News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Miscellaneous Japanese - New for 2022

Started by bmathison1972, September 29, 2021, 03:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

A couple new sets by Tarlin. The Cats set looks like each cat comes with a brick to build a wall for them to walk on

Halichoeres

I don't think these have been posted here, but apologies if I'm duplicating effort.

I don't know who this guy is, but some of the animals are pretty cute.
Where I try to find the best version of every prehistoric species: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0

bmathison1972

WOW, these are nice! According to my translation software, we have:

1. Africa spurred tortoise
2. Asian water monitor
3. call duck (a historic breed of domestic duck)
4. tiger salamander
5. Budgett's frog!
6. dude

I am seriously contemplating the tortoise, monitor, and salamander

endogenylove

The monitor appears to be an albino or some other morph, but I may put it on my wishlist depending on species. I assume "Salvador monitor" is meant to represent Varanus salvadorii and not Varanus salvator?
Always looking for new species...

bmathison1972

Quote from: endogenylove on December 05, 2022, 11:25:25 PMThe monitor appears to be an albino or some other morph, but I may put it on my wishlist depending on species. I assume "Salvador monitor" is meant to represent Varanus salvadorii and not Varanus salvator?

Sorry @endogenylove - that was a mistake of mine (I didn't realize there were two different species with a similar name). It translates to 'salvator' monitor, so it's probably the Asian water monitor, V. salvator!

bmathison1972

endogenylove

Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 05, 2022, 11:36:37 PM
Quote from: endogenylove on December 05, 2022, 11:25:25 PMThe monitor appears to be an albino or some other morph, but I may put it on my wishlist depending on species. I assume "Salvador monitor" is meant to represent Varanus salvadorii and not Varanus salvator?

Sorry @endogenylove - that was a mistake of mine (I didn't realize there were two different species with a similar name). It translates to 'salvator' monitor, so it's probably the Asian water monitor, V. salvator!
Ah, no problem! Disappointing though that it is not a unique species. I think I will continue to look for the wild type Yujin over this morph, although I prefer this sculpt. I have put the Tiger salamander on my wishlist though!
Always looking for new species...

bmathison1972

Quote from: endogenylove on December 07, 2022, 12:03:40 AM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 05, 2022, 11:36:37 PM

Ah, no problem! Disappointing though that it is not a unique species. I think I will continue to look for the wild type Yujin over this morph, although I prefer this sculpt. I have put the Tiger salamander on my wishlist though!

Yeah I have the Yujin monitor too. I'll go for the tiger salamander, tortoise, and duck

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 05, 2022, 09:09:19 PMWOW, these are nice! According to my translation software, we have:

2. Asian water monitor
4. tiger salamander
5. Budgett's frog!
6. dude

The dude is some well known japanese herp YouTuber. This set was probably commissioned

BlueKrono

Quote from: JimoAi on December 07, 2022, 12:39:02 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 05, 2022, 09:09:19 PMWOW, these are nice! According to my translation software, we have:

2. Asian water monitor
4. tiger salamander
5. Budgett's frog!
6. dude

The dude is some well known japanese herp YouTuber. This set was probably commissioned

I'm just thankful we got a Budgett's frog out of it.
I like turtles.

bmathison1972

A set of nudibranchs by Rainbow. They look rubbery or 'squishy' (?)

Could be some interesting species if someone wants a go at translation.

NSD Bashe

Ooh nice, I think some of those are new in (mass produced) figure form; right away I recognize Hypselodoris festiva, (the most close up one) which is the most commonly represented, appearing in nearly every nudibranch set.  Taking a closer look, they all appear to have the actual species name written under them in very tiny print, though it's small enough to be almost illegible...

Blue and orange one (up close): Hypselodoris festiva
Black and blue one: Tambja morosa (aka "gloomy nudibranch")
Purple one: Hypselodoris apolegma
White and yellow one: Chromodoris magnifica
Blue one with dots on it: Aldisa albatrossae

NSD Bashe

https://global.toysanta.jp/products/g-4qoq000vyg-003?variant=42131116687525

I've found them listed here now, those are indeed the species
ohhh I get it, they're chop stick rests, that's why it showed the chop sticks
the material is "polystone" and they're around the area of 2 inches in length give or take

bmathison1972

Quote from: NSD Bashe on December 10, 2022, 08:24:37 PMhttps://global.toysanta.jp/products/g-4qoq000vyg-003?variant=42131116687525

I've found them listed here now, those are indeed the species
ohhh I get it, they're chop stick rests, that's why it showed the chop sticks
the material is "polystone" and they're around the area of 2 inches in length give or take

Thanks! I might have to consider one or a couple of these!

NSD Bashe

sold out at that link but you can find the complete set on eBay

bmathison1972

brettnj

For those who might not know, for anyone looking for any of these sets or anything else from Japan, at the best prices outside that country, please PM.

Thanks.
Brett

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Woodblock-like figures by Qualia; the naked mole rat is the 'secret/chase' figure:

bmathison1972