Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Bandai/Bandai Spirits - New for 2023

Started by bmathison1972, December 13, 2022, 09:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brettnj

I'm not great with updating regarding insect sets as they all kinda look alike to me. But of course we can get them.

Please PM if interested in anything from Japan.

Thanks.
Brett

bmathison1972

Diversity of Life on Earth Finger Maki Cat Collection

bmathison1972

Diversity of Life on Earth Advanced Leopard Geckos:

Fembrogon

Those geckos look like new sculpts! The head looks revised and the articulation appears enhanced.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Fembrogon on September 08, 2023, 02:25:14 AMThose geckos look like new sculpts! The head looks revised and the articulation appears enhanced.

Yeah, they are in the 'Advanced' sub-line, so they are probably newer and crisper. Too bad still no wild type. There have been SO MANY leopard geckos in the last decade, mainly by Kaiyodo and now Bandai, and almost no wild type morphs

bmathison1972

Diversity of Life on Earth - Stag Beetles Vol. 6.

I was unaware of this set, as it's not on Bandai's New Releases website. I got this via @brettnj

Ashamed to say I don't know what all the species are. I sent an email to @Beetle guy for his thoughts.

I'll post on the first thread once we have names but here are my tentative guesses:

1. Dorcus titanus
2. Hexarthrius parryi
3. Lucanus planeti
4. Prosopocoilus inclinatus (black)
5. P. inclinatus (brown)

EDIT: corrected #3 to Lucanus hermani; if this is correct it would be the second time this species has been made (AFAIK)
EDIT 2: OK, all correct names now above

Halichoeres

These look kinda familiar, so I think they might be a re-release:

Ancient Fishes 2
Haven't been able to find a larger image, but it looks like:
silver arowana Osteoglossum bicirrhosum
saddled bichir Polypterus endlicheri
pirarucu Arapaima gigas
Chinese sturgeon Acipenser sinensis
Xingu River ray Potamotrygon leopoldi

Due for October release

Edit: @JimoAi I only just saw that you tagged me about the salamanders. No, I don't think they're good stand-ins for Koolasuchus. Sorry to disappoint.
Where I try to find the best version of every prehistoric species: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0

bmathison1972

Thanks @Halichoeres - I added it to the first post

@sbell - is the silver arowana a new species? It's new for me, at least.

Also new this month, Premium Giraffe Stag Beetle:

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on October 01, 2023, 09:06:19 PMThanks @Halichoeres - I added it to the first post

@sbell - is the silver arowana a new species? It's new for me, at least.

Also new this month, Premium Giraffe Stag Beetle:

@bmathison1972 I was not aware of the set.

But there are other silver arowana -- the Favorite is readily available but larger, of course. There's also a few Kaiyodo Aqualand (I have one) but they're really hard to find. And afford.

bmathison1972

I was unaware too until about 15 minutes ago LOL.

I am planning on getting the silver arowana, as it's the only new species for me.

EpicRaptorMan

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on October 01, 2023, 09:21:46 PMI was unaware too until about 15 minutes ago LOL.

I am planning on getting the silver arowana, as it's the only new species for me.

I don't know which you have, but the photo leads me to believe that might be the nicest P. endlicheri figure in that general size range. Certainly nicer than the Colorata

JimoAi

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 01, 2023, 07:27:08 PMThese look kinda familiar, so I think they might be a re-release:

Ancient Fishes 2
pirarucu Arapaima gigas

Due for October release

Edit: @JimoAi I only just saw that you tagged me about the salamanders. No, I don't think they're good stand-ins for Koolasuchus. Sorry to disappoint.

oh no more unnecessary spending at the gashapon store

bmathison1972

Quote from: JimoAi on October 01, 2023, 11:37:17 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on October 01, 2023, 07:27:08 PMThese look kinda familiar, so I think they might be a re-release:

Ancient Fishes 2
pirarucu Arapaima gigas

Due for October release

hahahahaha  ;D

sbell

Quote from: JimoAi on October 01, 2023, 11:37:17 PM

Ancient Fishes 2
pirarucu Arapaima gigas

Due for October release

I wish I had access to such a thing.

JimoAi

to be real I may want the Xingu ray to see how it compares to the Kaiyodo and maybe replace it

bmathison1972

Quote from: JimoAi on October 02, 2023, 12:27:01 AMto be real I may want the Xingu ray to see how it compares to the Kaiyodo and maybe replace it

If I didn't have a Xingu ray, I would definitely prefer this one, but I see no need to replace Kaiyodo's

EpicRaptorMan

Kaiyodo would be hard to beat but the only way they can manage that is by a slightly larger scale.

BlueKrono

Quote from: JimoAi on October 02, 2023, 12:27:01 AMto be real I may want the Xingu ray to see how it compares to the Kaiyodo and maybe replace it

I want everything in this set except the ray. Want mine once I get it?
I like turtles.

JimoAi

Quote from: BlueKrono on October 02, 2023, 01:24:23 AM

I want everything in this set except the ray. Want mine once I get it?

it's fine