)

Quote from: Dragonwolf on March 20, 2015, 02:50:58 PM
Definitely one of the best ungulate figures ever made. CollectA is always on the roll with the lesser known species for making models out of them. I hope they would churn out more antelope like the bongo, topi, hartebeest, nilgai and the saiga antelope. Love this Nyala model. Kudos to CollectA!!

Well, we will see what future years will bring but I think the chances are not too bad we will see those eventually being made by CollectA. :)

OkapiBoy

A new Beauty or should I say handsome pair or antelopes join the herd, welcome the Chiru or Tibetan Antelope! Beautiful figures of this highly unique and obscure species.
[]