News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

CollectA — New for 2024

Started by EpicRaptorMan, October 28, 2023, 07:29:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EpicRaptorMan

Wildlife:

Proboscis Monkey:

Giant Anteater:

Alpine ibex:

Elk/Wapati:

Sealife:

Common cuttlefish:

Farm Time:

Highland bull:

Border Collie:

Horse Country:

Lusitano Mare Buttermilk Buckskin - Deluxe:

Lusitano Stallion - Sooty Palomino:

Oldenburg Mare - Bay:

Breton Draft Horse Stallion - Chestnut:

Warlander Mare - Buckskin:

Standard Pacer Stallion - Bay:

Phar Lap, Thoroughbred Chestnut - Stallion

Lady Tournament Rider:

Lady Hobby Rider:

Saddle and Blanker:

Saddle Stand:

Accessories for Riders:

Bridle and Reins:

Wooden Crate:

Fruits and Vegetables:

Little Wonders:

Axolotl:

Prehistoric World:

Dearc (Deluxe):

Velociraptor:

Dreadnoughtus:

Polacanthus - Deluxe

Nanuqsaurus:

Diprotodon:

Placerias:

Mini Collections:

Wild Animals 2:

Sauropods:

bmathison1972

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on October 28, 2023, 07:29:45 AMWord on the street says that CollectA will start unveiling their 2024 figures this upcoming Friday. We'll see if that turns out to be the case. If so, we can keep this thread updated on those reveals.

Yes. They announce every Friday in November. Since you started this thread, I will edit your first post every Friday with the announcements (the blog email receives the announcements)

EpicRaptorMan

Oh well that's certainly new information for me. Seems not so long ago that we were waiting week to week for 2023 announcements ;(

SerAndrew

Nothing today finally?

This is the webpage normally shows releases like at 10-11AM CET every friday in November and it hasn't still post anything...

https://www.collecta.gr/

bmathison1972

Quote from: SerAndrew on November 03, 2023, 10:21:46 AMNothing today finally?

This is the webpage normally shows releases like at 10-11AM CET every friday in November and it hasn't still post anything...

https://www.collecta.gr/

A dinosaur has been announced but don't know everything. Will update then I know what the others are. There has to be at least a horse...

SerAndrew

Where do you see it? @bmathison1972

Edit: I've seen a "pterosaurid" in Facebook (Everything Dinosaur site)

SerAndrew

Apparently the prehistoric line has been leaked (the first figure is now confirmed):

Dearc sgiathanach with articulated jaw (Deluxe 1:3)
Dreadnoughtus (Deluxe 1:100)
Polacanthus (Deluxe 1:20)
Velociraptor with Articulated Jaw (Deluxe 1:6)

The Age of Dinosaurs Popular size:
Nanuqsaurus lurking

Gift Set:
Box of Sauropodos.

Other Prehistoric Animals:
Diprotodon (Deluxe 1:20)
Placerias (Deluxe 1:20)

Good for the Placerias, bad for the Diprotodon since we already have the Southland Replicas. I'd rather preferred a Megatherium...

JimoAi

SerAndrew

Yes

Gwangi

The cuttlefish is the standout from this group, I'll definitely get that one.

JimoAi

Koifish

Meh.

I guess there are no shortage of options for Highland cattle, since now every major brand has one  ::)

It's a shame they seem really intent on trying to mimic Schleich.
Bluestem Zoo | Collector of mainly late Pleistocene-Holocene animal figures | Come visit my zoo! | THIS HOBBY NEEDS MORE RECENTLY-EXTINCT SPECIES!!

SerAndrew

Yep, nothing for me either. Let's see what the wildlife brings... (if something)

As said before, if the prehistoric leaks are true, only the placerias so far.

bmathison1972

Thanks @SerAndrew - I also got the pics from @suspsy

I'll try to get the pics up soon; if I have trouble doing it from work, I'll do it when I get home from work

The cuttlefish is by far the standout, but also frustrating because I RECENTLY got the vintage Bullyland version! Uggh. Oh well, the CollectA one will replace it for sure.

The Dearc is nice but way too big for me.

The Highland Bull is very nice, but I don't need to replace the one I have.

And for those of you who ask 'is this it', the answer is no. As explained above (and every year ad nauseum I feel), CollectA announces a handful of figures every Friday during the month of November.

Sim

If the rumor list of prehistoric figures is correct, which it looks like it is, there are a number of prehistoric figures that interest me.  For extant animals, I've noticed CollectA heavily focuses on mammals, which is unfortunate for me as I'm not interested in mammals.  I wish CollectA would make extant birds and reptiles more often as I have some CollectA has made and love them.  I also hope for a nice extnat fish from CollectA for 2024!

EpicRaptorMan

The cuttlefish looks great. Too bad I just got a cuttlefish for my collection.

I'll need to see how big CollectA's is before I consider replacing mine.

bmathison1972

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on November 03, 2023, 08:47:11 PMThe cuttlefish looks great. Too bad I just got a cuttlefish for my collection.

I'll need to see how big CollectA's is before I consider replacing mine.

Normally, me too, but for good inverts, size doesn't matter

EpicRaptorMan

@bmathison1972 do we know the size? My current cuttlefish is nice and transparent in a docile pose and only measures 8 cm long.

bmathison1972

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on November 03, 2023, 08:53:28 PM@bmathison1972 do we know the size? My current cuttlefish is nice and transparent in a docile pose and only measures 8 cm long.

The email I got doen't mention a size of the figure. Once they show up on site (e.g., Minizoo), they may include the size

Gwangi

I've come to discover that I'm only really scale conscious when it comes to mammals and birds. Anything else and there just aren't enough options to be too picky. This is especially true for groups like mollusks.