Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

Quote from: sbell on February 01, 2014, 06:39:40 PM

I am hoping that you have the Venomous Creatures toob centipede--much better figure of course.

And yes, you can always tell the earliest Safari toobs, because there are no labels (insects, reptiles, original ocean, North America and dinosaur toob) and some of them, are really very generic and in desperate need of retirement/replacement (like they did with the NA toob, which is now full of great small figures).

yeah I have all the arthropods from the Venomous Creatures Toob. They are very nice (the whole TOOB is)

sauroid

some new ones
Schleichs

Safari Ltd chicks

brontodocus

Congrats, sauroid! :) Cuteness overload! All those lion babies, meerkats, and chicks! ;D

sbell

I don't have it yet, but I just bought it. A little more than I probably should have, but I have never seen this before: a desert pupfish form Safari

Much like the red-cheek salamander, I'm guessing that this is a special-release figure for a particular place. Given that I had access to catalogues and such in 2009, there's no way I wouldn't have seen it.

I will of course provide more photos when I have it.

For those who don't want to click links (form the auction):

And belly-evidence that it is Safari:

brontodocus

Wow, what a great find, Sean! :o It looks quite big, too, I wonder if it was made the same way as the Incredible Creatures fishes (hollow and pliable)?

bmathison1972

interesting Sean. The bottom says 'Tempe, AZ' (my hometown). It must have been made for some project in Arizona. There are not any real Natural History Museums in Tempe, but the Phoenix Zoo is there. Might have been made for their gift shop?
When you get the figure, I'd be interested in seeing what the entire reading on the bottom is (Something and Associates). Might have been made for some conservation efforts.
A real neat find regardless

sbell

From what he could tell me, it's about 4" long (so, 2:1 scale or so) but didn't know much about the origins. Once I have it I can bug Safari a bit more for info on it. The Tempe, AZ mark is certainly a good clue, although I couldn't find any particular places that might have commissioned it.

K907

bmathison1972

Quote from: sbell on February 05, 2014, 02:00:35 PM
From what he could tell me, it's about 4" long (so, 2:1 scale or so) but didn't know much about the origins. Once I have it I can bug Safari a bit more for info on it. The Tempe, AZ mark is certainly a good clue, although I couldn't find any particular places that might have commissioned it.

There is also the Arizona Museum of Natural History in Mesa, AZ (which borders Tempe) (http://azmnh.org/), and as I recall they sell Safari Figures, at least dinosaur figures. The sponsoring company could've been from Tempe but they were sold at the Mesa Museum. I left AZ in 2007 so I wouldn't have seen this figure when I was there.

Best guess, the AZMNH or the Phoenix Zoo.

sbell

Quote from: K907 on February 06, 2014, 06:39:20 AM
Apparently Safari Ltd also did a razorback sucker figure as well:

http://downloads.safariltd.com/etailer/Product%20Test%20Reports/0_Custom_Items/

Thanks. Now I have something else to hunt down... ;D Of course, I found the pupfish by accident (and I went through all of the seller's auctions, in case there were other hidden gems, but no luck), so it could happen again.

stemturtle

Life Cycle of a Mosquito (Safari Ltd.)

The 4 stages are eggs, larva, pupa, and adult.
The adult mosquito is about 3 ½ inches or 9 cm.
Even in Minnesota, that would be big for the "state bird."  :)
Available on eBay.

bmathison1972

I have this life cycle already too. As excited as I am to get a toy mosquito (or at least one from a major brand--I have a chinabug one); the figure (esp. the adult) is somewhat disappointing. I understand it's hard to make long features (legs, proboscis) so they don't break easily but the proportions seem way off. Still, a must have  :)

Jetoar

My last acquisitions  ^-^.

And finally TLW Ornithosuchus  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

Good catch, Jetoar, the moose is also very nice! :)

New Safari figures came in today:

:D

K907

Awesome Andre! Now I need to get back into collecting mode again. I love your photography as always!

Jetoar

Awesome acquistions friend as always  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

sauroid

awesome new stuff Dr.Andre.

brontodocus

Many thanks, Kevin, Jetoar, and sauroid! :)
Quote from: K907 on February 11, 2014, 04:01:31 PM
Awesome Andre! Now I need to get back into collecting mode again. I love your photography as always!
You should really! :) So many brilliant marine life figures are being released this year!

postsaurischian

:) Nice catch, Andre.

........... I just cannot bring myself to buy that Carnegie rex :-[ ;D.

brontodocus

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 12, 2014, 10:42:57 PM
:) Nice catch, Andre.

........... I just cannot bring myself to buy that Carnegie rex :-[ ;D.
Thanks Helge! :-) You're going to pass on this one just because it has Sprechkäse? ;D Just because I don't know if an English expression exists, "Sprechkäse" means that sort of sticky spittle some people have in the corners of their mouth when they are talking...