News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Wishes and hopes for 2024 and 2025

Started by Sim, January 01, 2024, 10:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

This thread is for what we'd like companies to make for 2024 (for those which haven't revealed their 2024 figures) and 2025 (for the companies that have shown their 2024 lineup).

I would very much like the following to be made as figures:

1. Black swan

2. Reticulated python

3. Burmese python, with normal colouration.  I'm hoping Safari repaints their albino one.

4. Greenland shark

5. Burrowing owl

6. Rose-ringed parakeet

7. Black-headed gull

8. Eastern green mamba

Sim

I'd also like an African grass owl or an eastern grass owl.

NSD Bashe

Any odd or interesting sea life or plants really (but especially deep sea, jellyfish, nudibranchs)
and also a cock-of-the-rock bird; they still don't seem to have one of these even from the numerous Japanese brands

EpicRaptorMan

In no particular order:

- Bat ray
- Blue spotted ray
- Hooded Seal
- Red Hartebeest
- Klipspringer
- Gerenuk (male & female mold w/ one on hind legs(?))
- Lionfish
- Green Sea Turtle (a good one)
- Virginia Opossum (smaller than retired SafariLtd one)
- Saddle-billed Stork
- Marabou Stork
- Great Hornbill
- Cock-of-the-Rock Bird
- Spotted Dolphin
- Aurorch
- some sea snakes ?
- Spectacled/Andean Bear (a dude made a mold on here a long time ago and I thought it was fabulous)
- Coatimundi
- Black-footed ferret
- Jaguarundi
- Fossa
- Coquerel's sifaka

Draca

Birds:
-Philippine eagle
-Bearded vulture
-Nightjar
-Golden pheasant
-Rock ptarmigan
-Western capercaillie
-Eurasian Jay

Amphibians:
-Japanese giant salamander
-Tiger salamander
-Yellow-bellied toad

Mammals:
-Binturong
-Racoon dog
-Manul
-Wisent
-Water deer
-Gerenuk
-Tibetan fox
-Muntjac
-Silky anteater

JimoAi

An updated tiger shark
An updated hammerhead
Greenland shark
Risso's dolphin
Leopard whipray
Mekong giant catfish
perucetus
Opah
Tarpon

Sim

I've noticed that apparently CollectA hasn't made any parrot species.  I'm quite surprised by this as parrots are very popular and interesting animals.  Perhaps CollectA could make a rose-ringed parakeet?  Alternatively I would be very interested in a figure of the pink cockatoo.  I missed Bullyland's and can't find it anywhere.  I think CollectA could make a nice figure of each of these species.

I've noticed that of the animal groups I am most interested in, which are birds, reptiles, amphibians and fish, the most often-made families are parrots, owls and sharks.  Safari in particular has represented these families well, which I'm enjoying.  I think though that it's really time one or more companies make a greenland shark.  It's got a lot of interesting qualities and I think it would prove more popular than some other shark species that have been made as figures.

NSD Bashe

Not to get off topic but I think there's an "unbranded" pink cockatoo generally available around eBay that strongly resembles the Bullyland one...

Also since I'm here again I'll put down a more specific list of plant and sealife I would be particularly excited for (although it's probably not that different than whatever I put last year  ;)  )

Black swallower fish
Five-lined constellation fish
Christmas tree worm
Giant siphonophore
Sundew plant
Hydnora africana plant
Double barbed anglerfish
Whipnose angler
Ghostly seadevil
Fangtooth
Deep sea manefish
Sarcastic fringehead
Snipe eel
Deep sea ribbonfish
Flower hat jellyfish
any unmade or hard to find nudibranch varieties
Violet sea snail
Giant pyrosome
any unusual jellyfish
Comb jelly
Unicornfish

EpicRaptorMan

Quote from: NSD BasheUnicornfish
I found a fresh corpse of one of these washed up on an untouched beach in Kaui'i years ago. Was truly a spectacular find.

EpicRaptorMan

Quote from: Draca on January 04, 2024, 02:16:28 PM-Rock ptarmigan
I got mine here: https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtoqcQy

Quote from: -Japanese giant salamander
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKzDWug there's two colors both of which could pass as a Japanese Giant Salamander.

Quote-Muntjac
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1468786662/muntjac-deer-124-scale-realistic-animal I have this one. You could save a lot of money if you paint it yourself.
I actually contacted the seller and had them make me a custom size that I thought best fit.

Sim

@NSD Bashe, thanks for that regarding the pink cockatoo, ha ha, I don't think I can own a knock-off though!

NSD Bashe

@Sim I know what you mean  8)   I recently spent a bit of time searching for the official Safari pufferfish which is rather hard to find now and the market is filled with knock offs that look just like it- but I really wanted the original!  I generally only go for knock offs if they're at all different in some way that makes them interesting next to the original, although I did get that pink cockatoo without knowing it was a knock off at the time...

@EpicRaptorMan that is a pretty epic find!

Draca

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on January 09, 2024, 06:09:21 AM
Quote from: Draca on January 04, 2024, 02:16:28 PM-Rock ptarmigan
I got mine here: https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtoqcQy

Quote-Japanese giant salamander
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKzDWug there's two colors both of which could pass as a Japanese Giant Salamander.

Quote-Muntjac
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1468786662/muntjac-deer-124-scale-realistic-animal I have this one. You could save a lot of money if you paint it yourself.
I actually contacted the seller and had them make me a custom size that I thought best fit.

I've been thinking about getting some 3d-printed figures after seeing some interesting reptiles! Didn't manage to build up the courage yet as I'll probably have to paint them myself.

I'll definetly check out the aliexpress listings. Thank you!

EpicRaptorMan

I have a short list of figures I want to get 3D printed and rescaled. Notably the SafariLtd Opossum and a Tibetan Sand Fox + Frogfish that I don't know the companies of.

Sim

I wish a company would make a new non-mini gharial figure.  I've been trying to find Papo's and nowhere has it available.  A new one could be more accurate than Papo's, although I would also be happy if Papo re-released theirs.

EpicRaptorMan

Quote from: Sim on January 22, 2024, 08:53:13 PMI wish a company would make a new non-mini gharial figure.  I've been trying to find Papo's and nowhere has it available.  A new one could be more accurate than Papo's, although I would also be happy if Papo re-released theirs.
There are plenty acceptable knockoffs available. I have the Papo one and the knock off And yes, the knockoff didn't have quite the same sculpt details on the teeth but If I knew about it before, I think I would have been satisfied.

Sim

Thanks, but I don't want to have any knock-offs.

EpicRaptorMan

Why not? They're easily a fraction the price and nobody would know the difference. That is unless you look at the company name on the belly.

doggoswoofwoof

Here are the animals that I am hoping get made by a major Western company sometime:
Raccoon dog
Pallas cat
Andean Bear
White nosed Coatimundi
Aurorch
Cave lion (preferably accurate (maneless) male by papo)
Irish elk calf or doe
Ground sloth (preferably with unique markings)
Opossum
Gray fox
Silver or marble fox
Arctic fox in summer coat
Golden or pseudomentalistic tiger
White or piebald moose
American pine marten
Indian Lion
Non howling black wolf
Mexican wolf

Sim

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on January 23, 2024, 04:27:19 PMWhy not? They're easily a fraction the price and nobody would know the difference. That is unless you look at the company name on the belly.
One reason is I don't want the possibility of it containing toxic material.  Also, I would like to have the authentic figure, not one which might have contributed to the retirement of the figure I want.  And I'd like the better detail of the authentic figure.