News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mojo Fun - New for 2023

Started by bmathison1972, January 02, 2023, 08:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

Moving to Southeast Asia with an orangutan

suspsy

Well, they've at least trounced CollectA in terms of quantity if not quality of wildlife this year.

EpicRaptorMan

The orangutan looks a bit...idk, disturbed? I'll have to see more photos of it before I give my final thoughts.

suspsy

So what happened to today's reveal?

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on January 07, 2023, 12:07:36 AMSo what happened to today's reveal?

There wasn't one. They aren't every day.

EpicRaptorMan

Maaaan I was waiting all day for a reveal.

bmathison1972

Well you guys got one today, an aardvark (which I would consider if I didn't already have Safari's)

EpicRaptorMan

Safari Ltd's Aardvark is pretty big though. Depending on how this one compares I may replace it

Gwangi

The aardvark is the standout of the bunch so far, I might get that one.

bmathison1972

I feel most of these reveals so far are much better than recent years with Mojo; just nothing I need (yet).

bmathison1972

And today we get a European badger! Looks good, for those of you who don't have this species and have trouble finding the older Schleich model, this could be a good one (not the newer Schleich version)

Gwangi

I don't have a European badger yet, this one is a likely pickup for me.

suspsy

It does look less cartoonish than the Schleich one.

Sable Antelope

Badger is pretty cute.
I like the Schelich male orangutan better, but since it's retired this guy will do for my ape collection.
Am I the only one who thinks the aardvark is a bit too pink and wrinkly for an adult?

EpicRaptorMan

I think the aardvark is better than Schleich2023.

I already have the Schleich European badger which I'm happy with

Isidro

The aardvark sculpt is definitely zillion times better than the Schleich one. And for size, it's more or less the same bulk than my PNSO warthog, so unlike the ginormous anaconda, anteater and toucan, it can fit very well in my collection. To my wishlist now!

JimoAi

There's a whale shark revealed!

bmathison1972

EpicRaptorMan

Looks pretty mid, not that that's a bad thing. I'll be sticking with my Papo Whale Shark for now and likely for ever.

bmathison1972

Quote from: EpicRaptorMan on January 09, 2023, 05:39:10 PMLooks pretty mid, not that that's a bad thing. I'll be sticking with my Papo Whale Shark for now and likely for ever.

me too!