News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Lovely Salamanders

Started by postsaurischian, January 01, 2013, 12:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

3B Scientific Fire Salamander images are working again. :)

widukind

I found that figurine too on a children flea market for 0,50€. That brand is located in my hometown :)

brontodocus

Quote from: widukind on February 05, 2017, 04:14:10 PM
I found that figurine too on a children flea market for 0,50€. That brand is located in my hometown :)
Awesome find, congrats, Andreas. 8) That's about 1% of the retail price! :o

brontodocus

brontodocus

stargatedalek

I really hope the rest of this series gets reissued alongside the mudpuppy some day, even if they're all glow in the dark.

brontodocus

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 07, 2017, 05:07:04 PM
I really hope the rest of this series gets reissued alongside the mudpuppy some day, even if they're all glow in the dark.
Same here! :) Maybe Safari Ltd should really think about releasing them unpainted if the molds are still good.

stargatedalek

Quote from: brontodocus on February 07, 2017, 08:39:10 PM
Same here! :) Maybe Safari Ltd should really think about releasing them unpainted if the molds are still good.
I assume they are, since they've released two of them in glow in the dark form. Why the most recognizable of them sans the mudpuppy haven't been I can't fathom.

brontodocus

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 07, 2017, 10:52:00 PM
Quote from: brontodocus on February 07, 2017, 08:39:10 PM
I assume they are, since they've released two of them in glow in the dark form. Why the most recognizable of them sans the mudpuppy haven't been I can't fathom.
On the other hand it's strange that only two of the TAC salamanders were released as part of the Translucents series - Mudpuppy and Yonahlossee Salamander - and the same two are now sold as glow-in-the-dark figures. But it seems none of the other sculpts have ever been released again. :-\

stargatedalek

Quote from: brontodocus on February 08, 2017, 07:39:55 AMOn the other hand it's strange that only two of the TAC salamanders were released as part of the Translucents series - Mudpuppy and Yonahlossee Salamander - and the same two are now sold as glow-in-the-dark figures. But it seems none of the other sculpts have ever been released again. :-\
Quite foreboding indeed, hopefully they still have those molds. :'(

postsaurischian

Kaiyodo - Sofubi Toybox STB 010A (Does this mean we're getting a colour variant soon?)

It's the first model where the second row of teeth on the upper jaw is visible:

Meeting eggs & larvae (Kaiyodo - Kyoto Aquarium No.03):

Snapping a fish (Nature Techni Colour - Clear Streams In Japan No.01 Ayu):

The Kaiyodo Giant Salamander family (clockwise):
   Sofubi Toybox No.10A, Animatales No.05, Kyoto Aquarium special resin model, Natural Monuments of Japan No.35, Kyoto Aquarium No.02

postsaurischian

Kaiyodo - Sofubi Toybox STB 010A ~ Japanese Giant Salamander  (more pitures here)

stemturtle

Thanks Postsaurischian. This figure is approaching life scale. It's a beauty.

widukind

Very beautieful salamander(s)

widukind

Beetle guy

Very nice!!
On the colour variation, I noticed on twitter a colour variation on the Sofubi pill bug (012A). But have not seen it anywhere else.

And above left the variation you were looking for..

and this one. I found out that the variation is NOT called 'B' but the number 010 (in the salamander's case) without addition.
It seems the colour variations are limited editions. It is for sale in the Kaiyodo museum I think.  You can do a search on Yahoo auctions ;-)

To beetle or not to beetle.

widukind

postsaurischian

:D Ah! Just as I have suspected. Thanks for the info, Beetle guy.
      I think I'll have to get me the colour variant too.

postsaurischian

Bandai, Great Animal Kaiser Japanese Giant Salamander

a wonderful Netsuke figure by Kentosh Bros.

widukind

Some of the Bandai animal Kaiser figurines are very nice, but not all :)