News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Papo - New for 2023

Started by bmathison1972, November 09, 2022, 02:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

I am going to throw the seahorse in as a maybe, if it's the common seahorse H. kuda.

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 10, 2022, 12:46:24 PMI am going to throw the seahorse in as a maybe, if it's the common seahorse H. kuda.

What Abt the eagle ray? It's the most accurate one made so far from the photos alone

bmathison1972

Quote from: JimoAi on November 10, 2022, 01:27:22 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 10, 2022, 12:46:24 PMI am going to throw the seahorse in as a maybe, if it's the common seahorse H. kuda.

What Abt the eagle ray? It's the most accurate one made so far from the photos alone

I am content with my eagle rays; doubt I'll replace Mojo or Safari

EpicRaptorMan

I would, one day, want a bighorn.

But I did notice the Muscovy Duck which I am excited for. Will look good with my mallard and mandarin.

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 10, 2022, 01:59:35 PM
Quote from: JimoAi on November 10, 2022, 01:27:22 PM

I am content with my eagle rays; doubt I'll replace Mojo or Safari

Hmm maybe you'll change ur mind when we get inhand pictures or after my review cuz I can't praise it enough *wink!

bmathison1972

@Gwangi - according to a source on STS, the red bull and calf will be Salers, to compliment the cow from a couple years ago

Gwangi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 11, 2022, 07:06:48 PM@Gwangi - according to a source on STS, the red bull and calf will be Salers, to compliment the cow from a couple years ago

Oh, nice! Definitely getting the cow or bull, I didn't know they already made a Salers cow.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Gwangi on November 11, 2022, 08:05:34 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 11, 2022, 07:06:48 PM@Gwangi - according to a source on STS, the red bull and calf will be Salers, to compliment the cow from a couple years ago

Oh, nice! Definitely getting the cow or bull, I didn't know they already made a Salers cow.

Yes they did one in 2019 I believe. I have it!!!

EDIT: It came out in 2019 but it was a re-release of a 2005 model.

Gwangi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 11, 2022, 08:32:00 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on November 11, 2022, 08:05:34 PM

Yes they did one in 2019 I believe. I have it!!!

EDIT: It came out in 2019 but it was a re-release of a 2005 model.

If it's that old I expect the bull will be better and that's the one I'll aim for. From what I can tell it looks impressive.

bmathison1972

the cow is very nice; I suspect the cleaned up the sculpt in addition to a repaint. If you get the bull, we can have back-to-back Blog reviews :)

Gwangi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 11, 2022, 10:13:10 PMthe cow is very nice; I suspect the cleaned up the sculpt in addition to a repaint. If you get the bull, we can have back-to-back Blog reviews :)

I like the way you think!

bmathison1972

I have updated the first post with some name updates; these are French-to-English translations, so some species have yet to be figured out. I put my thoughts in brackets

JimoAi

Love how the young Octopus is just an improvement over their old octopus, similar to Schleich's Giga case.

On the other hand, looks like the right whale is going to be a small figure judging by the green tag

Arctinus

Is the spider Parasteatoda tepidariorum as suggested or could it be Tegenaria domestica? This is what comes up when I search the German name and this is also the domestic house spider in Europe.
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

~Anatole France

bmathison1972

Quote from: Arctinus on November 14, 2022, 07:49:58 PMIs the spider Parasteatoda tepidariorum as suggested or could it be Tegenaria domestica? This is what comes up when I search the German name and this is also the domestic house spider in Europe.

Yeah might have to wait until one of us gets it in-hand; if it's anything like their wolf spider it should have accurate eyes :)

Arctinus

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 14, 2022, 09:13:11 PMYeah might have to wait until one of us gets it in-hand; if it's anything like their wolf spider it should have accurate eyes :)

Either way, it's nice to get another spider, hopefully an accurate one.  :D
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

~Anatole France

bmathison1972

I've added some images to the first post, courtesy of Kikimalou on STS forum :)

NSD Bashe

the child in me would've loved that zany looking concavenator   :)

bmathison1972

I updated the first post with nice, high-res pics of all of the new animals (except the horses)

NSD Bashe