Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

Thanks Andre! CollectA figures are so nice! :)

Today I received some recent Kaiyodo Kritters:

First, Triathrus, Opabinia, and Pterygotus from their recent Encyclopedia of the Paleozoic. These are re-releases and repaints of Dinotales Figures. They have fancy bases but only the Pterygotus (among the three I have) actually attaches to the base.

Secondly, the giant spider crab, Macrocheira kaempferi, from their recent Sendai Aquarium set. The peg was broken off in my base so I may have to display it without the base. The bases in this set are not the bottlecap style with the name of the animal, but rather a generic translucent blue rock. Nice quality figure though although not new; I have seven other figures of this species, including two others by Kaiyodo!

brontodocus

Yay, congrats again! :) Ah, I was already suspecting those were rereleases of the Dinotales (I wonder if other Dinotales may come back as well?).

sbell

Quote from: brontodocus on September 19, 2015, 04:53:30 PM
Yay, congrats again! :) Ah, I was already suspecting those were rereleases of the Dinotales (I wonder if other Dinotales may come back as well?).

There are apparently some variations, probably simple improvements in paint, sculpt and design. I think there were some comparisons done on the DTF.

But overall, they looked pretty similar. I myself just have a Eusthenopteron coming eventually.

stargatedalek

Two, unusual additions tonight. Just picked these adorable little things up at Walmart while searching for one of those plastic vulture skeleton halloween ornaments to customize. I figured I'd check the JW section to see if anything was on mark down, and I had to get these little things.

Unlike Mikoto Tokiwadai Railgun and Dino Tales Meiolania they won't be permanent residents of my desk, but for now I can't help play with them a bit as I type. Although perhaps Mikoto is appropriate since to me they give off a very chibi/J-Pop vibe.

The action feature is forgettable but not entirely underwhelming. Both are adorable, the Dilophosaurus is just so derpy and then the Mosasaurus looks like a Disney villain.

stargatedalek

Forgot to post these from a few weeks ago.

JP Junior Tyrannosaurus, got lucky at Value Village.

All of these are from the 50 mile yard-sale Nova Scotia has annually. I've had better years but all in all a fair bit of deals.

Safari ltd Blue Shark, I assume it must be from a toob but none come to mind.

JP/// raptor from motorcycle set http://www.jptoys.com/toy-database/jurassic-park-3/vehicles/raptor-motorcycle/index.htm . I didn't notice anything else from the set there.

This generic Pteranodon was thrown in alongside the Hexbug.

Hexbug scarab, I already have one (in this colour no less), but for the price I wasn't about to be choosy.

Ironically I also found a Legend of Nara Rhinoceros Beetle. These are essentially Hexbug Nanos with a soft plastic removable shell that looks, at least relatively close to a real insect(/spider). Copies for sure, but personally I prefer them over the legitimate Hexbug Nanos.

Scientific Toys Plateosaurus and Brachiosaurus.

Not something I was looking for, but Exo-Terra dishes are normally very expensive so I was very pleased to get them. I have far more of these now than I can ever use, so some will probably end up in dioramas.

Just the other day at TRU I got a Hero Masher Indominus on markdown, it's an unexpected pleasure! While the entire premise is super gimmicky, all the gimmicks are actually done really well (and no screw holes :P ). The invisible ink patterns are definitely neat, it balances really well, and its very poseable (and I imagine interchangeable if you own more than one :P).

And a very special package arrived today.
Play Visions Shonisaurus and Nothosaurus.

The Safari toob Nothosaurus makes for a lovely pair.

Last but the opposite of least, one of my holy grail figures, the Safari Smithsonian Lubber Grasshopper! A second one should be arriving soon, and this mint with tag one will take center stage of my new shelf!

~ 海巳慧琉

stargatedalek

After a package came to my door today I didn't think to check the box, so my dad had a surprise when he came home!

sphyrna18

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 28, 2015, 07:54:32 PM
Safari ltd Blue Shark, I assume it must be from a toob but none come to mind.

Very awesome acquisitions, all!! But especially those Lubber Grasshoppers! Those are some really great sculpts.  The Blue Shark is from the Safari Sharks TOOB, in case you wondered.

bmathison1972

the Safari lubbers are hands-down one of the best insect sculpts ever (sculpts, not molds!). And coming from someone who has 2000+ insect figures, that says a lot! LOL

stargatedalek

Thanks guys, nice to know where the shark is from, its pretty nice for the size.

brontodocus

Congrats, stargatedalek! :) Wow, you even acquired two of them?

stargatedalek

I hadn't originally planned to get two, but when I had the opportunity I figured it would be nice to have one to display with tag and without.

