News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Fun Animal Toy Blog Stats

Started by bmathison1972, December 25, 2019, 02:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

Here are some stats as of March 31, 2020:

First, number of entries per major taxonomic groups. Please remember, some posts can have multiple higher taxa:

Next, stats by Company

The category called Other (A) are companies with only two reviews: Kitan Club/Ikimon; Toy Fish Factory

The category called Other (B) are companies with only one review: Aquameridian; Bestiari; Breyer; CBIOV; Egmont Ehapa Publishing Company, F-toys; For Corporation; Invicta; K&M International; NaturimBild.at, Noah's Pals; Playmobil, Ricolino; Science & Nature; SO-TA; Starlux; Takara Tomy A.R.T.S.; Tchibo; Toy Major; Wing Mau; WowWee; Unknown Companies

Isidro

I'm very suprised that CollectA is half than Safari, I tought they would be more or less equal or with CollectA surpassing Safari. And also surprised to see that Mojo Fun is so low in the scale.

bmathison1972

It's early; things will probably slowly balance out. I am not surprised Safari is the most common; the more active contributors to the Blog so far are in North America where Safari is more readily available.

I am surprised more that birds and reptiles are so low, especially since many of the authors are active on the DTB/DTF

-BAM

suspsy

I'm surprised how little Schleich reviews there are given how widely available their products are.

My next two reviews will be reptiles.

Gwangi

I'm also surprised by the lack of birds and reptiles. Guess I'll have to concentrate on those next, I have quite a few including more AAA reptiles.

AnimalToyForum

Interesting stats, thanks for compiling them. It will be interesting to see how they change with time...

bmathison1972

I just realized there is at least one error, probably related to a typo. For example, Southlands Replicas should have 4, not 2. And I forgot Colorata entirely (4). Uggh.

Numbers will be recalculated before the next iteration of these stats :)

Also, I posted these stats before I posted the Papo goose, so that is one more for 'Papo' and 'Birds'

bmathison1972

It has been a month since I started this thread, so I have updated the first post with stats through today's African Lion by CollectA post.

Avian

I hope to see the number of birds increase in the future. I have loved avians since I was a kid, so I might consider doing something similar to Blaines bug of the day but with birds.
You must understand the past before you can change the future.

bmathison1972

Quote from: MammothProductions on January 26, 2020, 03:35:35 PM
I hope to see the number of birds increase in the future. I have loved avians since I was a kid, so I might consider doing something similar to Blaines bug of the day but with birds.

A Bird of the Day would be AWESOME! Maybe @sbell can do 'Fish of the Day' :)

Back to the stats, the ratios are pretty much the same as a month ago. Birds may have pulled away from Reptiles a little, and mammals may have pulled away from everyone else a little more, but the ratios are still very similar. For companies, we had more 'firsts' with only one post per company and a few more got their third post.

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 26, 2020, 05:37:00 PM

A Bird of the Day would be AWESOME! Maybe @sbell can do 'Fish of the Day' :)

Back to the stats, the ratios are pretty much the same as a month ago. Birds may have pulled away from Reptiles a little, and mammals may have pulled away from everyone else a little more, but the ratios are still very similar. For companies, we had more 'firsts' with only one post per company and a few more got their third post.

I have considered it. I have too many things I want to get to...

AnimalToyForum

I'd love to see that. :)

bmathison1972

I was traveling at the end of February, so I did not update stats last month. I just updated the charts, but postimages is down for maintenance, so I will not have able to upload them now.

I will upload them as soon as I can, and will reflect everything up to and including the NaturimBild Alpine salamander.

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 29, 2020, 09:28:22 PM
I was traveling at the end of February, so I did not update stats last month. I just updated the charts, but postimages is down for maintenance, so I will not have able to upload them now.

I will upload them as soon as I can, and will reflect everything up to and including the NaturimBild Alpine salamander.

Feel free to use the animaltoyblog to host your images if you like (even for images not included in reviews).

bmathison1972

Thanks Adam.

The first post has been updated through the NaturimBild.at Alpine salamander.

bmathison1972

Here are updated stats. Instead of replacing the images in the first post, I am adding these here, so we can see trends :).

First, stats by major taxonomic groups. Remember, some blog posts can have more than one category:

Next, stats by Company

The category called Other (A) are companies with only two reviews: Cog Ltd.; Kitan Club/Ikimon; Toy Fish Factory

The category called Other (B) are companies with only one review: Aquameridian; Beauty of the Beasts, Bestiari; Breyer; Burger King; CBIOV; Egmont Ehapa Publishing Company, F-toys; For Corporation; Invicta; NaturimBild.at, Noah's Pals; Playmobil, Ricolino; Science & Nature; SO-TA; Starlux; Takara Tomy A.R.T.S.; Tchibo; Toy Major; Wing Mau; Wolff Marketing Group; WowWee; Unknown Companies

bmathison1972

I'll be updating these stats probably on Sunday... reptiles have overtaken birds at this point :)

sirenia

Quote from: bmathison1972 on May 30, 2020, 12:45:01 AM
I'll be updating these stats probably on Sunday... reptiles have overtaken birds at this point :)

Amazing that. It's like people have reviewed the same species several times! :P

bmathison1972

Here are the stats through today, May 31 (up to and including the 2020 Safari Ltd. gray wolf). We have had a lot of reviews on May, probably our most prolific month!

First, taxonomic categories. Remember, some posts can have more than one group (eg, a tube set with birds and mammals)

Next, manufacturers.

Other (A). These are manufacturers with only two posts: COG Ltd., Kitan Club/Ikimon, Noah's Pals, Toy Fish Factory

Other (B). These are manufacturers with only one post: Aquameridian, Beauty of the Beasts, Bestiari, Breyer, Burger King, CBIOV, Egmont Ehapa Publishing Company, F-toys, Folkmanis, For Corporation, Fujimi Mokei, Insect Lore, Invicta, NaturimBild.at, Playmobil, Play Visions, Rebor, Ricolino, Science & Nature, SO-TA, Starlux, Takara Tomy A.R.T.S., Tchibo, Toy Major, Wildlife Artists, Inc. ,Wing Mau, Wolff Marketing Group, Inc., WowWee, Unknown Company

sirenia

Interesting to see how this will change. Think it will take some time for groups to get anywhere near mammals.