News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Turtles

Started by stemturtle, December 08, 2012, 03:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

I wasn't originally going to get this turtle; it was a last-minute decision when I bought the capuchin and guineafowl. Glad I did though; Papo really nailed this one!

Gwangi

Quote from: sbell on July 24, 2024, 04:56:50 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on July 24, 2024, 02:18:09 AMLooking forward to reviewing this one and photographing it with my pet red-eared slider, who I've had for 32 years!  :o

It's much better than Safari's.

But is the Papo as large? The IC one was good for education purposes because of its size!

I don't know how big it is, I don't have it yet, but I'm assuming it's smaller. Yeah, the size of the figures in the IC line gives them an edge as educational tools but that Safari slider is not one of the strongest figures in the line.

sbell

Quote from: Gwangi on July 24, 2024, 12:36:47 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on July 24, 2024, 02:18:09 AMLooking forward to reviewing this one and photographing it with my pet red-eared slider, who I've had for 32 years!  :o

But is the Papo as large? The IC one was good for education purposes because of its size!

I don't know how big it is, I don't have it yet, but I'm assuming it's smaller. Yeah, the size of the figures in the IC line gives them an edge as educational tools but that Safari slider is not one of the strongest figures in the line.

True. The softshell is much better

Gwangi

Quote from: sbell on July 24, 2024, 01:40:20 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on July 24, 2024, 12:36:47 PM

True. The softshell is much better

It is. I don't wanna talk about it though. I'm still miffed that the one I bought on eBay turned out to be a bootleg. It came with a slider too, also a bootleg.  >:(

bmathison1972

the slider is on my shelf and not handy for measurement but based on my pic, you should assume it's in the ~3 inch/7-8 cm range (total, not carapace).