News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimoAi

Here's my latest haul. It's certainly not my biggest but it's my priciest at almost $200 USD
Larger figures include the old Safari ltd Hammerhead, Monterey bay great white, safari Anhanguera, schleich 2018 orca and pnso lambeosaurus
IMG_20210307_111556.jpg
Next up is some figures too big for my main collection which are the marmit fish and the epoch crustaceans. May build little Aquariums out of them IMG_20210307_111818.jpg

Lastly, I have some kaiyodo sea life, including the Kaiyodo dragon moray, which is the most expensive item, twice as much as the lambeosaurus IMG_20210307_111938.jpg

Isidro

They're nice. I would not mind to have the Dorado (Salminus brasiliensis) in my collection.

JimoAi

Quote from: Isidro on March 07, 2021, 07:03:50 AM
They're nice. I would not mind to have the Dorado (Salminus brasiliensis) in my collection.
That one is 6cm long and fetch a pretty modest price compared to some of the others

Isidro

6 cm is perfect in size for me! Thanks :)

JimoAi

Quote from: Isidro on March 07, 2021, 11:00:36 AM
6 cm is perfect in size for me! Thanks :)
.where do you buy your figures usually?

bmathison1972

I've never seen the green bases; are those knockoffs of Kaiyodo and others?

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 07, 2021, 02:11:47 PM
I've never seen the green bases; are those knockoffs of Kaiyodo and others?
They are made by a differently company, Marmit and no, Kaiyodo did not make these figures

bmathison1972

Isidro

Quote from: JimoAi on March 07, 2021, 11:26:28 AM
.where do you buy your figures usually?

I would say every time in a different place/way! First was at the gift shop of an aquarium, second batch at commercial center, third batch at stationery, 4 to 9 batches in same and other stationeries and same commercial center, 10 was my first online buying at spielzeug.guenstig.de, 11 to 15 in stationeries/toy shops, 16 was my second online buying at same website, 17 and 18 in stationeries, 19 was my first Japanese arrival and obtained from Brett, 20 in eBay, 21 again thanks to Brett, 22 in eBay, 23 in modelpferdevesand, 24 at MiniZoo, 25 using TaoBao, 26 by eBay, 27 at a veterinary and pet supply shop, 28 by eBay, 29 was my first trade with another collector (Widukind), 30 another trade, 31 in stationery, 32 at commercial center, 33 in an art supply shop, 34 at a toy shop, 35 in a trade with Kikimalou, 36 was my first discovery of a toy shop with CollectA in my city, 37 was my first homemade model and 38-43 subsequent homemades, 44 back to the CollectA shop, 45 and 46 homemade, 47 stationery, 48 homemade, 49 CollectA toy shop, 50 and 51 homemade, 52 eBay, 53 trade with Rogério, 54 homemade, 55 gift from my sister bought at alcaceira.com, 56 and 57 homemade, 58 bought at MiniZoo, 59 the CollectA toy shop, 60 Japanese batch from Brett, 61 spielzeug.guenstig.de, 62 the CollectA toy shop and 63 to 82 (the last one) homemades :D

sbell

The Marmit are a great series, and kind of under the radar. Funny thing is that the arowana comes in 3 different colours (mine is a nearly all white version)

JimoAi

A mini haul, I got the Collecta Manta ray, leopard seal and the great white shark, which I am in the process of customizing IMG_20210310_232057.jpg

Loon

Great haul, Jimoai! I love that leopard seal, it's really fantastic. It's funny, whenever I see that CollectA Great White, I always think of this guy from Toy Story.

JimoAi

Quote from: Loon on March 10, 2021, 06:22:11 PM
Great haul, Jimoai! I love that leopard seal, it's really fantastic. It's funny, whenever I see that CollectA Great White, I always think of this guy from Toy Story.

It's a shame because wits the best size IMO of the great whites available

JimoAi

Quote from: Loon on March 10, 2021, 06:22:11 PM

@Loon http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=2807.msg28343;topicseen#new

I had one of those cheap sharks as a kid and Low-key missed it

JimoAi

IMG_20210313_142827.jpg  stuff I got today and yesterday
The Papo rattlesnake
Papo alligator- this figure and the colorata saltwater croc are my favorite crocodilian figures I own. It set the bar so high and I wonder how big is it with Mojos 2019 crocodile.
Carnegie collection Giganotosaurus- it has became one of my favourite carnegie collection figures due to how good it still is in terms of accuracy while others like the tylosaurus and Spinosaurus has taken a hit. I have chosen this giga as it scales the best with winter Wilson compared to the  wild safari, eofauna and vitae. Not the best pose, but still better than Papo's atrocity

bmathison1972

I recently got six of the Takara Saltwater Fish re-releases. I've had these for a couple days but was waiting for the Blog review by @JimoAi since it features five of them! I think now I have all the species in Takara, Yujin, and Colorata marine collections, in one form or another.
splendid alphonsino (Beryx splendens)
marbled flounder (Pseudopleuronectes yokohamae)
greater amberjack (Seriola dumerili)
Japanese amberjack (Seriola quinqueradiata)
largehead hairtail (Trichiurus lepturus)
Alaskan pollock (Gadus chalcogrammus)

While I was at it, my dealer had a couple more interesting and unique species, the helmet jellyfish (Periphylla periphylla) by Kaiyodo and the common rain frog (Breviceps adspersus) by Toys Spirits:

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 14, 2021, 01:10:51 PM
I recently got six of the Takara Saltwater Fish re-releases. I've had these for a couple days but was waiting for the Blog review by @JimoAi since it features five of them! I think now I have all the species in Takara, Yujin, and Colorata marine collections, in one form or another.

While I was at it, my dealer had a couple more interesting and unique species, the helmet jellyfish (Periphylla periphylla) by Kaiyodo and the common rain frog (Breviceps adspersus) by Toys Spirits:

Your Largehead hairtail has the correct scientific name?!

bmathison1972

Quote from: JimoAi on March 14, 2021, 01:13:15 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 14, 2021, 01:10:51 PM

Your Largehead hairtail has the correct scientific name?!

Yes, but the Alaskan pollock uses an older name :)

JimoAi

My latest haul. F to my Gulper eel IMG_20210319_232725.jpg

BlueKrono

I like turtles.