Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NSD Bashe

I have a possible guess but I'll wait for the reveal

JimoAi

update: I won the auction. it's my priciest figure to date

Isidro

Then it's also your largest model and it's from a famous Japanese brand... KMSABW  :D

JimoAi

Quote from: Isidro on July 18, 2024, 08:09:22 PMThen it's also your largest model and it's from a famous Japanese brand... KMSABW  :D

idk what you're talking about 😉

Saarlooswolfhound

Isidro

Quote from: JimoAi on July 18, 2024, 10:59:09 PM
Quote from: Isidro on July 18, 2024, 08:09:22 PMThen it's also your largest model and it's from a famous Japanese brand... KMSABW  :D

idk what you're talking about 😉

It's not the Kayiodo Mega Sofubi Advanced blue whale? I tought you talked about buying it some weeks ago, but that you can't find the model for sale anywhere.

bmathison1972

@brettnj just mentioned in his email list that someone won the Mega Sofubi blue whale for a good price! Can't help to think that was you @JimoAi ;-)

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 19, 2024, 02:30:14 PM@brettnj just mentioned in his email list that someone won the Mega Sofubi blue whale for a good price! Can't help to think that was you @JimoAi ;-)

maybe maybe not

JimoAi

fine I'll reveal: the model I'm hinting is the w dragon Megalodon and maybe smth a lil extra

JimoAi

my upcoming arrivals:

Kaiyodo Japanese lates

Kaiyodo porcupinefish

Ikimon Napoleon wrasse

a Chinese branded finless porpoise. Not sure of the brand but it helps with conservation efforts of the species

Haolonggood megaraptor, edmontosaurus and nasutoceratops

Favorite co vinyl diplodocus

*mystery figure

MudpupWaterdog

Since coming back from Southeast Asia I've decided to expand my collection into mammals. I decided that I want to have a small subset of my collection to be a display of Southeast Asian fauna, so here's my first round of additions:

Going for a specifically Vietnamese collection but I understand that both animal ranges and national borders shift over time so I'm not being a stickler. But I did manage to find a holy-grail species that's also culturally one of the most important species to Vietnam: Rafetus swinhoei

My girlfriend commissioned it from DeClay Studio, a Vietnam-based 3D printing outfit that usually does dinosaurs but takes commissions. Here it is, in primed but unpainted form:

I'll make a customs thread to show y'all once I've painted it.

EpicRaptorMan

@MudpupWaterdog your post has persuaded me more to get the moon bear. I've been holding off for so long.

MudpupWaterdog

@EpicRaptorMan Having been around the real bears I'm impressed with the figure, plus I believe it's retired as of this year so now's the time to grab one.

EpicRaptorMan

@MudpupWaterdog I'm just more of a scale conscious collector plus the figure itself seems to have a rather long gait.

JimoAi

Got this finless porpoise that's too mysterious not to show. ps: not revealing the mystery figure yet

Isidro

that's the CBIOV one, right?

EpicRaptorMan

ugh I've been looking for the male CBIOV Finless porpoise for some time now.

JimoAi

I'm not sure if it's a recast or just a repaint but all i know it's sold under the Nanjing finless porpoise conservattion

sbell

Small Japanese mail call!

Series two of the toy spirits eels, and the Bandai lancetfish!

With a modified 3d printed stand for the eels. Easiest way to display them

bmathison1972

Great way to display the eels. I have a couple of mine in the little pots, but not the pipes. Those that came with pipes are just displayed as-is.