Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

CollectA - New for 2023

Started by bmathison1972, November 04, 2022, 10:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

this is the start of CollectA 2023 (yes, there will be more)

Wildlife:

Amazon River Dolphin:

Pangolin:

Sealife:

Goblin Shark:

Right Whale:

Angel Shark:

Farm Time:

Jersey Cow:

Jersey calf:

Rough collie:

Llama:

Horse Country:

Andalusian Stallion:

Clydesdale Stallion:

Morgan Stallion Silver Grulla:

Arabian Stallion:

Boulonnais Mare:

Mustang - Stallion Pay Pintaloosa

Mustang Mare:

Clydesdale foal:

Thoroughbred mare:

Little Wonders:

Honey Ant:

Prehistoric:

Anomalocaris:

Brighstoneus:

Triceratops, confronting:

Hadrosaurus:

Ruyangosaurus:

Ceratosuchops:

Shastasaurus:

Mosasaurus:

Koolasuchus:

Stegouros - Deluxe (1:6):

Mini Collections:

Sea Life 3:

bmathison1972

For these first releases, these are my choices:

YES:
Amazon river dolphin
Jersey cow

MAYBE:
goblin shark @suspsy - any idea of the size? I am unsure if I want to replace my Colorata version
Hadrosaurus - unless Safari releases (or announces) one before this one is released
Mustang - if this represented a 'wild mustang' I'll get it; if it's a mustang-like domestic variety, no

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 04, 2022, 11:03:50 AMFor these first releases, these are my choices:

YES:
Amazon river dolphin
Jersey cow

MAYBE:
goblin shark @suspsy - any idea of the size? I am unsure if I want to replace my Colorata version
Hadrosaurus - unless Safari releases (or announces) one before this one is released
Mustang - if this represented a 'wild mustang' I'll get it; if it's a mustang-like domestic variety, no

The goblin shark is 20cm long and this one looks to be a male

Gwangi

Yes: Amazon river dolphin
      Goblin shark
      Jersey cow
      Hadrosaurus

Shaping up to be a good year for CollectA!

suspsy

That goblin shark looks awesome. Great choice, CollectA!

bmathison1972

CollectA is starting off with a bang! Although if 20 cm, I might stick with my Colorata goblin shark

Speaking of goblin shark, I hope someone makes it the 2023 Halloween review. Hint hint, @Gwangi @suspsy @JimoAi

JimoAi

Hopefully we see a spotted eagle ray! I'm dying to get a definitive version of a very popular species! I sound like a grandpa gain don't I

Gwangi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 04, 2022, 01:12:15 PMCollectA is starting off with a bang! Although if 20 cm, I might stick with my Colorata goblin shark

Speaking of goblin shark, I hope someone makes it the 2023 Halloween review. Hint hint, @Gwangi @suspsy @JimoAi

I would be happy to make that happen. Although it would be hard not to cover it for Shark Week.

JimoAi

Quote from: Gwangi on November 04, 2022, 01:34:56 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 04, 2022, 01:12:15 PMCollectA is starting off with a bang! Although if 20 cm, I might stick with my Colorata goblin shark

I would be happy to make that happen. Although it would be hard not to cover it for Shark Week.

Go for it! I doubt I have time and energy for new figure reviews atm. Heck I still got some I've reserved. But I'm confirmed getting one out by February 7!

Arctinus

Ooh, I'm definitely getting the dolphin and the shark.  :))  This looks like a nice start. I just hope Collecta keeps 'em coming.  ;D
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

~Anatole France

suspsy

Halloween is definitely a more fitting time for a goblin shark review.

Dusty Wren

That dolphin is fantastic. Hats off the CollectA for choosing to make under-represented animals, and for doing it so well.

Also, I haven't collected horses since I was a kid, but both the morgan and the mustang are making me want to take it up again.

Gwangi

Quote from: suspsy on November 04, 2022, 03:40:02 PM

Halloween is definitely a more fitting time for a goblin shark review.

It would probably have to wait until Halloween anyway, given the pace at which I review new CollectA figures. Still have the 2022 releases I reserved that I need to review.

bmathison1972

Removed the mustang from my wish list; it's a wild mustang, but it's a Deluxe figure in the 1:12 scale which means nearly twice as big as a standard horse, such as the few others I possess

EpicRaptorMan

Hell yeah, Goblin Shark. I was *this* close from finally pulling the trigger and buying the Colorata one (which I think is a bit small)

Hopes this is of decent size.
The Pink River dolphin is also another highlight to go well with my Ganges River dolphin

SerAndrew

Good!

NSD Bashe

Nice, another epic deep sea animal from CollectA.  I wonder if they'll put one out every year...

SerAndrew

Quote from: JimoAi on November 04, 2022, 11:26:09 AM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 04, 2022, 11:03:50 AMFor these first releases, these are my choices:

YES:
Amazon river dolphin
Jersey cow

MAYBE:

The goblin shark is 20cm long and this one looks to be a male

20cm for the goblin seems a bit big...

Do we know the size of the dolphin??

Isidro

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH finally finally finally a boto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A fantastifabulous rendition to this dolphin, zillion times better than the obscure, hard to get and slightly too large Play Visions one!!!! This go STRAIGHT to my wishlist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I peregrinated to Duisburg before it was too late and this species have a special significance for me. I will be very very glad to have one in my collection!

Goblin shark is also the best one in quality and much better than any Japanese rendition, but I readed over the posterior comments and it's 20 cm lenght... so definitely not for me. It's bigger than my great white.

I don't collect domestics nor prehistoric, but I admire the very good quality of the cow. CollectA managed to keep their quality seal over the years, something that Schleich failed sometimes.

JimoAi

Quote from: Isidro on November 04, 2022, 10:33:39 PMOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH finally finally finally a boto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A fantastifabulous rendition to this dolphin, zillion times better than the obscure, hard to get and slightly too large Play Visions one!!!! This go STRAIGHT to my wishlist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I peregrinated to Duisburg before it was too late and this species have a special significance for me. I will be very very glad to have one in my collection!

Goblin shark is also the best one in quality and much better than any Japanese rendition, but I readed over the posterior comments and it's 20 cm lenght... so definitely not for me. It's bigger than my great white.

I don't collect domestics nor prehistoric, but I admire the very good quality of the cow. CollectA managed to keep their quality seal over the years, something that Schleich failed sometimes.
Goblins can get up to 20ft long