Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Fun Animal Toy Blog Stats

Started by bmathison1972, December 25, 2019, 02:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

I expect mammals to lose their top spot on the ATB on the same day that Tyrannosaurus rex loses its top spot on the DTB.

bmathison1972

It has been a while since I updated the Blog stats. Mammals have been creeping closer to 100, so now that they reached that milestone, time to update.

First, major taxonomic categories. In addition to mammals reaching 100, arthropods finally got bumped from number 2, with today's Kid Galaxy hammerhead shark.

Note, some blog posts can have more than one taxonomic category.

Next are companies.

The 'Other A' are those companies with only two posts:
COG Ltd., Kitan Club/Ikimon, PNSO/Yiniao, Takara Tomy A.R.T.S., Toy Fish Factory, Toy Major, Unknown Company

'Other B' are those companies with only one post:
Battat, Beauty of the Beasts, Bestiari, Breyer, Burger King, CBIOV, Early Learning Centre, Eikoh, Egmont Ehapa Publishing Company, F-toys, Folkmanis, Fujimi Mokei, Funko, Insect Lore, Invicta, Kid Galaxy, NaturimBild.at, The Petting Zoo, Playmobil, Rebor, Rhode Island Novelty, Ricolino, Science & Nature, SO-TA, Starlux, Tchibo, Wildlife Artists, Inc., Wing Mau, Wolff Marketing Group, Inc., WowWee

sirenia

Is amazing to see how it grows! Wonder how long it will take the mammals to get the next 100?

bmathison1972

Time for a Stats update.

First, major taxonomic groups (remember, one post can have multiple categories):

Next, manufacturers and companies! CollectA has been inching closer to Safari Ltd in recent months.

Other A: These are companies with two posts: COG Ltd. Kitan Club/Ikimon, PNSO/Yiniao, Takara Tomy A.R.T.S., Toy Fish Factory, Toy Major, Unknown Company

Other B: These are companies with only one post: Battat, Beauty of the Beasts, Bestiari, Break C. Ltd., Breyer, Burger King, CBIOV, Club Earth, Early Learning Centre, Eikoh, Egmont Ehapa Publishing Company, F-toys, Folkmanis, Fujimi Mokei, Funko, Funrise Toys, Insect Lore, Invicta, Johan Scherft, Kid Galaxy, Maia & Borges, NaturimBild.at, The Petting Zoo, Playmobil, Rebor, Rhode Island Novelty, Ricolino, Science & Nature, SO-TA/Toys Spirits, Starlux, Tchibo, Wildlife Artists, Inc., Wing Mau, Wolff Marketing Group, Inc., WowWee

sirenia

Always glad to see these stats, thanks for doing them! Really close behind mammals, would only take a few of a certain group to change the rankings completely.

suspsy

I still find it amazing how far behind Schleich is compared to CollectA and Safari.

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on October 15, 2020, 06:12:39 PM
I still find it amazing how far behind Schleich is compared to CollectA and Safari.

I'm not...mainly because most of the posts have come from North America (although that is changing with Sirenia and Lanthanotus contributing more), where Safari is the more popular brand. At least, I assume that's why.

sirenia

Quote from: bmathison1972 on October 16, 2020, 05:46:06 PM
Quote from: suspsy on October 15, 2020, 06:12:39 PM

I'm not...mainly because most of the posts have come from North America (although that is changing with Sirenia and Lanthanotus contributing more), where Safari is the more popular brand. At least, I assume that's why.

Possibly. While Schleich is common in many stores here though, I'd often rather pick up Safari or CollectA where I can.

stargatedalek

I'd say that's probably more representative of the amount of users than region. Not many of us here are casual collectors, so our Schleich figures are likely to be older ones from their glory days than ones we just recently picked up, and there is a tendency for folks to review things we've just gotten.

OkapiBoy

bmathison1972

Time for a stats update.

First, major taxonomic groups. Remember, one post can have multiple groups:

Next, manufacturers. Again, a post can have more than one manufacturer.

Other A: These are manufacturers with only two examples:
COG Ltd., Kitan Club/Ikimon, Maia & Borges, PNSO/Yiniao, Takara Tomy A.R.T.S., Toy Fish Factory, Toy Major

Other B: These are manufacturers with only one so far:
Battat, Beauty of the Beasts, Bestiari, Break C. Ltd., Breyer, Burger King, CBIOV, Chick-Fil-A Properties, Inc., Club Earth, Early Learning Centre, Eikoh, Egmont Ehapa Publishing Company, F-toys, Folkmanis, Fujimi Mokei, Funko, Funrise Toys, Ganz, Insect Lore, Invicta, Jam, Johan Scherft, Kid Galaxy, NaturimBild.at, The Petting Zoo, Playmobil, Rebor, Rhode Island Novelty, Ricolino, Science & Nature, SO-TA/Toys Spirits, Starlux, Target Brands, Tarlin, Tchibo, Wildlife Artists, Inc., Wing Mau, Wolff Marketing Group, Inc., WowWee

sirenia

Always love seeing the stats. Hopefully can get AAA into a clear fourth place, if it isn't with the recent additions.

callmejoe3

I just realized I think I'm the sole contributor for Maia and Borges on the ATB. Going forward, I'm gonna try to maintain my relatively even representation of different brands/manufacturers. So that may lead to me reviewing my Kaiyodo Blue whale pretty soon.

bmathison1972

My post tomorrow/Tues will be by Club Earth, which will bump it up from B to A haha

Gwangi

Has our readership expanded at all? Site travel to the blog? It seems like the only people reading these reviews are those of us that are writing them. Most seem to average 7 or so votes.

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Adam has shared these stats with me in the past and blog traffic is greater than it appears.

I wouldn't use votes as a metric. Also, the figures with the highest number of votes are the more familiar species an figures by more familiar companies (in other words, the figures the reader is likely to own or want to buy).

Arctinus

I read these blog posts (though I admit I have some catching up to do!), but I usually vote for the ones that I have.  :)

These blog posts also help me decide if I should get a certain figure or not.  :))
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

~Anatole France

bmathison1972

Quote from: Arctinus on December 03, 2020, 01:54:22 PM
I read these blog posts (though I admit I have some catching up to do!), but I usually vote for the ones that I have.  :)

These blog posts also help me decide if I should get a certain figure or not.  :))

I have always been curious about peoples' voting habits. Me, I never vote for my own posts but I always vote for all the others. My rating is based on several criteria involving the figure itself (not the photography or writing style of the reviewer nor their personal opinions). I take the age of the figure into consideration (for example I rate a vintage figure higher if it's not accurate, as it may have been the best of its species at the time it came out).

Arctinus

Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 03, 2020, 01:59:08 PM
Quote from: Arctinus on December 03, 2020, 01:54:22 PM

I have always been curious about peoples' voting habits. Me, I never vote for my own posts but I always vote for all the others. My rating is based on several criteria involving the figure itself (not the photography or writing style of the reviewer nor their personal opinions). I take the age of the figure into consideration (for example I rate a vintage figure higher if it's not accurate, as it may have been the best of its species at the time it came out).

I haven't considered the age/year of release aspect, but now I think I might.  :) Though, not being an expert collector and also being late to the party, it's kind of hard knowing which were the best figures of a certain age. :P

So far I've voted based on how well I thought the figure depicted the actual animal and I don't think I've given less than three stars so far (but I could be wrong, though).
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

~Anatole France