Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

Yay, a 3d printed Payara! :o 8)
Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 23, 2014, 01:29:52 PM
Quote from: brontodocus on December 23, 2014, 01:27:07 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 23, 2014, 01:14:01 PM
Bronto-D: I had the HK version but not the Smithsomian. And I see you got the Kinto Favorites Anomalacris. I have the special release mini figure (gashapon-size) coming in the mail...I will then have all three of them LOL
Yay, I've seen photos of those minis but I didn't know they are already available. :) Does special release mean they are harder to get?
yes, you cannot buy the minis...you had to buy a regular figure during a time frame and the mini was free. I bought the giant squid to get the mini Anomalacris.
Nooooooooo! :'(  Ahem, sorry... I had ordered a few Favorite figures via HLJ but most are on backorder - I guess that wouldn't quite qualify for getting a mini Anomalocaris? :-[
Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 27, 2014, 02:31:50 AM
I was just going through some generic toy bugs of mine and realized I have a figure cast from the Safari LTD Smithsonian tarantula that I just obtained-LOL. It's def case from the same mould but Safari isn't credited on the underside. Also, it's covered dorsally with 'fuzz'. Funny.
Is it also covered in fuzz where the Safari Ltd stamp would be (the "Fuzzy Frog" revealed one after removal of the fuzz identifying it as its predecessor, the "Tree Frog")? If not, could it be a knock-off then?

sbell

Quote from: brontodocus on December 27, 2014, 04:40:29 PM
Yay, a 3d printed Payara! :o 8)
Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 23, 2014, 01:29:52 PM
Quote from: brontodocus on December 23, 2014, 01:27:07 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 23, 2014, 01:14:01 PM
Bronto-D: I had the HK version but not the Smithsomian. And I see you got the Kinto Favorites Anomalacris. I have the special release mini figure (gashapon-size) coming in the mail...I will then have all three of them LOL
Yay, I've seen photos of those minis but I didn't know they are already available. :) Does special release mean they are harder to get?
yes, you cannot buy the minis...you had to buy a regular figure during a time frame and the mini was free. I bought the giant squid to get the mini Anomalacris.
Nooooooooo! :'(  Ahem, sorry... I had ordered a few Favorite figures via HLJ but most are on backorder - I guess that wouldn't quite qualify for getting a mini Anomalocaris? :-[

No, you had to order directly through the Favorite site. I think several people had Brett place the orders for them, since (like a lot of Japan primary sources) they don't actually sell-ship to other countries.

bmathison1972

Quote from: brontodocus on December 27, 2014, 04:40:29 PM
Is it also covered in fuzz where the Safari Ltd stamp would be (the "Fuzzy Frog" revealed one after removal of the fuzz identifying it as its predecessor, the "Tree Frog")? If not, could it be a knock-off then?

there is no fuzz on the bottom, and there is clearly no Safari stamp. It is a knock-off (but a well made one!)

Jetoar

The last weekend I was in a flea market and I bought these figures  ^-^.

Sometimes, we can find treasures  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

stargatedalek

I picked up the Battat Terra alligator(?) and manta ray at Target today on discount for $2 a piece, sadly no sign of the boxed sets
the alligator has a very interesting pose, but its paint app is subpar, I'll have fun painting it
the manta is nice, but Target placed the discount price sticker on top of a large missing paint flake, so I'll probably touch it up, maybe some speckles

brontodocus

Congrats, Jetoar & stargatedalek! :) Jetoar, is that a knock-off of the PV Parson's Chameleon?

Jetoar

Quote from: brontodocus on January 01, 2015, 10:06:56 AM
Congrats, Jetoar & stargatedalek! :) Jetoar, is that a knock-off of the PV Parson's Chameleon?

I dont know very well because it has a sucker in its belly.

brontodocus

:o :o :o

Only one figure today, but one I was really hoping to get from the first time I noticed that it was going to be released by end of December! :D

bmathison1972

Quote from: brontodocus on January 03, 2015, 05:17:04 PM
:o :o :o

Only one figure today, but one I was really hoping to get from the first time I noticed that it was going to be released by end of December! :D

how did you get this? I tried to bid on one through Brett but never heard back. Can they be bought?

brontodocus

Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 03, 2015, 05:21:10 PM
how did you get this? I tried to bid on one through Brett but never heard back. Can they be bought?
Off ebay. I'll pm you the link. But the price has risen since I bought mine...

sbell

Quote from: brontodocus on January 03, 2015, 05:27:54 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 03, 2015, 05:21:10 PM
Off ebay. I'll pm you the link. But the price has risen since I bought mine...

There are lots of them on YAJ. Not cheap--but then, they are apparently ridiculously large!

brontodocus

Quote from: sbell on January 03, 2015, 07:29:08 PM
There are lots of them on YAJ. Not cheap--but then, they are apparently ridiculously large!
Yes, I measured 287 mm. I've seen them on Yahoo Auctions Japan for usually around ¥8,000 starting bid. Together with EMS shipping costs and Jauce fees I decided that in the end the one I found on ebay was no more expensive than those (although the price still was painful). Seller seems to have risen the price since I bought, too. :-\ By the way, unlike some photos I've seen (of what may be a prototype of yet another life size Kitan Club Bathynomus giganteus) this figure is not articulated.

Edit: I should have mentioned that the photo is a bit misleading, the figure is being held by one of my sons (who will turn six in March).

bathynomus

Ahhhh, brontodocus, I love it!  Jealous forever.

I got a bathynomus cell phone case for Christmas and it's probably my favorite possession. 

brontodocus

Quote from: bathynomus on January 05, 2015, 02:55:37 AM
Ahhhh, brontodocus, I love it!  Jealous forever.

I got a bathynomus cell phone case for Christmas and it's probably my favorite possession.
Thanks, bathynomus! :) Well, I've seen a really good cell phone case...

do you have this one, perhaps? 8)

bmathison1972

ha! Is that case for real? How can I get one (to use as a figure though, not a phone case...)

brontodocus

Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 05, 2015, 05:35:57 PM
ha! Is that case for real? How can I get one (to use as a figure though, not a phone case...)
Yes, it is! :) They are offered quite frequently, I've seen them on ebay, rakuten, and Yahoo Auctions Japan. Here is one: http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/speedwagon/item/10000498/ but the price is so high you could as well get the Kitan Club Giant Isopod instead! :o

Jetoar

bmathison1972

A couple new buggies for Blaine today:

1) posable 10" centipede by AAA
2) life cycle of an ant by Safari LTD (Safariology 2014). This life cycle is very much like the Insect Lore life cycle, but I like what Safari has done with opening the pupa to show the developing imago. They also did this with the luna moth and stag beetle.

brontodocus

Congrats, Blaine! :) The Ant Life Cycle looks good. I've seen the AAA centipede before, it's coloured like Scolopendra hardwickei - but if I may quote good old Jeff from my favourite sitcom:

;D

bathynomus

Yup, that's the one, brontodocus!  I think they made a metallic gold one at one point too.