Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

CollectA - New for 2023

Started by bmathison1972, November 04, 2022, 10:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 28, 2022, 05:41:34 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on November 28, 2022, 05:24:06 PM
Quote from: suspsy on November 28, 2022, 05:16:09 PMNot gonna lie, I am rather disappointed at how wildlife keeps getting short shrift. But I do like that CollectA made two unusual sharks.

At least we're getting 9 horses.  ::)

I know, I know...horse toys are more popular than other animals.

I have 10 things on my CollectA 2023 want list, so I can't complain

Not really complaining either, just observing that the horses outnumber everything else. There are 6 high priority items on my CollectA list and more than that that I want. But there are only two figures for the wildlife collection, and one of them is a cetacean.

NSD Bashe

While I'm only really planning to get the goblin shark at this time, a number of their figures look pretty cool, like the river dolphin and angel shark and the honeypot ant and that prehistoric critter with the really wide toothy mouth.  Maybe someday but for now they're still fun to see

NSD Bashe

Actually, interesting comparison:  This year and next, CollectA is releasing 1 deep sea creature (anglerfish and goblin shark), 1 prehistoric swimming oddity (cooperoceras and anomalocaris), 1 carnivorous dinosaur with crocodile-like jaws (spinosaurus and ceratosuchops), 1 whale (not counting the dolphin), 1 or 2 hadrosaurs, 1 triceratops and 9 to 10 horses.

JimoAi

In hand pictures of the Shastasaurus, Mosasaurus and Goblin shark!

I'm interested in getting all 3! For the Shastasaurus I'll use it as a Cymbospondylus and the goblin shark as the huge 6m long individual found in 2000!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02mMdsGsPKy4aQhFAxFMQNWL64NULJ1LAFu4tpSQ5uc2Lbrq1rBd4PpuBMEeTCsYedl&id=100063773663644&mibextid=Nif5oz the original source

bmathison1972

THe first wave of CollectA are now available at MiniZoo

BlueKrono

Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 16, 2023, 03:54:32 AMTHe first wave of CollectA are now available at MiniZoo

Looks like most of it's out of stock.
I like turtles.

bmathison1972

Quote from: BlueKrono on January 17, 2023, 04:47:00 AM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 16, 2023, 03:54:32 AMTHe first wave of CollectA are now available at MiniZoo

Looks like most of it's out of stock.

Only the first third was available. Most looks like it's still in stock except the Ruyungasaurus (none of the Wildlife/Sealife was available yet)

bmathison1972

CollectA's second wave is now available at Minizoo. Among the releases are the goblin shark, Amazon River dolphin, and the Koolasuchus, among others

NSD Bashe

Nice, I think those were all my favorite ones of this batch actually--I'm sure I'll at least pick up the goblin shark when I can

bmathison1972

Got a notification from Minizoo today that the rest of the CollectA 2023 are in, which for me meant the angel shark and Rough Collie.

callmejoe3

Quote from: bmathison1972 on May 29, 2023, 01:10:17 PMGot a notification from Minizoo today that the rest of the CollectA 2023 are in, which for me meant the angel shark and Rough Collie.

Just ordered the right whale. BTW a few months back, I got the Goblin Shark.

JimoAi

I'll order the right whale soon when I got the funds to

bmathison1972

I got an email from Minizoo that all CollectA is 30% off. I got all I need at the moment, but maybe there are things of interest for some of you!