News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimoAi

my most recent haul across different orders

Kaiyodo Enoshima aquarium Asian arowana,Aquameridian Napoleon wrasse, Kaiyodo chocolates Giant Spider crab, eikoh seahorse, yujin red seabream, Takara Tomy Ania Spotted seal, Aquameridian Juvenile Queensland grouper with young giant trevally, eikoh Japanese bullhead shark, Nature Techni colour animals of Japan Giant salamander, Takara Tomy Ania Grey Kangaroo, Kaiyodo dinotales Pachydiscus, kaiyodo aquatales Paper nautilus, Kaiyodo Aquarium Whitetip reef shark, Kaiyodo Sapporo beer King crab and Bandai Animal Kaiser King cobra

CollectA Edmontosaurus and Deinocheirus, which will be my last Dino's for awhile along the Safari patagotitan which is to be used as dreadnoughthous, Papo Polar bear, a customer Safari LTD pelagic thresher and the Safari LTD Major shark, which I feel is better than collectA in most aspects except for the very faint lateral keel

EpicRaptorMan

Really like the Takara Bushbaby but I'm so fed up with animal figures being multi-piece so I won't be getting one.

Isidro

Quote from: JimoAi on March 17, 2023, 07:07:35 AMmy most recent haul across different orders

Aquameridian humphead wrasse!!! I wish one like mad!!! Where did you bought yours?
Eikoh bullhead shark it's also in my wishlist.

I have the same polar bear (I think that this one and the standing one also from Papo are the best polar bears available). Unbeatable except for the unpainted (white) soles, but I've painted mine. I also have the thresher shark and the mako shark (you wrote major instead mako). THe detail is superb especially the teeth for such a small size. I also favour this one over the CollectA, but the very dynamic pose of the CollectA one is a point, too.

JimoAi

Quote from: Isidro on March 18, 2023, 07:02:26 AM
Quote from: JimoAi on March 17, 2023, 07:07:35 AMmy most recent haul across different orders

Aquameridian humphead wrasse!!! I wish one like mad!!! Where did you bought yours?
Eikoh bullhead shark it's also in my wishlist.

I have the same polar bear (I think that this one and the standing one also from Papo are the best polar bears available). Unbeatable except for the unpainted (white) soles, but I've painted mine. I also have the thresher shark and the mako shark (you wrote major instead mako). THe detail is superb especially the teeth for such a small size. I also favour this one over the CollectA, but the very dynamic pose of the CollectA one is a point, too.
I got the Napoleon Wrasse of mercari in a lot with a cheap tiger and whale shark for ¥1100

the collectA has the more accurate lateral keel but the Safari has more accurate gills and tail size

NSD Bashe

Speaking of goblin sharks...

2023newfigures.jpg

the new 2023 figures I've got so far:
Schleich caracals
Collecta goblin shark
Bullyland blue sea angel
That's most of my 2023 list aside from the Yowie frog fish baby and the yet-to-be-released Papo nautilus.  And possibly whatever else might come from Safari later

SerAndrew

Presenting some recent acquisitions from the far east.

Some of them fits some taxonomic gaps in my collection, and others are simply most wanted figures.

1. Fishes:

- Kaiyodo (juvenile) emperor bream
- Yujin paradise fish
- Yujin sillago
- Kaiyodo scorpaeniforme
- Yujin yellowfin tuna
- Kaiyodo cardinal
- Yujin catfish eels
- Kaiyodo (juvenile) ostracion
- Unknown tetra. This is so delicate and beautiful

2. Reptiles

- Kaiyodo colubridae
- Kaiyodo (juvenile) loggerhead turtle
- Kitan pit viper

3. Birds:

- Kitan short-tailed albatross
- Kaiyodo great auk
- Kitan bonin white eye

4. Mammals:

- Kaiyodo horseshoe bat
- Yujin henkelotherium
- Kaiyodo japanese marteen

5. Others:

- Kaiyodo prawn
- Kitan giant salamander

6. Extra figures (meaning they came in sets with the actual wished figures) - For sale/trade

- Kaiyodo bass
- Kitan minke whale
- Kitan brown bear (this one is gorgeous)
- Kaiyido ? bat

JimoAi

bmathison1972

very nice SerAndrew; I have most species (even if different sculpts/brands)

SerAndrew

Thanks @bmathison1972 @JimoAi

I also have 4 TNGs mammals (one still on its way), but I think they are quite well now at this point.

bmathison1972

Quote from: SerAndrew on March 23, 2023, 01:22:16 PMThanks @bmathison1972 @JimoAi

I also have 4 TNGs mammals (one still on its way), but I think they are quite well now at this point.

