News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Burger's Customs

Started by Burgerenby, October 22, 2021, 12:35:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burgerenby

[deleted]

Burgerenby

[deleted]

Burgerenby

[deleted]

bmathison1972

Oh wow, very nice. The Ceratogaulus is probably my favorite!

Nimravus

Wonderful customs, I like them a lot. The Barbourofelis is amazing! My congrats,  please keep it up!

Lanthanotus

Impressive work... I especially like the repaint of the Numbat aswell as the custom of the Bullyland T. rex.

Reuben03

so good to have you back in some way. i've missed your artwork so much.

Burgerenby

[deleted]

BlueKrono

A frog to tarsier conversion - very creative. And I like that Triceratops. Got a prairie chicken thing going on there?
I like turtles.

bmathison1972

beautiful work with the Dimetrodon!

Lanthanotus

Very nice paint scheme and execution on the Dimetrodon. I have the same model and like its somewhat classic look, haven`t deceided for a paint scheme yet though.

Burgerenby

[deleted]

bmathison1972

hey Burger,

The Papo Quetzo is a marked improvement; it no longer looks like an entity slithering around the basement in a 2020s American horror flick.

About the Elasmotherium, why the drastic change? This this now the common thought about what the species looked like?

EpicRaptorMan

I saw the edited Elasmotherium on Facebook and alot of people were upset at the inaccuracies of the change.

Burgerenby

There are no "inaccuracies of the change", people are getting upset because they are nostalgic for the outdated long horn.
Read "The experience in reconstructing of the head of Elasmotherium (Rhinocerotidae)" by Titov et al. 2021 before you claim that there are any "inaccuracies".

Loon

I really like it. Always cool to see alternative hypothesis represented. I don't get the whining honestly, like, it doesn't make the CollectA one with the big horn not exist. Don't bother with those people, they aren't worth wasting time on.

Burgerenby

There wasn't even much whining on Facebook, just one person who acted a bit rash, but not an angry mob of a lot of people with pitchforks or torches.

EpicRaptorMan

I had read the Titov et al. 2021 reconstruction and although it challenges the previous views of Elasmotherium's horn placement it's still a fairly new publication and the changes are not yet set in stone.

I'm confused now. If these edits to CollectA's Elasmotherium were based off what you view to be "accurate" then why not be fully faithful in the edits of Titov et al. 2021? The publication featured a clear artistic reconstruction (see Fig. 6)

Burgerenby

I don't even say anything is "accurate", that is your personal obsession, there is no hard right or wrong until we find a mummified horn.
I don't just copypaste the illustration from the paper because I actually read it instead of just looking at the images.
Can you stop being like that?
You came into my thread and all you do is telling me that my edit is shit, you are not leaving the best first impression here.
You are acting like that one Matt Bors comic.

EpicRaptorMan

Quote from: Burgerenby on December 30, 2021, 10:23:06 AM
I don't even say anything is "accurate", that is your personal obsession, there is no hard right or wrong until we find a mummified horn.
I don't just copypaste the illustration from the paper because I actually read it instead of just looking at the images.
Can you stop being like that?
You came into my thread and all you do is telling me that my edit is shit, you are not leaving the best first impression here.
You are acting like that one Matt Bors comic.
Wait, you assume I didn't read the publication? You cited the publication to support your change in perspective of the horn placement, but now instead of discussing you get protective and compare me to American political comics? That's not very nice.

If you wish to compare me to a Matt Bor's comic can you at least cite which one you're referring to?