News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Wishes and hopes for 2024 and 2025

Started by Sim, January 01, 2024, 10:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EpicRaptorMan

Quote from: Sim on January 23, 2024, 08:14:45 PM
Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on January 23, 2024, 04:27:19 PMWhy not? They're easily a fraction the price and nobody would know the difference. That is unless you look at the company name on the belly.
One reason is I don't want the possibility of it containing toxic material.  Also, I would like to have the authentic figure, not one which might have contributed to the retirement of the figure I want.  And I'd like the better detail of the authentic figure.
Well if you're worried about getting cancer from animal toys then rest assured because everything else is linked to cause cancer too nowadays. As for the business side of things I'm not here for brand loyalty I'm just here to be a consumer to get reasonable prices and quality. :P

Sim

I'm surprised there are no good figures of the house sparrow.  I'd like one so I hope a company makes it.

EpicRaptorMan

JimoAi

Would like to see:

Scalloped/smooth hammerheads from Safari ltd, Smooth and great hammerhead from CollectA

Greenland/ Sleeper shark from Safari ltd/CollectA

Green turtle from CollectA

Alligator/common snapping from collectA

porcupine fish from Papo

tiger shark from Papo

Commerson's dolphin from any brand.

Jakapil from Safari ltd/collectA

Blue whale repaint from Papo.

Ringed, Baikal , hooded, ribbon , bearded seal from any company

Adult bowmouth guitarfish from Papo/safari ltd

goblin shark from safari ltd/Papo

Atlantic tarpon from safari ltd

southern Bottlenose whale from any company

leopard whipray from any company

Sim

Quote from: JimoAi on February 11, 2024, 04:07:14 AMGreenland/ Sleeper shark from Safari ltd/CollectA
I'd love good versions of these from any companies.  I'm most interested in a good greenland shark figure, but a Pacific sleeper shark figure is something I'd like very much as well.

Sim

@Shane, I hope one day Safari repaints this duck figure to make it a female mallard, so that I can have both a male and female: https://www.safariltd.com/products/safari-farm-duck-figurines-233229

EpicRaptorMan

Really don't think that it is the best mallard duck available, but more ducks would be cool. A wood duck, albeit probably not with this sculpt, is on my list.

JimoAi

For mine I would like to see a definitive narwhal figure. It's such an iconic animal and the existing figures don't do it justice. Papo has the best sculpt but the worst paint, Toymany also has a decent one with crap paint, collectA could've been better, PNSO's is likely GG be tiny and it was leaked, Mojo is atrocious and the MBA one was recently retired.

My hopes for Bandai:

A ray mini collection with
Spotted eagle ray
Leopard whip ray
Sawfish
Bowmouth guitar fish

River monsters mini collection
Golaith tigerfish
Goonch
Electric eel
Giant freshwater stingray

Sharks 2 Mini collection
Zebra shark
Sand tiger
bonnethead shark
wobbegong

A definitive Tiger shark

Safari ltd to tackle a Goblin shark

Sim

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on March 23, 2024, 09:43:38 PMReally don't think that it is the best mallard duck available, but more ducks would be cool. A wood duck, albeit probably not with this sculpt, is on my list.
It's the only one suitable for me, since I don't collect figures that have permanent bases.

Sim

I hope a company makes a wood pigeon.  It's such a nice species and I'd love to have a figure of it!  Papo seems the most likely to make it.

EpicRaptorMan

Quote from: Sim on April 01, 2024, 06:41:38 PMI hope a company makes a wood pigeon.  It's such a nice species and I'd love to have a figure of it!  Papo seems the most likely to make it.
i doubt it. Papo just released a pigeon last year and although it's not a Common Wood Pigeon I doubt they'll make a species so close to one they just made.

Sim

That's possible, I've just been loving Papo's "garden" birds and thought of how great a wood pigeon by them would be.  I would be very happy with a good figure of it from any of the companies.

Sim

I'm surprised Papo retired their most recent adult crocodile figure without replacing it.  It's a crocodile, one of the staples for an animal toy line!  They even still have their baby crocodile figure still in production!  The adult crocodile is an iconic Papo figure.  I wonder if we'll eventually get another crocodile figure from Papo, one with an articulated jaw like their alligator and upcoming caiman.  I think a crocodile figure that isn't a Nile crocodile could be interesting, perhaps a saltwater crocodile?

Sim

I'm surprised no-one has made a figure of a shrike!  They are such unique and fearsome animals, they should be easy to sell figures of!  I hope a company makes one.

Ultrazilla2054

Just some stuff
1. Ambulocetus
2. Pygmy Right Whale
3. Fin whale
4. Greenland Shark
5. Rough Toothed Dolphin
6. Tarbosaurus
7. Oxalaia

Sim

I wish a company would make a Eurasian goshawk.  It's my favourite bird of prey.  I tried looking for Bullyland's (which is just called "Hawk") and I can't find it for sale anywhere.  I also think a new figure of it could be better than the few existing figures of this animal.

Walhalla

I think the Indri Indri and the Aye Aye as well as the Golden Lanur, Gelada baboon and the Hamadryas baboon are my top wants. Let get funkies with the monkeys.lets get crazy with the apy's. Pri-mates Pri-mates hoooraaaay primaaaates.i want to get every species of primate woohooo. And a ape is not a monkey. But still they are chonky! All right i will go on. I am quite hyper it seems. Hahaha.

Sim

There are two other figures I hope will be repainted at some point.  First is the Safari red-tailed hawk into a Eurasian goshawk.  I would be very happy with a new sculpt for a Eurasian goshawk instead though.  Second is the Papo white peacock into a normal-coloured Indian peacock.  I prefer the pose and lack of base of the white peacock figure to Papo's displaying peacock, which is why I hope Papo will produce the repaint.

doggoswoofwoof

New red fox from schleich
Silver Fox from Safari
Cave lion from Papo
Summer coat arctic fox from anyone
American Pine marten from Safari
White lioness re-release from Papo
Golden tabby tiger from anyone
New snow leopard from Safari
black wolf from anyone
New sabertooth cat or mammoth from Schleich
Indian lion from collectA
Liger from anyone
Ice age wild horse from collectA or Papo
New Virginia opossum from Safari
Gray kangaroo from anyone
Dwarf or Flemish giant rabbit from anyone
Bearded vulture from anyone
Spectacled Bear by Safari

doggoswoofwoof

Oh gosh I just realized I already posted my list earlier this year XD well my wants have changed slightly