News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimoAi

My latest haul is finally here. After over  10 years, I have almost the whole set minus the secrets
IMG_20210407_161014_50.jpg

Isidro

VERY good ones! I guess that the coral hind is the one most acceptable for my collecting tastes :)

bmathison1972

Congratulations JimoAi! I was lucky to find the complete set on eBay a couple years ago.

JimoAi

Quote from: Isidro on April 08, 2021, 12:42:57 PM
VERY good ones! I guess that the coral hind is the one most acceptable for my collecting tastes :)
It's about 7cm

JimoAi

My latest haul: includes Chika Takami figure from love live sunshine, a Kaiyodo Fangtooth and the last 2 Yujin Saltwater fish to complete the standard set IMG_20210415_165009.jpg  IMG_20210415_165514.jpg

Vaquita

Just got the Safari Ltd Dolphins TOOB in the mail today! ^-^ Really lovely little set of figures.

bmathison1972

Well, I was planning on going the month of April without buying any figures, but then @Loon had to put up some cool, rare Bullyland animals (thanks, Loon :) ). I am referring primarily to the Arizonasaurus and Paratypothorax. While I was at it, grabbed his PNSO Confuciusornis as well!

JimoAi

A tease on one of my new figures IMG_20210428_083453.jpg

bmathison1972

JimoAi

Isidro

Lates calcarifer. Very ideal sized for my collection, probably I would have one already if the species would be a bit more exciting for me :)

sbell

Quote from: Isidro on April 28, 2021, 09:51:12 PM
Lates calcarifer. Very ideal sized for my collection, probably I would have one already if the species would be a bit more exciting for me :)

It's definitely one that is available in pretty much every Japanese set eventually (except Colorata, oddly enough)

JimoAi

Haven't gotten too into figure collecting too much. Been patching up with my GF and higher education starting but this is the stuff I have gotten recently (minus the south park game)
Yujin spotted/Giant moray with cleaner wrasse, barramundi, rainbow trout, string fish, white spotted char and cherry salmon
Mojo fun ocellated eagle ray. Don't worry @bmathison1972 I have taken photos b4 modifying
Safari ltd sunfish
Kaiyodo Clark's anemone fish IMG_20210430_181429_50.jpg

Isidro

After almost two years of deliberation about which model of Great White Shark should I get in my collection, yesterday I bought at a local commercial center the latest Schleich one. In my opinion, it's absolutely perfect. Here you can admire it's perfect proportions, the indented rear border of dorsal fin as in a worn individual, the lateral keels of the tail peduncle, the very well made facial expression...

tiburon1.jpg
tiburon2.jpg

And the thing that make me love this model soooo much: the Lorenzini ampullae sculpted! I think that it's the only shark figurine by western brands that shows that character. Admire also the nostril shape, and the very well done double row of lower mandible teeth (much better than the very blunt/too big teeth of the otherwise perfect Safari model). Upper mandible have no teeth, except some very shallow unpainted marks, but this is no problem for me.
tiburon3.jpg

Enjoying a fine flesh of fresh mackerel.
tiburon4.jpg

Great White Sharks are the top predators of the ocean. Nobody can challenge them. Or this is what this individual believed... until a bad encounter happened!
tiburon5.jpg

Here all my chondrictians:
tiburon6.jpg

Koifish

Just received the Schleich Okapi and Collecta Capybara in the mail today. I already had this Okapi, but what I had gotten thru Amazon looked as though the paint application was lacking compared to what I had seen in reviews. I am in the middle of moving, and that Okapi is packed away, but I will compare the two when I can.

Also, I've been really into Capybaras lately (Youtube keeps putting them in my feed), and I thought this Collecta version looked fantastic, despite it being fairly small.

I also decided to pick up the Mojo King Cobra from Hobby Lobby, as I almost did last week, as well as this Safari Ltd Raccoon I found at Michael's. At first I was put off by the size of the figure, but I do love the sculpt, and I have not found many nice-looking raccoons out there.
Bluestem Zoo | Collector of mainly late Pleistocene-Holocene animal figures | Come visit my zoo! | THIS HOBBY NEEDS MORE RECENTLY-EXTINCT SPECIES!!

JimoAi

Quote from: Isidro on May 01, 2021, 08:01:40 AM
After almost two years of deliberation about which model of Great White Shark should I get in my collection, yesterday I bought at a local commercial center the latest Schleich one. In my opinion, it's absolutely perfect. Here you can admire it's perfect proportions, the indented rear border of dorsal fin as in a worn individual, the lateral keels of the tail peduncle, the very well made facial expression...

tiburon1.jpg
tiburon2.jpg

And the thing that make me love this model soooo much: the Lorenzini ampullae sculpted! I think that it's the only shark figurine by western brands that shows that character. Admire also the nostril shape, and the very well done double row of lower mandible teeth (much better than the very blunt/too big teeth of the otherwise perfect Safari model). Upper mandible have no teeth, except some very shallow unpainted marks, but this is no problem for me.
tiburon3.jpg

Enjoying a fine flesh of fresh mackerel.
tiburon4.jpg

Great White Sharks are the top predators of the ocean. Nobody can challenge them. Or this is what this individual believed... until a bad encounter happened!
tiburon5.jpg

Here all my chondrictians:
tiburon6.jpg
Wonderful selection of fish!

bmathison1972

Some buggies for Blaine!

First the three Bandai caterpillars, following in the recent tradition of being large and articulated. All three of a retractible osmeterium (I only exposed it in one of the three in this pic). Three species: Papilio xuthus (Asian swallowtail), P. protenor (spangle; all my spangle figures are larvae), and P. memnon (great Mormon; it's about time a got a great Mormon, considering Brigham Young is buried about 100 feet outside my bedroom window - no joke!  C:-)).

Next, the focus of my next Blog review, the Kaiyodo Revogeo Lethocerus deyrollei (and its prey, the nymph of the lesser emperor, Anax parthenope julius)
@Gwangi - getting closer; @Halichoeres - you wanted to know the name of its prey :)

Lastly a couple random figures I bought from my dealer that represent new species, the Malagasy rainbow frog by Yujin and the daggertooth pike conger by Kaiyodo; the seller through in the Kaiyodo blue-and-white flycatcher for free (which, luckily, was also new for me)!!!

Gwangi

Splendid additions @bmathison1972, especially that Lethocerus! I continue to be blown away by the invertebrate models coming out of Japan.

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on May 08, 2021, 11:19:24 PM
Some buggies for Blaine!

First the three Bandai caterpillars, following in the recent tradition of being large and articulated. All three of a retractible osmeterium (I only exposed it in one of the three in this pic). Three species: Papilio xuthus (Asian swallowtail), P. protenor (spangle; all my spangle figures are larvae), and P. memnon (great Mormon; it's about time a got a great Mormon, considering Brigham Young is buried about 100 feet outside my bedroom window - no joke!  C:-)).

Next, the focus of my next Blog review, the Kaiyodo Revogeo Lethocerus deyrollei (and its prey, the nymph of the lesser emperor, Anax parthenope julius)
@Gwangi - getting closer; @Halichoeres - you wanted to know the name of its prey :)

Lastly a couple random figures I bought from my dealer that represent new species, the Malagasy rainbow frog by Yujin and the daggertooth pike conger by Kaiyodo; the seller through in the Kaiyodo blue-and-white flycatcher for free (which, luckily, was also new for me)!!!

nice conger though not a fan that it's only the front half of the animal. The Kyoto Aquarium set seems quite ex but the have the only figure of a tilefish

Isidro

Wow, I never imagined that my most favourite species of anuran ever, being an obscure species from a remote country, would be made into figurine!