News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mojo Fun - New for 2023

Started by bmathison1972, January 02, 2023, 08:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Good, we've moved on to sea creatures now. Although I wouldn't be surprised if Mojo reveals horses and farm animals next and leaves the prehistoric stuff for last.

JimoAi

Papo's offering still the best so no obligations to get that one

bmathison1972

Updated the first post with an octopus! OK, this has me semi-tempted to replace the CollectA figure ;-)

suspsy

Pity that Mojo has revealed a single animal yet that hasn't already been done by the other companies. A reticulated python, a Greenland shark, and a colossal squid would have been way more exciting than another green anaconda, another whale shark, and another octopus.

EpicRaptorMan

A bit disappointed in another octopus. It looks better than Mojo's previous octopus I just wished we had more cephalopod diversity. Cuttlefish one day? Vampire Squid?

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on January 10, 2023, 06:27:17 PMPity that Mojo has revealed a single animal yet that hasn't already been done by the other companies. A reticulated python, a Greenland shark, and a colossal squid would have been way more exciting than another green anaconda, another whale shark, and another octopus.

Mojo isn't producing for collectors of unusual taxa, they are targeting the general public; they are producing toys to be bought in museums, zoos, gift shops, etc. Familiar sells.

suspsy

Given how popular the reticulated python is in zoos and as an exotic pet, I wouldn't call it unusual or obscure. And most people know what a giant squid is, so a colossal squid wouldn't be all that unusual to them.

Gwangi

I keep my expectations with Mojo pretty low. Most Mojo toys are average figures of popular animals. Occasionally they surprise us but they're still a notch below CollectA, Papo, and Safari when it comes to product quality and species diversity. Someone should have definitely made a reticulated python by now (world's longest snake) but I would be surprised if it were to come from Mojo.

EpicRaptorMan

Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 10, 2023, 06:34:22 PM
Quote from: suspsy on January 10, 2023, 06:27:17 PMPity that Mojo has revealed a single animal yet that hasn't already been done by the other companies. A reticulated python, a Greenland shark, and a colossal squid would have been way more exciting than another green anaconda, another whale shark, and another octopus.

Mojo isn't producing for collectors of unusual taxa, they are targeting the general public; they are producing toys to be bought in museums, zoos, gift shops, etc. Familiar sells.
Seeing how all of these companies are businesses they are all aiming for that.

JimoAi

We'll see if this would be better than papo's new octopus

bmathison1972

Quote from: JimoAi on January 11, 2023, 02:07:02 AMWe'll see if this would be better than papo's new octopus

It will be better than Papo (as long as it only has one siphon); but, Papo's is a juvenile anyway.

Today, four reveals, with an entire family of Romney sheep (see first post)

suspsy

Okay, we're on to livestock now. Probably be horses after that, and then at least the prehistoric stuff.

I really mustn't get my hopes up high, but given that we had a Smilodon and a woolly mammoth in the previous two years, my fingers are crossed for a Megatherium.

EpicRaptorMan

Yikes livestock already?
Ight, guess imma head out. ✌️

bmathison1972

Updated first post with a Prehistoric, a woolly rhino!

endogenylove

I don't collect prehistorics and I don't speak for the accuracy, but I must say that this is a figure with a great presence!
Always looking for new species...

suspsy

So nothing on Instagram today. Any confirmation that this is the entire lot?

EpicRaptorMan

Last year their only prehistoric was the mammoth, correct? If so, and seeing how we only had one batch of Farm figures I think I am willing to bet that this is it for 2023.

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on January 14, 2023, 02:44:15 AMSo nothing on Instagram today. Any confirmation that this is the entire lot?

Remember, they didn't announce last Friday but did again on Saturday, so there might be something later today. If nothing today/this weekend, then that might be it

bmathison1972

Just heard that Mojo stated this is indeed it for their 2023 releases.

Personally, I am OK with that as I am already at 20-22 anticipated purchases of Papo and CollectA, and I am sure I'll invest in Safari as well!

NSD Bashe

Oh wow no horses even...  I wonder if that means they actually didn't sell last time