News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Miscellaneous Japanese - New for 2022

Started by bmathison1972, September 29, 2021, 03:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NSD Bashe

What I find particularly a-mew-sing is that it seems two different Japanese toy companies have a new line of toy cats advertised on the same day; the set by Ikimon all look super friendly and these ones all look really angry  :))

bmathison1972

Quote from: NSD Bashe on June 02, 2022, 12:37:27 AMWhat I find particularly a-mew-sing is that it seems two different Japanese toy companies have a new line of toy cats advertised on the same day; the set by Ikimon all look super friendly and these ones all look really angry  :))

I almost posted them as 'Grumpy Cat' lol

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Qualia lizards. I have some snakes by them in a similar style:

bmathison1972

Upcoming from SO-TA; the monochromatic models might be prototypes and the final paint might be different/better

brettnj

I believe those were April releases (They are available now.) and there are variants, though I didn't study well enough to know details. But the text did not the mosasaurus only being available as glow in the dark. Strange...

bmathison1972

The third (?) set of Stasto 3D file Ladybugs, this time with cetoniines!

bmathison1972

Yell herps, designed to wrap around pencils and such. Sculpts aren't half bad!

bmathison1972

Tarlin frogs:

Re-Ment furniture. If you look closely, Figure '2' has a dog, beetle, and something else; might of interest to scale-conscious collectors.

Isidro

That stag beetle could ve very tempting for me, anybody knows its size???

bmathison1972

Quote from: Isidro on June 26, 2022, 06:48:24 AMThat stag beetle could ve very tempting for me, anybody knows its size???

Maybe @brettnj can check with his source.

I would guess a few millimeters!

Hard to tell species, but given it's from Japan and the shape of the mandibles, I would guess Prosopocoilus inclinatus or P. dissimilis.

brettnj

The two insects are very small, I'd say less than 1 cm.

Isidro

Many thanks! Little less than 1 cm (about 8-9 mm) with mandibles included, would be ideal for me!!! Is easy for you to get only the stag beetle without buying the whole set, and for a cheap price? Then I would get one along with more figures :)

I didn't noticed the cicada moult until you mentioned "two insects"!

bmathison1972

Quote from: Isidro on June 27, 2022, 07:13:01 PMMany thanks! Little less than 1 cm (about 8-9 mm) with mandibles included, would be ideal for me!!! Is easy for you to get only the stag beetle without buying the whole set, and for a cheap price? Then I would get one along with more figures :)

Everything under '2' is sold as one component of the set, so you would be getting the dog, butterfly net, beetle, cage, and cicada nymph/molt. That is probably as narrow as they can be purchased.

brettnj

Quote from: Isidro on June 27, 2022, 07:13:01 PMMany thanks! Little less than 1 cm (about 8-9 mm) with mandibles included, would be ideal for me!!! Is easy for you to get only the stag beetle without buying the whole set, and for a cheap price? Then I would get one along with more figures :)

Isidro--ask me these questions directly. I can get the group of the dog and two insects and their accessories. Please e-mail (not direct message here) ASAP while still available.

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

some fish by Toys Spirits; probably nothing on your radar right now @sbell but thought I'd alert you to them

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 10, 2022, 10:28:35 PMsome fish by Toys Spirits; probably nothing on your radar right now @sbell but thought I'd alert you to them

Already have the set! I think it came out a couple years ago.
I remember finding pictures of some small animal ones but not sure if they were older or upcoming or what

bmathison1972

oh, must be a re-release then! Thanks for the info!