News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Turtles

Started by stemturtle, December 08, 2012, 03:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetoar

Amazing figure. When I will have time, I will sahre images of my Hawksbill turtle  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tyrantqueen

I have this one too. Mine is 13 inches.

Mind if I post mine? :)

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

brontodocus

Thanks, Jetoar & tyrantqueen! :)
Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 18, 2013, 11:38:58 PM

If it's really 13 inches it must be one of the other Hawksbill Turtle figures - it would be 330 mm instead of 440. I have seen the version I posted in only one online store, at leaveonlybubbles, where it's sold for $54.95 (luckily I got it from ebay.de for just â,¬16) and a size of 18 inches is given (which matches better). So if yours is actually a different cast it may deserve a thread on its own. :) Is it one of those from veghead? Hmmm, they have three which are all smaller than mine and label the largest of those "large". I could still edit the topic's title here and make it "extra large" or "extra large, 18''. Oh, and Jetoar, how big is yours? Maybe it's different from both the 13 and 18 inch version? 8)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: brontodocus on January 19, 2013, 09:23:57 AM
Thanks, Jetoar & tyrantqueen! :)
Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 18, 2013, 11:38:58 PM

If it's really 13 inches it must be one of the other Hawksbill Turtle figures - it would be 330 mm instead of 440. I have seen the version I posted in only one online store, at leaveonlybubbles, where it's sold for $54.95 (luckily I got it from ebay.de for just â,¬16) and a size of 18 inches is given (which matches better). So if yours is actually a different cast it may deserve a thread on its own. :) Is it one of those from veghead? Hmmm, they have three which are all smaller than mine and label the largest of those "large". I could still edit the topic's title here and make it "extra large" or "extra large, 18''. Oh, and Jetoar, how big is yours? Maybe it's different from both the 13 and 18 inch version? 8)
I got mine from eBay.com. I'll start a separate thread for it, sure :)

Varanus

Very cool replica, if only it was colored like a live Hawksbill, then it would be absolutely stunning! :)

Ana

Wow, this is beautiful turtle figure, thank You for sharing! :D

tyrantqueen

This is my turtle:

Truth is, it actually looks very similar to yours :-[ I don't actually know the exact length, because according to the seller, it is 13 inches. I would measure it myself but I don't have a ruler handy, haha. This one is really big anyway, I can't imagine it being any bigger ;)

Aren't Hawksbills supposed to be endangered? I wonder how AAA were able to procure a specimen to cast from.

brontodocus

I have no doubts it's the same figure. :) The posterior margins of the scutes on the carapace are somewhat irregular, and the irregularities are the same as in mine. So your turtle would be bigger than 13'' - or the seller was referring to the carapace alone.
Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 22, 2013, 01:06:08 PM
Aren't Hawksbills supposed to be endangered? I wonder how AAA were able to procure a specimen to cast from.
They are even ranked "Critically Endangered" by IUCN. :-\ But there are a lot of taxidermied specimens in collections of which the figure could have been cast from.

Ana

Huge figure of an enormous tortoise :D Very nice! Thank You for sharing! :D

brontodocus

Ana

I recently got one more tortoise, it's Bandai Galapagos tortoise  :D It's not very big, here compared with Schleich tortoise baby :) I like his face, haha  :))

Jetoar

Yes, his face is the best XD

brontodocus

ah, now I recognise it - isn't it the one that came with a cactus from the Bandai Nature Zone Galapagos set? :)

tyrantqueen

Bronto, I think this seller has stolen your photograph http://www.ebay.com/itm/Snapping-Turtle-TOY-Replica-Rubber-figure-BIG-10-long-REALISTIC-rare-toy-/330859721553?pt=Educational_Toys_US&hash=item4d08c6b351

In fact, if you check out the seller's listings, they've used some of your other photos as well.

Unless you are goldfish girl?

brontodocus

Thanks, tyrantqueen, you're right about that, the seller uses my photos without permission. I've noticed that a month ago (there were even more of my photos used) and requested that the seller removed my photos from the listings (which she or he only did partially). This seller is also the initial reason why I use watermarks now, and I was talking about the same person when I wrote this.

Oh, I just found out these one haven't shown up here before:

Chelodina reimanni Philippen & Grossmann, 1990; Reimann's Snake-necked Turtle. Furuta Choco Egg Funny Animals Series 7 No. 31. Length 65 mm, length of carapace 36 mm, scale approx. 1:6 (? - 1:10).

Macrochelys (syn. Macroclemys) temminckii Troost, 1835; Alligator Snapping Turtle. Agatsuma Entertainment. Total length 104 mm, carapace length 44 mm, scale approx. 1:9 - 1:18.

Cuora flavomarginata (Gray, 1863); Chinese Box Turtle. Furuta Choco Egg Animals of Japan Series 5 No. 130. I have never measured it so I can only give an estimate of its scale, probably between 1:4 and 1:6. By the way, it's the same species as the Kaiyodo National Monuments of Japan figure Helge posted here, it's sometimes listed as Cistoclemmys flavomarginata and also Cyclemys flavomarginata.

Carettochelys insculpta Ramsay, 1886; Pig-nosed Turtle. Kaiyodo Capsule Aquarium 3 - Shinagawa Aquarium No. 9. Length of carapace 30 mm, scale approx. 1:15 - 1:23. Human figure is 1:20 scale.

Caretta caretta (Linnaeus, 1758); Loggerhead Turtle, baby. Glico Kaiyodo Aquatales Series 1 No. 12. Length 44 mm, carapace length*width = 31*24 mm, scale 1:1.5 upward.

Chelonia mydas (Linnaeus, 1758); Green Turtle. Kitan Club Nature Techni Colour Ocean 1 No. 6. Length of carapace 38 mm, scale approx. 1:20 - 1:37. Human figure is approx. 1:35 scale.

Jetoar

It is your images  ^-^.

postsaurischian

:D Beautiful Turtles, Andre!
                 I have to get me the Shinagawa Carettochelys one day :).

Ana

Thank You for good comments :D
Quote from: brontodocus on January 25, 2013, 11:19:39 PM
ah, now I recognise it - isn't it the one that came with a cactus from the Bandai Nature Zone Galapagos set? :)

Yes, yes, that's from this set :D A nice set by the way :)

brontodocus

A walk-around of the Papo Aquatic Animals (Loggerhead) Sea Turtle, Caretta caretta (Linnaeus, 1758). Length of carapace is 50 mm, so the scale is approx. 1:16 - 1:24.

Edit 2017-02-07: Fixed broken image urls.

Jetoar

Cool figure and walk- around. I have been thinking that it is a beautiful figure ever  ^-^.