News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Antelope Elegance

Started by OkapiBoy, December 15, 2012, 02:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OkapiBoy

It's back! ;D
Antelope elegance
Those of you who are familiar with my collection will know that besides dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals figures, I also focus on collection ungulates.
Of all the ungulates, my favorite is the antelope group. They are one of the most diverse of ungulates with worldwide distributions. Antelopes are hoofed mammals of the family Bovidae.
Antelopes are noted for their horns, which are permanent, unlike those of deer. Some species sport elegant curved shaped horns, while others are more slender.
In some species, only the males have horns, but the majority has both males and females sporting horns (although those on the females are much shorter than in males).
Antelope range in size, from the tiny Royal Antelope to the giant Elands. They can be found in forest, mountain, Savannah, marshes, and grassland plains. Some are even semi-aquatic. Although the majority of antelopes are found in warmer climates, there are some that can be found in extreme cold regions.
Although not a “true” antelope, the Pronghorn antelope of the Americas are included here. They belong to a group called Antilocapridae. Their horns are branched and shed (like deer). True antelopes have horns that are un-branched and they are permanent (never shed)
Antelope are popular animals in zoo. All of the major toy companies have at least one or more species represented in their toy line, and it’s growing. There are a few species that are more popular than others, but gazelles have number one. This year can be named the year of the Sable antelope, with CollectA ( two figures, a male and female), Mojo, and Safari all releasing one in their respective lines. Rounding up the top five, we have the Oryx antelope, wildebeest, and Kudu.
so here they are, my antelope herd, enjoy! ^-^
[

That's it for now, more later ;D

Varanus

Most impressive collection Bok, er, OkapiBoy! ;)

AnimalToyForum

Jetoar

Wonderful images friend. Thanks for share friend  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

Just wonderful, what an overdose of antelope elegance! :)
It's a real pity I don't have any of those CollectA antelopes, yet (I have very few antelope figures, anyway, only seven :o). :'(

I have two gemsbok figures not shown here, yet:

Furuta Choco Egg Animal Fun Series 7. Shoulder height 30 mm, scale approx. 1:40.

Papo / Les Animaux Sauvages. Shoulder height 91 mm, scale approx. 1:12 - 1:14. It's a surprisingly large figure, even a little higher at the shoulder than the Papo Greater Kudu!

Ana

Wow, nice collections indeed!!! Congratulations! :D

I have several antelopes figures too. I would like to show mainly these not shown yet but I have only some "group" photos in stock :) So, I'm sorry for repeating and showing some figures again.
Here for example Preiser gazelle but together with CollectA antelopes ;)

Here white tailed gnu, sculpted by Joan :)

I have luck owning this lovely figure, Jeol waterbuck (still need CollectA waterbuck too :) )

Also some of my other antelopes, here photo of antelopes in scales from 1:20-1:22

Here in bigger sizes like 1:18-1:15 scales ( I think Nayab gazelle wasn't show yet here?)

And tiny Bandai gazelles

OK, I can't resist to post again Harriet's Gemsbok, it's too amazing!

Jetoar

Quote from: brontodocus on December 15, 2012, 03:40:44 PM
Just wonderful, what an overdose of antelope elegance! :)
It's a real pity I don't have any of those CollectA antelopes, yet (I have very few antelope figures, anyway, only seven :o). :'(

I have two gemsbok figures not shown here, yet:

Furuta Choco Egg Animal Fun Series 7. Shoulder height 30 mm, scale approx. 1:40.

Papo / Les Animaux Sauvages. Shoulder height 91 mm, scale approx. 1:12 - 1:14. It's a surprisingly large figure, even a little higher at the shoulder than the Papo Greater Kudu!

This antelope is the favorite of my girlfriend. She wants one now  ^-^.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Ana on December 15, 2012, 06:43:31 PM

Oh Ana! I LOVE your Bongo :D! ..... remember what happened to the one that was meant for me? :'(

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:)  Here's Kaiyodo's resin  Bongo  - small, but oh my!

Ana

Yes, I do remember, the last 10 copies were impossible to paint because of technical mistake during casting, that was very unlucky indeed :( I'm sorry that You couldn't get it :( I still think I may come back to this specie, probably in completely different pose, maybe in 2013 or 2014 :)

Anyway Kaiyodo Bongo is very beautiful figure, I adore it! :D Congratulations for having it!!!

postsaurischian

....... gemsbok figure ... (by) ... Papo / Les Animaux Sauvages .......

Normally I would have bought this figure if there hadn't been Harriet's before ..... which is just unbeatable :).

That Preiser Gazelle is too beautiful :D.
I haven't noticed this before, thanks!
....... I've just ordered me one ;D.

Kikimalou

Congratulation everybody, I have no time to make new pics... nevertheless, here are some hoofed citizens I didn't see on this thread  ;)

For tonight, a few Aepycerotinae !

Impala Treehouse kids 2009

Impala Kitan club 2009

Impalas BANDAÏ

Impala STARLUX

brontodocus

These are all so wonderful! :) Of course, Ana's and Harriet's sculpts are in their own league! 8) I can only repeat, I have far too few antelope figures, yet!

Himmapaan

I still deeply regret missing your eland, Ana. But I'm very glad I did manage to secure Harriet's gemsbok.  ^-^

Jetoar

OkapiBoy

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 17, 2012, 12:03:20 PM
....... gemsbok figure ... (by) ... Papo / Les Animaux Sauvages .......

Normally I would have bought this figure if there hadn't been Harriet's before ..... which is just unbeatable :).

yeah, really cool little guy, so where did you order it? i want one,too! ^-^
CollectA's antelopes really are beautiful.

OkapiBoy

Quote from: Ana on December 16, 2012, 05:26:44 PM
Yes, I do remember, the last 10 copies were impossible to paint because of technical mistake during casting, that was very unlucky indeed :( I'm sorry that You couldn't get it :( I still think I may come back to this specie, probably in completely different pose, maybe in 2013 or 2014 :)

Anyway Kaiyodo Bongo is very beautiful figure, I adore it! :D Congratulations for having it!!!

Beautiful collection Ana, love the bongo antelopes.
OMG, wait, are you the same Ana that sculpted Mojo's Gaur and other animals? :o If you are, WOW! I am very impressed with your work, I just love them! So glad that you are sculpting for Mojo, hope to see more from you in the future.

OkapiBoy

Quote from: Kikimalou on December 17, 2012, 08:45:49 PM
Congratulation everybody, I have no time to make new pics... nevertheless, here are some hoofed citizens I didn't see on this thread  ;)

For tonight, a few Aepycerotinae !

Impala Treehouse kids 2009

Impala Kitan club 2009

Impalas BANDAÏ

Impala STARLUX

Cant wait to see the rest of your collection, I know you have a big herd,too! ;)

postsaurischian

Quote from: OkapiBoy on December 19, 2012, 07:01:58 AM
Quote from: postsaurischian on December 17, 2012, 12:03:20 PM

yeah, really cool little guy, so where did you order it? i want one,too! ^-^
CollectA's antelopes really are beautiful.

Got it from eBay.de: http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=preiser+gazelle&_sacat=0&_from=R40

OkapiBoy

Finally got the Papo Oryx and Reindeer, both are beautiful figures, and much larger than I expected!

and here he joins the rest of my oryx herd. The Papo is by far the best toy figure out there.

Some Japanese figures

These guys are small figures and part of the larger set of African animals.

trophy collection.They double as magnets :))

Part of a set that includes a zebra and rhino head

Small capsule figures with the large Papo figure

Jetoar

Throphy collection? Japanese do of all  :P.