News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Animal figures to get

Started by Sim, September 20, 2023, 07:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saarlooswolfhound

Ok, these are nearly all my cobras.

If you have any questions I can try to help, but I am not an expert on snakes.

Sim

Thanks Paige!  I'm really liking the Safari toob cobra, and the Mojo version looks very good too.  What is the cobra furthest right in the first photo?

Saarlooswolfhound

furthest right is this guy.

Sim

Sim

I'm interested in getting the Safari amazon parrot.  I've noticed it has green on its feet and I'm wondering if it's intentional or accurate for the animal?

EpicRaptorMan

@Sim they should be gray. It seems that only some of these Safari LTD parrots have green feet... likely a flawed bunch. Should be pretty easy to repaint though.

Saarlooswolfhound

The foot is a sort of gray green in color... is that what you mean?

Sim

Thanks for the replies guys.  Everywhere I've seen the figure it has some green among the grey, for example here: https://toyanimalwiki.mywikis.wiki/wiki/Safari_263729_Green-Cheeked_Amazon_Parrot

I'm thinking I'll repaint the feet once I have it.

EpicRaptorMan

I might actually get this parrot too whenever Safari LTD releases the African gray parrot. Didn't know they had this one.

Sim

I've been finding the whale shark intriguing and I'm considering having a figure of it in my collection.  Which whale shark figure do people think is best?  The three that stand out to me are:

1. Colorata's original
2. Papo's adult
3. Wild Safari

I don't want it to be smaller than my other extant shark figures, which are all average-sized...

Saarlooswolfhound

I have Papo and Safari and I adore the Papo with its open mouth. I can try to snap a photo of it today if you like. Assuming I have the models, any figure comparison suggestions? Or just pair it with the sarchosuchus as I have been doing?

bmathison1972

I really really like the Papo adult! @JimoAi reviewed it on the Blog, including a comparison with the MBA figure: https://animaltoyforum.com/blog/whale-shark-marine-life-by-papo/

Gwangi

I haven't gotten a whale shark yet but when I do it will be the Papo. Took me awhile to decide too.

Sim

Thanks for the replies, guys!  A photo of the Safari and Papo figures would be interesting, the Sarcosuchus used before is fine for comparison.

Saarlooswolfhound

JimoAi

The Papo one is easily the best and the fact that it beats Japanese brands in detail and quality is saying something

Sim

Thanks guys, especially Paige for the very helpful photos!

Gwangi

Quote from: JimoAi on January 09, 2024, 12:08:14 AMThe Papo one is easily the best and the fact that it beats Japanese brands in detail and quality is saying something

As far as sharks go I think western brands often do better than the Japanese brands. That's just sharks though, not other fishes.

Shane

Just a brief comment on Paige's excellent photos -

The whale shark shown is the Monterey Bay version, which is larger but older than the Wild Safari Sea Life version.

Personally I prefer the Wild Safari version, as I think it has more accurate proportions than the Monterey Bay, which while I do have a soft spot for it, it's definitely showing its age.

Saarlooswolfhound

I don't have that one so I can't compare. But yes I would agree, the MBA was great for its time, but is indeed a bit dated now.