News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueKrono

That pygmy sperm whale is so cool. I've always had good experiences with Happy Hen.
I like turtles.

Ultrazilla2054

Some cheap little whales I got from target

unnamed (30).jpg
unnamed (31).jpg
unnamed (32).jpg
unnamed (33).jpg
unnamed (34).jpg
unnamed (35).jpg
unnamed (37).jpg
unnamed (36).jpg
unnamed (38).jpg
unnamed (39).jpg

Ultrazilla2054

Sim

Thanks to the lovely @brettnj who got the figures for me, I received several figures that the sellers wouldn't ship to the UK:

1. The new version of the Science & Nature Australian magpie.  It's wonderful and an improvement over the previous version, although I'm keeping both versions. :)

2. The Safari Incredible creatures emerald tree boa.  It's huge!  It's way bigger than my Safari boa constrictor and anaconda from the same line!  I'm happy to have a nice figure of the emerald tree boa now. :)

3. The Safari African grey parrot.  I'm so happy to have a figure of this amazing bird now!  It's perfect!

I also received the Safari mallard from elsewhere, but it was painted sloppily on the beak so I haven't kept it.

Isidro

Very long time since I last participated here, as my passion for animal figurine collecting vanished, but there are my two most recent (tough not so recent) acquisitions: the mythic and so wanted Treehouse Kids elk, that I got in eBay thanks to an advice in this forum, and the old retired Schleich humpback whale, that I've found at a flea market in my city. I never was very convinced by Schleich's humpback because the muzzle is too short, but seeing this decent and good sized figure (compared with my other whales, tough all of them should be newborn calves compared with most of my other animal figurines) for only 7 € is an opportunity that I finally didn't let pass.

canadensis2.jpgcanadensis.jpg

Megaptera2.jpgMegaptera.jpg

Sim

I've acquired the following!:

1. Kaiyodo little owl.  It's a nice figure of this owl.

2. Kaiyodo Ural owl.  This one unfortunately isn't great in my opinion.  My search for a nice Ural owl not attached to a base continues.

3. Kitan club Japanese giant salamander swimming version.  I was struck by how good this figure is!

4. Kitan club Japanese giant salamander resting version.  This is a great figure too.

5. Eikoh whooper swan.  It's a nice figure to have.

6. Eikoh Japanese pheasant.  It's small but extremely impressive!  I'm happy to have a pheasant figure now!

7. Eikoh frilled lizard.  It's impressive.

8. Eikoh emu.  I've been wanting an emu figure, but all the ones I found were on bases.  Except the Eikoh.  So I bought it hoping it would satisfy me.  And it does!  It's very good and it's a very nice size, it's huge compared to other Eikoh figures.  I'm very happy to finally have an emu figure now! ^-^

9. Eikoh crested ibis.  I wasn't sure how I'd feel about this one, but in person I like it.  It makes me want to get Papo's upcoming scarlet ibis.

10. Eikoh duck.  It impressed me, it's better than it looks in photos.

11. Eikoh Japanese giant salamander.  This one I'm not keeping as it lacks pupils.  Plus, Kitan club's aforementioned two JGS figures each satisfy me, so I don't need Eikoh's.

12. Eikoh king cobra.  I like this one a lot.

13. Colorata deep sea fish set.  These figures are seriously good!

14. Colorata zoogeography oriental set.  It's too mammal-heavy for me, I'll be putting it for sale.

sbell

Quote from: Sim on May 14, 2024, 12:35:38 AMI've acquired the following!:

14. Colorata zoogeography oriental set.  It's too mammal-heavy for me, I'll be putting it for sale.

@Sim Will you be selling individual figures or the whole set? There's several I'd like to get.

Sim

Quote from: sbell on May 14, 2024, 01:05:21 AM@Sim Will you be selling individual figures or the whole set? There's several I'd like to get.

I'm selling the whole set for £10.

sbell

Quote from: Sim on May 16, 2024, 09:26:32 PM
Quote from: sbell on May 14, 2024, 01:05:21 AM@Sim Will you be selling individual figures or the whole set? There's several I'd like to get.

I'm selling the whole set for £10.

For the Colorata Asia set!? I'll take it! Understanding with postage to Canada but worth it

Sim

I've acquired two figures by Papo, one big and one small...

The big: Papo humpback whale.  It's huge!  The articulated jaw on mine doesn't work well, it can't keep the mouth shut or open very wide, but I don't mind that.  I love this figure!

The small: Papo Canada goose.  I'm pleased to have a figure of this bird that I've befriended at a large pond I visit.

Saarlooswolfhound

Oooh I am curious about the humpback articulation. Would it be possible for you show a picture of the articulation joint and the inside of the mouth? I know you said it doesn't open too wide...

EpicRaptorMan

I have the papo humpback whale. It is really big and very detailed. But the pectoral fin is broken off (still have it and can easily be glued as it is a clean break) so if anyone wants it I'll sell it to them for dirt cheap.

Sim

Quote from: Saarlooswolfhound on May 17, 2024, 06:47:32 PMOooh I am curious about the humpback articulation. Would it be possible for you show a picture of the articulation joint and the inside of the mouth? I know you said it doesn't open too wide...
The second photo of it on the Toy Animal Wiki shows the joint and inside the mouth, there's not much more to see: https://toyanimalwiki.mywikis.wiki/wiki/Papo_56001_Humpback_Whale

Sim

I've acquired the Toymany reptiles set.  I would have preferred it if the figures were all of reptiles, nut I'm happy to have a black caiman figure now!