Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

Congrats, Blaine! :) Since I only have the Yujin Lethocerus (but the CapsuleQ Museum figure is on its way to me) - what do you think of the new one compared to the others?

bmathison1972

it's nice but the Yujin is still the best. My favorite is stil the Bandai figure that's captured a frog under water (I dont remember the name of the specific line within Bandai)

BTW, my newest Choco Q museum figure the forlegs dont attach properly in the hole. i had to use an adhesive to secure them. I'd be very interested to hear if you have the same problem and if my specimen was a fluke or if it's a general manufacturing problem  :o
I hope the Leptodera doesnt have the same problem (havent assembled it yet...)

bmathison1972

I put the Leptodera together too...a little disappointing. Two pieces didn't fit right and had to be secured with adhesive. Also, the 'eye' is facing the wrong direction. There is no other way the pieces interlock, so it has to be a manufacturing error. I hope this isn't a new trend from Kaiyodo...  :o :'(

BTW, Kaiyodo is putting out 5 Aquatales series this year and the first two have some cool inverts (including a mud? crab). They are also doing a 'Danger' set that will have a tarantula, scorpion, 2 centipedes, and a blue-ringed octopus!

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 13, 2014, 12:23:28 AM
I put the Leptodera together too...a little disappointing. Two pieces didn't fit right and had to be secured with adhesive. Also, the 'eye' is facing the wrong direction. There is no other way the pieces interlock, so it has to be a manufacturing error. I hope this isn't a new trend from Kaiyodo...  :o :'(

BTW, Kaiyodo is putting out 5 Aquatales series this year and the first two have some cool inverts (including a mud? crab). They are also doing a 'Danger' set that will have a tarantula, scorpion, 2 centipedes, and a blue-ringed octopus!

Do you have a link to these sets? I can never navigate around the Kaiyodo websites, and the ones I know don't say anything about new Aquatales or capsule sets. Many of the Kaiyodo sites seem to fall into disuse.

bmathison1972

Sean, the Kaiyodo ChocoQ sets are here: http://www.capsuleq.in/m/index.htm

I don't have links to the others; Chad (sphyrna18) directed me to images posted on the STS forum (which I never really go to anymore unless directed there for something specific...)

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 13, 2014, 01:55:00 AM
Sean, the Kaiyodo ChocoQ sets are here: http://www.capsuleq.in/m/index.htm

I don't have links to the others; Chad (sphyrna18) directed me to images posted on the STS forum (which I never really go to anymore unless directed there for something specific...)

I've seen that one, but it doesn't have the new sets you mentioned. I guess it's off to STS--a difficult proposition sometimes.

sbell

Found it:

I've seen the polystones before, but the set of figures...goes without saying that I will be ceaselessly hunting the paddlefish and tigerfish. The others look well done but I just don't have the space or budget!

Oh, and the dangerous creatures:

The picture makes them look like the size of a Safari or CollectA figure!

postsaurischian

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 12, 2014, 05:58:39 PM
BTW, my newest Choco Q museum figure the forlegs dont attach properly in the hole. i had to use an adhesive to secure them. I'd be very interested to hear if you have the same problem and if my specimen was a fluke or if it's a general manufacturing problem  :o

Same here :( - forlegs (with head) do not attach.
Also I got the sea turtle from the last set with two right flippers, which makes the figure even useless.

bmathison1972

Three new inverts today from the Cadbury Lost Kingdoms Series: ammonite, cephalopod, and Wixaxia.

Jetoar

Wonderful figures, even blue ringed octopus  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

Quote from: sbell on March 13, 2014, 04:23:44 AM
goes without saying that I will be ceaselessly hunting the paddlefish and tigerfish.
Me too! :o Although I will definitely not leave it just to these two even though a tigerfish is most amazing! They all seem to be quite big, indeed. I wonder how the manta ray would fit into the capsule ball (on the other hand, those capsule balls are about the size of a tennis ball). Funny that the dangerous creatures also contain animals that aren't really dangerous (O. pumilio, D. leucomelas, and what is supposedly Brachypelma smithi). But they look like they were all exceptionally well made! ^-^

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 13, 2014, 07:43:24 AM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 12, 2014, 05:58:39 PM

Same here :( - forlegs (with head) do not attach.
Also I got the sea turtle from the last set with two right flippers, which makes the figure even useless.
Oh, sorry for that... :( I have ordered two... they haven't arrived yet, I hope it's not a general problem. :-\

postsaurischian

Quote from: brontodocus on March 14, 2014, 03:45:43 PM
goes without saying that I will be ceaselessly hunting the paddlefish and tigerfish.
Me too! :o Although I will definitely not leave it just to these two even though a tigerfish is most amazing! They all seem to be quite big, indeed. I wonder how the manta ray would fit into the capsule ball (on the other hand, those capsule balls are about the size of a tennis ball). .......

I think I have seen somewhere that these aren't sold in capsule balls.
They're resins and sold in boxes I guess.

I want the swimming Walrus :D!
Unfortunately they're going to be relatively expensive.

sbell

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 14, 2014, 08:09:25 PM
Quote from: brontodocus on March 14, 2014, 03:45:43 PM
Me too! :o Although I will definitely not leave it just to these two even though a tigerfish is most amazing! They all seem to be quite big, indeed. I wonder how the manta ray would fit into the capsule ball (on the other hand, those capsule balls are about the size of a tennis ball). .......

I think I have seen somewhere that these aren't sold in capsule balls.
They're resins and sold in boxes I guess.

I want the swimming Walrus :D!
Unfortunately they're going to be relatively expensive.

I just realized what you are saying is true--those are part of the polystone line. Meaning that they're going to be $$$. So they aren't capsule figures, which is too bad, because those fit shelves better...

brontodocus

Oh, that would make sense of course. But it would also mean that I'll probably only get just a few. :-\ Hmm, on the other hand on the picture Sean posted of the "Dangerous Creatures" it still says CapsuleQ Museum. Shouldn't at least those be Capsule figures then? ???

sbell

Quote from: brontodocus on March 14, 2014, 10:28:39 PM
Oh, that would make sense of course. But it would also mean that I'll probably only get just a few. :-\ Hmm, on the other hand on the picture Sean posted of the "Dangerous Creatures" it still says CapsuleQ Museum. Shouldn't at least those be Capsule figures then? ???

I think they are--I was only talking about the Aquatales figures. And yes, given the average cost of those figures, I'm probably only going to save up for the 2 that I need the most.

brontodocus

Thinking of it... the Aquatales do look like resins. Those bases would make more sense when they are massive and quite heavy (or else they might topple over easily) and the thin rods are probably made out of steel?

Jetoar

These are the books than I bought two weeks ago  ^-^.

An these are my acquistions of yesterday  ^-^.

with a good price  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

OkapiBoy

Kaiyodo Aqualand resin angel shark figure. More pics of it in the walkabout section ^-^

brontodocus

New additions came on Saturday! :D

With many thanks once again to Helge for helping me get the wonderful Favorite Soft Model Tamba Sauropod by Hirokazu Tokugawa! :) Of the new CollectAs my favourites are the Southern Cassowary, Tasmanian Devil, and the Water Buffalo which is almost as large as the Mojö Fun Gaur Bull!

sauroid

wow! very cool new ones brontodocus. awesome new figures everyone!