News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Papo - New for 2023

Started by bmathison1972, November 09, 2022, 02:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

Wild Animals:

50290 European rose chafer (Cetonia aurata)

50291 Bumblebee

50292 Common spider [Parasteatoda tepidariorum vs. Tegenaria domestica]

50293 Condor [Andean condor]

50294 Panda with bamboo

50295 Pigeon

50296 Flying squirrel [Glaucomys sp.]

50299 Moth [death's head hawkmoth]

50300 Common lizard [Podarcis muralis]

50301 Kiwi

Farm Life:

51185 Blond d'Aquitaine

51186 Salers Bull

51187 Salers calf

51188 Sow

51190 Vietnamese potbelly pig

51189 Muscovy Duck

51572 Tinker and her young rider on

51573 Cowboy and his horse

Sea Life:

56051 Common Seahorse [Hippocampus kuda]

56057 Right whale

56058 Giant squid

56059 Spotted eagle ray

56060 Young octopus

56061 Nautilus [original pic had it upside down so I rotated it]

Dinosaurs:

55097 Einiosaurus

XXXXX Concavenator

XXXXX Mosasaurus

XXXXX Kronosaurus

Sets:

80008 Insects Box 1
80009 Insect Box 2
80010 Insects Box 3

suspsy

The eagle ray and the giant squid look good.

bmathison1972

For me, the arthropods look most exciting, including a bumblebee and a green flower chafer (probably Protaetia/Potosia - I am not up on the nomenclature of this group, and it was confusing when I studied scarabs!).
Can't make out what the lepidopteran is. The spider might be a re-release of their fabulous wolf spider (?)

The pigeon is tempting, to replace my very nice Kaiyodo version (if only to have a 'solid' piece version)

Also curious what the lizard will be, and a couple animals to the left (small mammal? vulture? livestock? is that a Muskovy duck?!?!?!)

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on November 09, 2022, 02:13:27 PMThe eagle ray and the giant squid look good.

if the squid is what was teased this year, there are some inaccuracies in the suckers on the long tentacles...

JimoAi

I'm beyond happy Abt the spotted eagle ray. There's nothing that can describe it!

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 09, 2022, 02:16:22 PM
Quote from: suspsy on November 09, 2022, 02:13:27 PMThe eagle ray and the giant squid look good.

if the squid is what was teased this year, there are some inaccuracies in the suckers on the long tentacles...

It is the same

bmathison1972

Slighly larger image on STS forum.

So far, assuming these are true:

YES:
bumble bee
flower chafer
lepidopteran
duck (if Muscovy)
cattle (2-3, depending on the breeds)
potbelly pig (?)

Maybe:
Spider (if new species)
Lizard (depends on species)
pigeon (to replace Kaiyodo figure that requires assembly)
vulture (if new species)
sugar glider thing (if new species)

Looks like for the third or fourth year in a row, Papo will be the heavy hitter for me

Also, the raccoon and anteater are releases; these are great models if you missed them the first time!

sbell

The only one of interest to me is, oddly, the flying squirrel. Unless it's a sugar glider. Then it's a maybe

Maybe the lizard.

But if it's not anything like the magpie, probably won't even see it until this time next year

Gwangi

I feel pretty confident that the duck is a Muscovy. That one has my interest, as does the bull next to it. The vulture appears to be an Andean condor and I'm interested in that one too, as well as the right whale. A few others have my interest piqued but those are the standouts for me. Curious about the lizard species.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Gwangi on November 09, 2022, 02:37:43 PMI feel pretty confident that the duck is a Muscovy. That one has my interest, as does the bull next to it. The vulture appears to be an Andean condor and I'm interested in that one too, as well as the right whale. A few others have my interest piqued but those are the standouts for me. Curious about the lizard species.

I suspect the lizard is a viviparous lizard, but we shall see (if so, I am sticking with my Kaiyodo version)

Shane

The vulture looks pretty indisputably to be an Andean Condor.

suspsy

Yeah, that's totally an Andean condor.

NSD Bashe

The giant squid is not only teased but currently available, as I've seen it on eBay

...also is that a nautilus?

EpicRaptorMan

The sugar glider, pigeon, and bighorn all peaked my interest. Also the Muscovy duck since I already have a mallard and mandarin.

Also, if the condor is the Andean condor as some speculate then that is also a yes. At first I thought it was another King vulture

bmathison1972

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on November 09, 2022, 07:33:13 PMThe sugar glider, pigeon, and bighorn all peaked my interest. Also the Muscovy duck since I already have a mallard and mandarin.

Also, if the condor is the Andean condor as some speculate then that is also a yes. At first I thought it was another King vulture

@EpicRaptorMan   note, the 'bighorn' is probably a European mouflon

Arctinus

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 09, 2022, 03:10:08 PMI suspect the lizard is a viviparous lizard, but we shall see (if so, I am sticking with my Kaiyodo version)

If it's a European species, the first thing that comes to my mind is the common wall lizard, which are very common here in Europe. But it could as well be some other species, so it's a wild guess.

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 09, 2022, 07:52:52 PMnote, the 'bighorn' is probably a European mouflon

That's what I think, too.

And the lepidopteran looks like a moth to me, but I've no idea about the species.
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

~Anatole France

EpicRaptorMan

@bmathison1972 not entirely sure what the anatomical differences are between the two, but I do already have a European mouflon.

Whatever it is does it not look identical to another figure from another brand? Same goes for that Anteater.

bmathison1972

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on November 09, 2022, 09:46:56 PM@bmathison1972 not entirely sure what the anatomical differences are between the two, but I do already have a European mouflon.

Whatever it is does it not look identical to another figure from another brand? Same goes for that Anteater.

The anteater is a re-release by Papo, but it's a very good one and worth acquiring now that there is a second chance :)

Gwangi

The sheep is a mouflon, and a re-release. It originally came out in 2012 and retired in 2017.

I don't have a mouflon so I might get it. I like CollectA's but I'm not into the grazing pose.

Arctinus

Quote from: Gwangi on November 09, 2022, 11:20:29 PMThe sheep is a mouflon, and a re-release. It originally came out in 2012 and retired in 2017.

You're right, according to the catalogue, the following are re-releases (de retour chez Papo):

Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

~Anatole France