My TNG Elasmotherium should be delivered today or tomorrow; still waiting for the Stegodon to ship!

JimoAi

ok the eel catfish are on my wishlist now!

SerAndrew

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 23, 2023, 02:02:52 PM
Quote from: SerAndrew on March 23, 2023, 01:22:16 PMThanks @bmathison1972 @JimoAi

My TNG Elasmotherium should be delivered today or tomorrow; still waiting for the Stegodon to ship!

I have elasmo, megacerops and mammoth with me. Stegodon was shipped on Monday, but I ordered it mid Jan, so probably was in the first positions of the waiting list!

bmathison1972

Quote from: SerAndrew on March 23, 2023, 03:17:47 PM

I have elasmo, megacerops and mammoth with me. Stegodon was shipped on Monday, but I ordered it mid Jan, so probably was in the first positions of the waiting list!

I ordered mine in January too, but on eBay it still says 'waiting' to ship. I emailed them. Same with another thing from that seller. It is misleading to state they have some 'available' when they don't have the items. Once these three things arrive, I am never ordering from that seller again.

SerAndrew

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 23, 2023, 03:22:29 PM
Quote from: SerAndrew on March 23, 2023, 03:17:47 PM

I ordered mine in January too, but on eBay it still says 'waiting' to ship. I emailed them. Same with another thing from that seller. It is misleading to state they have some 'available' when they don't have the items. Once these three things arrive, I am never ordering from that seller again.

Your eBay seller (la-na-time-shop) is the same on Aliexpress (Jurassic Toy Store) and they are the ones producing TNG figures.
What happened is that they received an avalanche of orders for those figures (you can guess why, given all the attention they got in DTF) and they run out of stock while it still said that they had stock (most likely because stock on eBay and Aliexpress are not synchronized).
So they had to produce another batch of all the figures I've ordered.
Three of them were shipped as soon as they were ready like 10 days ago, and the last one was shipped on Monday.

They've always communicated with me properly, but I think for others they just let them wait and wait with no news, which is not good. But I know you were aware of the production issues, so you should be fine.

Anyway, if you want to order TNG in the future, you will have to buy through them!

Fembrogon

A big haul just arrive (super fast!!) from Happy Hen Toys - a couple of prehistoric beasts are featured, but primarily this was an extant species haul:

(yes, that is a lot of platypuses; I was in a monotreme mood)
I believe this haul marks my first extant animal figurines outside of Safari Ltd* - Collecta, PNSO, Schleich, and Mojo (just a platy) are all represented here now.

*well, not quite true: I have the Schleich harpy eagle from before and the Bandai Geckos. This haul is a major bump for other brands in general.

bmathison1972

Lots of great choices there @Fembrogon - I have many of them.

I have contemplated replacing my Southlands platypus with something slightly 'larger' but I don't know. SR figures are hard to part with!

Fembrogon

I don't blame you; the SR figure looks positively adorable from the main blog review!
Based on first impressions, my favorite of the four I bought is the Mojo, which happens to similarly be the smallest of the bunch.

bmathison1972

A couple Papo 2023, the Andean condor and Blonde d'Aquitain cow

People have been raving about Papo's recent birds (and rightfully so), but they've been hitting it out of the park with cattle, too!

Fembrogon

That cow looks extremely good indeed. I'm much more preferential to birds than mammals, though, so that gorgeous Andean condor still commands my attention (been admiring my own recent copy).

callmejoe3

My Papo right whale just arrived. It's great, though quite a bit smaller in person than what I imagined. My expectations was something about the size of the old Schleich figure or smaller than the Safari Bowhead. This is closer in size to the MBA calves.