News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Miscellaneous Japanese/Chinese - New for 2024

Started by bmathison1972, December 29, 2023, 02:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alopias superciliosus

Looks like a fun little collection! Sad no unique sculpts but a nice variety of species!

Does anyone know from experience how long it is from announcement until a line shows up in gachapon machines? I'll be in Tokyo for a trip in early March, it would be cool if they were available by then.

bmathison1972

For this thread, unless otherwise indicated, assume they are available now.

JimoAi

Quote from: Alopias superciliosus on February 01, 2024, 01:53:34 AMLooks like a fun little collection! Sad no unique sculpts but a nice variety of species!

Does anyone know from experience how long it is from announcement until a line shows up in gachapon machines? I'll be in Tokyo for a trip in early March, it would be cool if they were available by then.

most come out shortly after release but some take a few months, notably Bandai, Ikimon or takara tomy

Alopias superciliosus

Thanks, glad that it seems likely they are already available/soon to be! I'll definitely have a look for them while I'm over there!  ^-^ 

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on February 01, 2024, 12:07:18 AM@sbell - do you know the Latin names of the other/all species?  ;D

I'm very late to this, looks like id's are covered!

I've ordered, but I won't have them for a while!

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on February 01, 2024, 01:37:32 AMMaybe 'E' is Echidna xanthospilos?

Another name for this one is Skeletor eel!

I've seen them at the Georgia Aquarium

BlueKrono

Quote from: sbell link=msg=41044 date= ;) 1706766802
Quote from: bmathison1972 on February 01, 2024, 01:37:32 AMMaybe 'E' is Echidna xanthospilos?

Wow, sounds like an incredible visit! 😜
I like turtles.

sbell

Quote from: BlueKrono on February 01, 2024, 06:40:49 AM
Quote from: sbell link=msg=41044 date= ;) 1706766802

Wow, sounds like an incredible visit! 😜

Indeed!  ;D

bmathison1972

Quote from: sbell on February 01, 2024, 05:51:39 AMI've ordered, but I won't have them for a while!

Me too. Look forward to displaying some of them in those little pots (but I probably won't use the pipes).

bmathison1972

Matagi (traditional winter hunters of the Tōhoku region of northern Japan) by Tama-Kyu. I wonder if this is follow-up to the Evolution of Humanity Set?

bmathison1972

Snake Ring by Stasto.

They are designed to be rings, but can probably be put onto branches, etc. Any idea of the species? I assume the brown and leucistic ones are ball pythons (?). But what about the red and black one?

BlueKrono

They look like pretty generic "snake". I agree the brown resembles a ball python and the lower left corner reminds me of an albino corn. I'm sure they're all the same mold though.
I like turtles.

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Platt Dinosaur Key Chains; notice they partnered with Mojo for the sculpts.

bmathison1972

SO-TA 1/1 Waxy Monkey Frog and Rain Frog, Vol. 2

bmathison1972

JimoAi

Chubby tho the dunk is normal, sea animals teased by Animal heavenly body

bmathison1972

Drunk Kong by Tarlin.

I normally don't post such anthropomorphized figures, but the gorillas might appeal to someone!

Reach out to @brettnj if interested!

JimoAi