News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Shark Week 2024

Started by Gwangi, June 08, 2024, 01:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

So, who's on board for Shark Week 2024? Are we going to flood the blog with shark reviews again? I'll be reviewing the Safari silky shark but I don't have a set date in mind. Shark Week will run from July 7th-13th. If I have time and there's a lack of interest from other reviewers I might do one of the ToyMany sharks also.

bmathison1972

WOw @Gwangi - is it that time of year again???

I will participate; I'll will do the Toymany Japanese sawshark!!!

I'll start and maintain the sign-up sheet here:

July 7: Larami Port Jackson shark - Saarlooswolfhound
July 8: Schleich spotted wobbegong - Alopias sup.
July 9: Discovery Science pyjama shark - sbell
July 10: Toymany Japanese sawshark
July 11: Safari MBA sawfish - callmejoe
July 12: Laugh and Grow fat Sealife Series- JimoAi
July 13: Safari silky shark - Gwangi

Gwangi

The Japanese sawshark is a good choice!  ^-^

JimoAi

I'm not sure if I can for this year since I'm so packed with my schedule

bmathison1972

Quote from: JimoAi on June 08, 2024, 05:04:41 PMI'm not sure if I can for this year since I'm so packed with my schedule

Ah, come on @JimoAi - Shark Week will not be the same without you!!!!  ^-^

sbell

Already? It seems to creep up every year!

I will think about it--the timing is bad, I'm away the two weeks before that (and have so much on my plate already).

I'll see if something inspires me...

Gwangi

I'm going to tag @suspsy here. I've been trying to convince him to review the shark Lego build for Shark Week. Looks like there might not be many reviews this year but a few is certainly better than none!

bmathison1972

Gwangi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on June 08, 2024, 09:43:28 PMmaybe @Saarlooswolfhound @Alopias superciliosus or @callmejoe3 can contribute too  O:-)

Might be wishful thinking on a couple of those. It's been a minute. Would be happy to be wrong though.

sbell

Looking over what I have, I could try to work up the Discovery Shark week Angular rough shark or Pyjama shark. It's just a matter of timing with those (I'll want to get it done before I leave on the 23rd of June...for 2 weeks!)

Alopias superciliosus

Would love to participate again!! Going to throw out a list of one's I could do that I think haven't been reviewed. Let me know if I'm wrong about any and/or any would be of particular interest to do to help me narrow down my options haha!  :)

1. Starry Smooth-hound (Neko Works)- it's still unpainted but it's probably the most unique and "rare" model I would have for review!
2. Spotted Wobbegong (Schleich)
3. Whitespotted Bamboo Shark (K&M)
4. Dwarf Lantern Shark (Octonauts)- may be a bit on the "cartoony" side, but its been one of my biggest ISOs for the species alone. Recently tracked it down online and it should arrive in time for a shark week review!
5. Viper Dogfish (Bandai)
6. Longfin Mako (Takara Tomy)
7. Blotchy Swellshark (Kaiyodo)

Sim

@Alopias superciliosus, I'd like to read a review by you of the Schleich wobbegong, it's the only one I'd consider getting...

sbell

Quote from: Alopias superciliosus on June 08, 2024, 11:09:11 PMWould love to participate again!! Going to throw out a list of one's I could do that I think haven't been reviewed. Let me know if I'm wrong about any and/or any would be of particular interest to do to help me narrow down my options haha!  :)

1. Starry Smooth-hound (Neko Works)- it's still unpainted but it's probably the most unique and "rare" model I would have for review!
2. Spotted Wobbegong (Schleich)
3. Whitespotted Bamboo Shark (K&M)
4. Dwarf Lantern Shark (Octonauts)- may be a bit on the "cartoony" side, but its been one of my biggest ISOs for the species alone. Recently tracked it down online and it should arrive in time for a shark week review!
5. Viper Dogfish (Bandai)
6. Longfin Mako (Takara Tomy)
7. Blotchy Swellshark (Kaiyodo)

The viper dogfish was already covered by @JimoAi

JimoAi

damn is it breaking the rules to have the chubby great white from the laugh and grow fat set with the rest since I don't have anything else

alternatively I could do a quick review of the 2016 great white

sbell

Quote from: JimoAi on June 09, 2024, 04:11:24 AMdamn is it breaking the rules to have the chubby great white from the laugh and grow fat set with the rest since I don't have anything else

I think it would be fun!

bmathison1972

Quote from: JimoAi on June 09, 2024, 04:11:24 AMdamn is it breaking the rules to have the chubby great white from the laugh and grow fat set with the rest since I don't have anything else

That would be fine!

Gwangi

Why not? I reviewed the shark from Jaws.  :P

Alopias superciliosus

Quote from: Sim on June 08, 2024, 11:32:37 PM@Alopias superciliosus, I'd like to read a review by you of the Schleich wobbegong, it's the only one I'd consider getting...

It's definitely one I'm heavily considering; it's the most "useful" review I suppose, since it's the only one of those models that still can be found with some regularity online (outside of Japan, that is)

And whoops on the Viper Dogfish- was doing a quick search on the blog for the species names and forgot that it had been done with the whole Bandai series! 

callmejoe3

Quote from: Gwangi on June 08, 2024, 10:13:08 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on June 08, 2024, 09:43:28 PMmaybe @Saarlooswolfhound @Alopias superciliosus or @callmejoe3 can contribute too  O:-)
Might be wishful thinking on a couple of those. It's been a minute. Would be happy to be wrong though.

*Pops in like Beetlejuice*
I work for a school district, so this is my last week of work before a long break. If I recall correctly, the MBA Sawfish hasn't been reviewed, and it doesn't seem that anyone has reserved it. I would like to do that for shark week, if that's alright

bmathison1972

Quote from: callmejoe3 on June 09, 2024, 06:53:44 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on June 08, 2024, 10:13:08 PM

*Pops in like Beetlejuice*
I work for a school district, so this is my last week of work before a long break. If I recall correctly, the MBA Sawfish hasn't been reviewed, and it doesn't seem that anyone has reserved it. I would like to do that for shark week, if that's alright

@callmejoe3 - I'll put you down now for the MBS sawfish
@Alopias superciliosus - I'll put you down for now for the Schleich wobbegong

If either of you change your mind, just let me know, thanks!