Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

Quote from: Jetoar on December 16, 2014, 12:00:14 PM
Quote from: brontodocus on December 16, 2014, 09:37:12 AM
Yay, congrats, Jetoar! :) Will you post individual photos of the Sailfish?

Yes I will. I will do a walk around of it  ^-^.
Exactly what I was hoping for. Looking forward to it! :)

radioactive347

Yesterday I acquired a 2002 Safari Ltd. Carnegie Velociraptor and a chinanimal green vine snake.

brontodocus

Quote from: radioactive347 on December 20, 2014, 09:59:20 PM
Yesterday I acquired a 2002 Safari Ltd. Carnegie Velociraptor and a chinanimal green vine snake.
Congrats, radioactive 347! :) The green vine snake - is it very chinanimal-ish or is it a good one?

Edit: Just one figure today but one I'm quite happy to have. :)

Bullyland unpainted toad 68392. Originally the figure was painted brown and resembled the European Common Toad, Bufo bufo. I thought about painting it to match the European Green Toad, Bufotes viridis (I noticed the parotoid glands look more like those of the latter, too).

radioactive347

Quote from: brontodocus on December 20, 2014, 10:29:21 PM
Quote from: radioactive347 on December 20, 2014, 09:59:20 PM
Congrats, radioactive 347! :) The green vine snake - is it very chinanimal-ish or is it a good one?

The green vine snake is on the better side of chinanimals, but the head is wrong. Otherwise it's pretty good.
Congrats on your toad!

stargatedalek

just a few hours ago I got a package, Safari Ltd. Tokay Gecko and Gila Monster! I've wanted this gecko since I was a little girl and I saw them used in a museum display, and it feels great to finally have one in my hands :D
they really do go nicely with their AAA counterparts! (monitor is by AAA)

they really do have a lot of detail to them, I just love cast figurines! its not that I have anything against sculpted figurines (heaven forbid!) but there's just something about cast pieces that I love, I guess it could be that I've always had a fondness for museums and these really do feel like mounted specimens

sadly it seems not everyone is as enthused as I am with the new additions:

radioactive347

Congratulations stargatedalek! The Tokay Gecko is very cute. :)

postsaurischian

Quote from: brontodocus on December 20, 2014, 10:29:21 PM

Bullyland unpainted toad 68392 .......

:D Wow! Sometimes Bullyland show how good they can be. I'm not sure if I would give it a paintjob :-\.

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 21, 2014, 06:58:31 PM

Beautiful reptile models! May I ask you to show the Gila monster in this thread too?  > http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=967.msg7746#msg7746
I just like it when these group threads are filled with different versions :).

bmathison1972

today I received the red-knee tarantula by Safari LTD. as part of their Smithsonian Insects Series. A very large but VERY NICE figure. You forgot how good these Smithsonian figures are until you compare them with their Hidden Kingdom versions :)

postsaurischian

Those many eyes of spiders always create an extraterrestrial impression on me :).

Jetoar

Wonderful acquisitions  ^-^.

These are my recent acquisitions ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

sbell

What is the shark at the front of that photo? It looks like a Schleich carded figure from the original marine animals, but doesn't have the usual printings.

And I don't recall a Schleich sand tiger shark at any point, unless it's something else.

brontodocus

Congrats, stargatedalek, Blaine, and Jetoar! :) Wow, Blaine, I thought you already had the Smithsonian Collection Red-kneed Tarantula. :o
Quote from: sbell on December 23, 2014, 05:33:28 AM
What is the shark at the front of that photo? It looks like a Schleich carded figure from the original marine animals, but doesn't have the usual printings.

And I don't recall a Schleich sand tiger shark at any point, unless it's something else.
I have the feeling those carded figures are actually Maia & Borges (which would explain their resemblance to the older Schleich 1/32 marine animals since those were made by M&B for Schleich, too).

brontodocus

Oh, and I just received a parcel from HLJ in Japan! ^-^

bmathison1972

Bronto-D: I had the HK version but not the Smithsomian. And I see you got the Kinto Favorites Anomalacris. I have the special release mini figure (gashapon-size) coming in the mail...I will then have all three of them LOL

brontodocus

Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 23, 2014, 01:14:01 PM
Bronto-D: I had the HK version but not the Smithsomian. And I see you got the Kinto Favorites Anomalacris. I have the special release mini figure (gashapon-size) coming in the mail...I will then have all three of them LOL
Yay, I've seen photos of those minis but I didn't know they are already available. :) Does special release mean they are harder to get?

bmathison1972

Quote from: brontodocus on December 23, 2014, 01:27:07 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 23, 2014, 01:14:01 PM
Yay, I've seen photos of those minis but I didn't know they are already available. :) Does special release mean they are harder to get?

yes, you cannot buy the minis...you had to buy a regular figure during a time frame and the mini was free. I bought the giant squid to get the mini Anomalacris.

Jetoar

Quote from: brontodocus on December 23, 2014, 08:24:13 AM
Congrats, stargatedalek, Blaine, and Jetoar! :) Wow, Blaine, I thought you already had the Smithsonian Collection Red-kneed Tarantula. :o
Quote from: sbell on December 23, 2014, 05:33:28 AM

I have the feeling those carded figures are actually Maia & Borges (which would explain their resemblance to the older Schleich 1/32 marine animals since those were made by M&B for Schleich, too).

They are Maia & Borges figures. Schleich used the cast of this brand for their figures  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

sbell

Got some new fishes!

Featherfin knifefish:

Atractosteus gar (doesn't have to be an alligator gar...):

Electric eel:

Payara, Hyrdolycus scomberoides

Yay 3D printing! And there's a few more that I will hopefully have in the new year.

And apologies for the terrible pictures--the plastic is tough to get details on.

sauroid

bmathison1972

I was just going through some generic toy bugs of mine and realized I have a figure cast from the Safari LTD Smithsonian tarantula that I just obtained-LOL. It's def case from the same mould but Safari isn't credited on the underside. Also, it's covered dorsally with 'fuzz'. Funny.