News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Shark Week 2024

Started by Gwangi, June 08, 2024, 01:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saarlooswolfhound

That's ok, I think I will sign up for the Larami port jackson shark; it doesn't look like that one has been done on the blog. Correct me if I am wrong.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Saarlooswolfhound on June 16, 2024, 06:11:20 PMThat's ok, I think I will sign up for the Larami port jackson shark; it doesn't look like that one has been done on the blog. Correct me if I am wrong.

Nope it hasn't. Only the Larami Greenland shark. I'll put you down for Port Jackson. Thanks.

AnimalToyForum

Prehistoric sharks belong on the Dinosaur Toy Blog, which is dedicated to prehistoric animals. But it would be very welcome over there! :)

Saarlooswolfhound

Another quick question (as I haven't participated in this particular event before). Is there any reference that needs to be made for a "shark week" post? Usually for the holiday ones myself and other contributors will mention Halloween, Christmas, etc. I just wondered if this is a true event we need to reference or just a fun theme given the time of year and tv specials. Hopefully, this makes sense...

bmathison1972

Quote from: Saarlooswolfhound on July 02, 2024, 07:31:34 PMAnother quick question (as I haven't participated in this particular event before). Is there any reference that needs to be made for a "shark week" post? Usually for the holiday ones myself and other contributors will mention Halloween, Christmas, etc. I just wondered if this is a true event we need to reference or just a fun theme given the time of year and tv specials. Hopefully, this makes sense...

@Saarlooswolfhound - We generally mention Shark Week in the review. See one of my older ones here: https://animaltoyforum.com/blog/stingray-incredible-creatures-by-safari-ltd/

BUT, it's not required

is that what you mean?

Gwangi

I don't think it's necessary, personally. Hell, I don't even watch Shark Week!

I still don't know what day I'll post but it will be later in the week.

bmathison1972

@Alopias superciliosus @callmejoe3 @Saarlooswolfhound @Gwangi @sbell @JimoAi

Hey everyone, Shark Week starts 5 days from now. If you are not someone with direct access to the Blog, please submit your guest reviews so we can be sure to get them up in a timely manner! Thanks so much for participating.

Alopias superciliosus

June really flew by for me, can't believe Shark Week is already next week! Been very busy, but I'll do my best to get the Spotted Wobbegong review finished up within the next couple of days (hopefully even by tomorrow!)

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 02, 2024, 10:31:53 PM@Alopias superciliosus @callmejoe3 @Saarlooswolfhound @Gwangi @sbell @JimoAi

Hey everyone, Shark Week starts 5 days from now. If you are not someone with direct access to the Blog, please submit your guest reviews so we can be sure to get them up in a timely manner! Thanks so much for participating.

Mine's already loaded up! Just make sure I have the date right!

Saarlooswolfhound

@bmathison1972, that is indeed what I needed to know.

I have been working on mine. I have a few days off for the holiday so I will get it polished and ready to go.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Saarlooswolfhound on July 03, 2024, 05:53:45 AM@bmathison1972, that is indeed what I needed to know.

I have been working on mine. I have a few days off for the holiday so I will get it polished and ready to go.

I am off for the rest of the week and plan on working on mine, too.

bmathison1972

@Alopias superciliosus submitted his review and it has been uploaded and scheduled to go live on 7/8

bmathison1972

....and my review is now uploaded and scheduled for 7/10!

callmejoe3

Sorry for the late arrival to the call. I had shark week on my mind, but that last few days kept me distracted. I should have my review ready in 2 days. Which slots are currently open?

sbell

Quote from: callmejoe3 on July 06, 2024, 03:43:19 AMSorry for the late arrival to the call. I had shark week on my mind, but that last few days kept me distracted. I should have my review ready in 2 days. Which slots are currently open?

Based on the list on the second post in the topic, the 11th, 12th and 13th

callmejoe3

Quote from: sbell on July 06, 2024, 05:08:09 AM
Quote from: callmejoe3 on July 06, 2024, 03:43:19 AMSorry for the late arrival to the call. I had shark week on my mind, but that last few days kept me distracted. I should have my review ready in 2 days. Which slots are currently open?

Based on the list on the second post in the topic, the 11th, 12th and 13th

Alright. I'll take the 11th.

JimoAi

submitted mine which will be my last review for a long time. I'm down for any date ngl

bmathison1972

I am working on the review by @JimoAi and was thinking of scheduling for 7/12.

@Gwangi - this means all that is left is Saturday 7/13. Is that OK? I can move things around if now. I've noticed you like Saturdays anyway :)

Gwangi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 06, 2024, 04:32:45 PMI am working on the review by @JimoAi and was thinking of scheduling for 7/12.

@Gwangi - this means all that is left is Saturday 7/13. Is that OK? I can move things around if now. I've noticed you like Saturdays anyway :)

Yeah, that's fine. I still have to write it! The Eofauna Tyrannosaurs review took a lot of time!