Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Bandai/Bandai Spirits - New for 2023

Started by bmathison1972, December 13, 2022, 09:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

Bird 'accessories'; looks like to compliment umbrella handles, bike handlebars, etc

bmathison1972

A couple more sets coming up in the Diversity of Life on Earth Line:

Due May, 2023:
Mexican Salamander and Giant Salamander:

Due June, 2023:
Armadillo Lizard and Ball Pyton:

I am very excited for the second set; will be nice to have small examples of the armadillo girdled lizard and ball python!!!!

endogenylove

oh! The armadillo girdled lizard goes on my wishlist for sure, and the ball python looks to be the best current model, replacing the large and albino bullyland on my wishlist!
Always looking for new species...

bmathison1972

Some reptiles and amphibians in the Tenori line. These are larger than typical gashapon figures and essentially fill the palm of one's hand:

BlueKrono

That axolotl looks familiar. Did the same one come out in a set a year or two ago?
I like turtles.

NSD Bashe

I feel like a couple of those look slightly familiar including axolotl, wouldn't be surprised

stargatedalek

The axolotyl and Leopard gecko are new colours of old molds I believe. That or direct re-releases.

NSD Bashe

Ah I've found it, those two in particular look almost identical to Bandai's 2022 releases.
I knew I'd seen those smug little faces...   :))

bmathison1972

A couple upcoming releases.

First, a set of Premium migratory locusts. The website says these were due in late May 2023, but I don't think they ever released, so I have no ETA
@sphyrna18

Next is a set of Japanese tree frogs (all the same species); ETA July 2023:

bmathison1972

Due July 2023, Diversity of Life on Earth Mini Whales:
1. blue whale
2. humpback whale
3. sperm whale
4. killer whale

Due October 2023, DoLoE Premium Coconut Crab:

NSD Bashe

Fembrogon

All of these reveals look great, but that crab - WOW, that is something else.
Do we know what the crab will sell for? The Premium website is a nuisance to go through. Obviously it won't come cheap...

bmathison1972

Quote from: Fembrogon on June 19, 2023, 04:02:41 AMAll of these reveals look great, but that crab - WOW, that is something else.
Do we know what the crab will sell for? The Premium website is a nuisance to go through. Obviously it won't come cheap...

Don't remember if cost was listed but the size I think said 20 cm

JimoAi

the whales are lackluster but the 'crab' is amazing!

bmathison1972

Next in the Diversity Mini line, Beetles Vol. 2:

And some sealife Keychains:

JimoAi

Since I have an official Bandai store about 20 mins from where I live plus a pop up an hour away from me, safe to say I'll get the new releases quite early and at times I may even get them even though I have no desire to get them in the first place for simply being that nice but it's not nice for my wallet ;D .

Anyways, just tried the latest salamander set and I'll show what I got soon and I just want to say, the articulation is very solid on these Bandai releases, more so than Takara Tomy.

Anyways since they focus alot on insects and reptiles, I would like to see more sharks from them like a set 2, maybe articulated sharks or maybe even a premium Great white shark, similar to their Nile crocodile. The sky is the limit for Bandai for this line

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on May 03, 2023, 02:53:41 AMA couple more sets coming up in the Diversity of Life on Earth Line:

Due May, 2023:
Mexican Salamander and Giant Salamander:

got one of the giant salamander and may I ask if it works well as a Koolasuchus because of the weird proportions? asking fellow DTB members @Halichoeres @Gwangi for help. Thank you very much

bmathison1972

Tenori Mammals:

Remember, for if you are interested in these or other Japanese figures, contact brettnj!

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Upcoming Diversity of Life on Earth sets
@Beetle guy @Fembrogon

EDIT: These have all been released already

Mantids Volume 4:

line-up:
1. Choeradodis rhomboidea
2. Choeradodis rhomboidea
3. Deroplays desiccata
4. Heirodula sp. (adult)
5. Heirodula sp. (nymph)

Advanced Rainbow Stag Beetle:

Four color variants of Phalacrognathus muelleri

Beetles Volume 5:

line-up:

1. Dynastes satanas
2. Augosoma centaurus
3. Eupatorus birmanicus (only second representative in toy form)
4. Copris ochus (new species in toy form)
5. Allomyrina dichotoma
6. Goliathus orientalis