Jetoar

Today it arrived one of my treasures at home  ^-^.

Favorite figures are really good. "Pepito" has arrive to Spain  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Plasticbeast95

I recently got the Mojo Deinotherium, and while I like it and all, if you look at the face from a certain angle, you can't help but see a big dopey-looking smile.

brontodocus

Congrats, Jetoar and Plasticbeast95! :)
Quote from: stargatedalek on October 01, 2015, 01:09:45 PM
I hadn't originally planned to get two, but when I had the opportunity I figured it would be nice to have one to display with tag and without.
Yes, of course! :) It's also probably one of those occasions where you've searched for a certain figure for a long time and then suddenly you get the opportunity to acquire more than one within days or weeks. It happened to me when (before the rerelease) the Bullyland Deinotherium was considered extremely rare. Soon after I got my first I had the opportunity to get two more and then I had three. ;D
Quote from: Plasticbeast95 on October 03, 2015, 02:27:51 AM
I recently got the Mojo Deinotherium, and while I like it and all, if you look at the face from a certain angle, you can't help but see a big dopey-looking smile.
Yes, that's true... although there are other angles from which it may look rather sad and tired! ;D

Oh, and on Friday a parcel sent by stargatedalek arrived! :)

Thanks so much, it's only my second large PV figure. 8)

sauroid

very nice looking marine iggy Dr. Andre

recent additions (MojoFun, Re-Ment, Colorata, S.H., Schleich etc.)

Jetoar

Today they have arived my last acquisitions  ^-^.

stargatedalek

Package from a few days ago!

Primeval "raptor", very pleased with it. It may not be scientifically accurate but it more than makes up for it with articulation and beautiful aesthetics.

Kaiyodo regular and albino baby red0eared sliders. Absolutely adorable, they make a lovely set with their Yujin counterpart.

Kaiyodo Yellow margined box turtle, this one could be my favorite out of the turtles, I love the detailing of the shell (it even has the hinge on the plastron!).

Kaiyodo reeve's turtle, and not a very good picture of it.

Kaiyodo Diplocaulus is one from my long time list, and I adore it.

Kaiyodo Bothriolepis, it's so cute a must have.

Got lucky with these at Value Village the other day.

Schleich Great White Shark, it's a lot better than I would have expected. Upon getting it home I realized the only other white shark I had in this size range was the Wild Safari version, I have to say I prefer the Schleich.

Schleich retro Allosaurus and Dilophosaurus, both have a sort of charm to them but I wouldn't have paid much frankly.

Safari Monterey Bay giant squid, it's a lot larger than I'd expected! I wish I'd thought to get a comparison to the Wild Safari, it absolutely dwarfs it!

bmathison1972

some recent ones for me (well, since I last posted pics):

First the complete caterpillar set by Beam. Still not sure about this set, not sure if manufactured by Beam or marketed by them. You see these same figures/sculpts made by other manufacturers. I have seem them attributed to PlayVisions, Club Earth, and Toy Major, but none of the figures ever had the logos or labeling pattern characteristic of those companies. Weird. The Beam figures don't have names, but I've put names on seven of the figures; the letters below match the accompanying papers (if I ever get them all figured out, I'll post a review):

A zebra swallowtail, Protographium marcellus
B anise swallowtail, Papilio zelicaon
D creamy marblewing, Euchloe ausonides
E Phoebus Apollo, Parnassius phoebus
F great spangled fritillary, Speyeria cybele
J pipevine swallowtail, Battus philenor
K queen, Danaus gilippus

Next, two giant isopods by Nihon Auto Toy. I only wanted the gray one (left) but I had to buy both. They are large (13 cm). I am showing one dorsal and one ventral. The white one is open for trade.

Next a couple LARGE crustaceans, an Alaskan king crab and a spiny lobster. Look at them in comparison with one of my running shoes:

lastly a couple small misc. figures. A hermit crab from an unknown Japanese/Chinese manufacturer (non-gashapon style) and the nine-spotted lady beetle (Coccinella novemnotata) by XX (courtesy of weaselfan93).

sauroid

new ones
Mojo Fun 2015 African elephant calf

various Kaiyodos

Jetoar

Two weeks ago was my 7º anniversary with my girlfriend and yesterday arrived my presents of her.

My girlfriend is my more precious treasure forever  ^-^.