News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Antelope Elegance

Started by OkapiBoy, December 15, 2012, 02:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

widukind

Quote from: OkapiBoy on March 10, 2013, 06:03:08 AM
Here she is, #22 female Nyala antelope by Harriet. What a beautiful figure this one is! She is waiting for her mate, hope he can join her soon :D

With the Oryx, also by Harriet

With some of her new friends

Congrats for Harriets model  :)

widukind

postsaurischian

:) New arrivals by CollectA!

Scimitar-horned Oryx     >>  walk around

Blackbuck     >>  walk around

Saola     >>  walk around

brontodocus

Yay, I think I should get me the Scimitar-horned Oryx and the Blackbuck, too! :)

OkapiBoy

Those new CollectA's are so beautiful!  want them now! :) I am really hoping that Bongo will be in their 2014 lineup.

OkapiBoy

Alright, its' been a while, but I got something new added to my ever growing herd of antelope :)
Topi male at 1:22 scale by Joan Milelire. He is # 28  :)

Running away from danger :))

And with the rest of the limited edition herd :) Oryx, Addax, and female Nyala
[

postsaurischian

:D Hurra! Anna's male Nyala has arrived.
Mine got lost in the mail some time ago and I'm very happy that Anna could make me a new one and that the pair is now finally unified :D!

widukind

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 03, 2014, 02:53:03 PM
:D Hurra! Anna's male Nyala has arrived.
Mine got lost in the mail some time ago and I'm very happy that Anna'a could make me a new one and that the pair is now finally unified :D!

I only can say: Big big big congratulations. It is a very very beautieful antelope and a really masterpiece!! I am hapy that i also have one  :) :)

Dragonwolf

Gotta agree, he's one of the best made antelope models. And big, too. This one towers over the rest of my herd. I wonder how big does it get in real life. But yes, again, the details are very life-like, especially the horns. Now, we're ready for the Lechwe's water buck to come out.

widukind

Dragonwolf

First thing that got me was its size. Wow!! This is one big antelope compared to what I have so far. Beautiful colors and awesome details = happy owner.

widukind

brontodocus

Walk-around of the CollectA Wild Life 88689 Mountain Nyala, Tragelaphus buxtoni (Lydekker, 1910), new for 2014. Snout-vent length is approx. 111 mm, shoulder height is approx. 71 mm, so the scale is between approx. 1:17 and 1:19. Being a woodland species restricted to high altitudes in central Ethiopia this close relative of the Greater Kudu was one of the latest large African ungulates to be discovered. With probably less than 2500 mature individuals remaining, IUCN classifies the species as "Endangered". The human figure is approx. 1:19 scale.

Edit 2017-02-05: Fixed broken image urls.

MartinH

widukind

A very interesting antelope specie and in my mind one of the best CollectA 2014 :)

brontodocus

Many thanks, Martin & Andreas! :-) By now it seems CollectA really has become one of the best brands to make antelope figures.

Jetoar

Really nice replica of this specie  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

postsaurischian

:D Wow! Really nice - my No.1 antelope figure for this year. I'm glad it's finally available in Germany now.
I may take a pic next to the Anna & Harriet Nyala pair and post it here when mine has arrived.

brontodocus

Thanks, Jetoar & Helge! :)
Quote from: postsaurischian on July 08, 2014, 07:14:43 PM
:D Wow! Really nice - my No.1 antelope figure for this year. I'm glad it's finally available in Germany now.
I may take a pic next to the Anna & Harriet Nyala pair and post it here when mine has arrived.
Oh, I was hoping you'd do! ^-^

brontodocus

And yet another walk-around of a 2014 CollectA release, here is the CollectA Wild Life 88684 Springbok, Antidorcas marsupialis (Zimmermann, 1780). Shoulder height of the figure is 47.5 mm so the scale is between approx. 1:15 and 1:19. The human figure (Mutt Williams by Hasbro) is approx. 1:19 scale.
The home of this gracile antelope is throughout Southern Africa: South Western Angola, Namibia, Botswana, and South Africa (where it is the state animal). One of the fastest antelopes next to the Indian Blackbuck, Antilope cervicapra, in its natural habitat its speed is second only to that of the Cheetah, Acinonyx jubatus. The Springbok is still common and the hide and especially meat is commercially used and exported. With possibly up to 2.5 million individuals in South Africa alone, the species is considered "Least Concern" by IUCN.

Edit 2017-02-05: Fixed broken image urls.