Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetoar

Lovely new acquistions Brontodocus, even the new figures of this year  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

Many thanks, sauroid and Jetoar! :) I only forgot to put the Pygmy Sperm Whale into my shopping basket... how embarrassing... :-[ ;D

sauroid

got some new ones in
schleich asian elephant

S.H. blue whale

colorata orca

Re-ment lion

colorata great white

colorata black tip shark

fame master crocodile

mojo hippo

mojo koala

mojo nile crocodile

mojo giant panda

mojo platypus

mojo proboscis monkey

mermaidgrey

The Hippo looks especially realistic. I bet you could do some lovely dioramas with it :) I'm particularly fond of the platypus though. Very cute and full of character. Where did you buy these from? Online?

sbell

I notice that the Mojo figures are now tagged with the Animal Planet logo. I wonder if they will all come like that now--and if that means the end of Schleich in TRU stores, due to their carrying of the Animal Planet lines?

Also, today I could have bought the Papo zorse. It's very pretty. But in the end, I went with the Dimetrodon. Some things are more important than others.

brontodocus

Congrats, sauroid! :) The Mojö Hippo looks really great. I've never heard of this "S.H." company that made the Blue Whale. Do you have more information about them? Oh, and Sean, since you've seen the Zorse - was it as glossy as it seemed from catalogue photos or did it look better in reality?

sauroid

hi thanks all.
SBell, i think and hope that the days of Schleich's monopoly is about to end. the stores (TRU and sister companies) where i got the mojos from also carry Schleichs and their shelves are displayed side by side.
brontodocus, according to another member of STS (Andreas), S.H. is a chinese company that makes mostly reptiles/amphibians/arthropods in the typical cheap china style. this whale is an exception, altho it is small at about four inches long (almost colorata-ish).

sbell

Quote from: brontodocus on April 06, 2014, 10:08:36 AM
Congrats, sauroid! :) The Mojö Hippo looks really great. I've never heard of this "S.H." company that made the Blue Whale. Do you have more information about them? Oh, and Sean, since you've seen the Zorse - was it as glossy as it seemed from catalogue photos or did it look better in reality?

It was pretty shiny, although not as glossy as the photos made it seem.

I should also mention--I went to a new toy store that had 5 shelves of CollectA animals for sale! This is Canada, so they don't have anything newer than last year, but I've never seen that before. It's like the day I found a rack of Mojo figures at a pet store!

FreshSphere

So many great figures. It's neat seeing the comparisons between the different companies. The mojo giant panda looks very nice.

Jetoar

Really cool aquisitions friends. These is my new acquisitions  ^-^.

The last image is from a great freak convention  ^-^. I am doing new walks around of my new figures  ^-^.

sauroid

very nice new ones Jetoar. ;)

Jetoar

Jetoar

Wonderful new acquisitiosn friends. These are my last acquisitions ^-^.

Finally I have the WWD Liopleurodon in my hands. I have been looking since 10 years. I cry of happiness  ^-^.

sauroid

mermaidgrey

OH MY GOODNESS The WWD Liopleurodon! I am green with envy :) Where did you find it? I love walking with dinosaurs. Me and my sister watched the entire series together multiple times and even have it on DVD! The Liopleurodon was one of our very favourites. (The beginning of the episode where it leaps out of the water to grab the land dino!) I even remember drawing a big A3 picture in primary school for our class assembly :D
I am ridiculously excited for you. Thank you for sharing!

Jetoar

Quote from: sauroid on April 14, 2014, 01:59:37 PM
so cool Jetoar. ;)

Thanks friend  ^-^.

Quote from: mermaidgrey on April 14, 2014, 04:02:20 PM
OH MY GOODNESS The WWD Liopleurodon! I am green with envy :) Where did you find it? I love walking with dinosaurs. Me and my sister watched the entire series together multiple times and even have it on DVD! The Liopleurodon was one of our very favourites. (The beginning of the episode where it leaps out of the water to grab the land dino!) I even remember drawing a big A3 picture in primary school for our class assembly :D

Thanks friend. I understand you, I have found it in Ebay one month ago and it is one of holly grial of my collection from my point of view  ^-^.

mermaidgrey

Quote from: Jetoar on April 14, 2014, 04:47:36 PM
Quote from: sauroid on April 14, 2014, 01:59:37 PM
so cool Jetoar. ;)

Thanks friend  ^-^.

Quote from: mermaidgrey on April 14, 2014, 04:02:20 PM

Thanks friend. I understand you, I have found it in Ebay one month ago and it is one of holly grial of my collection from my point of view  ^-^.

That's brilliant :) I'm glad you managed to find one after looking for so long! Interestingly, just after I had written the reply and was feeling excited about walking with dinosaurs, my family brought in a heap of old books from the garage (they are going to be doing a car boot sale) and I found a huge walking with dinosaurs book! I have rescued it from being sold :)

Jetoar

Really cool  ^-^. This saga is a great treasure  ^-^.

OkapiBoy

CollectA's! Finally got some of their new animals! All beautiful models for sure. ^-^

[

sauroid

they are beautiful, Okapiboy.