News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Kaiyodo - New for 2016

Started by bmathison1972, October 09, 2015, 02:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

sauroid

OkapiBoy

bmathison1972

February release. Looks analogous to the frog set last year. So far, the herp guys should be excited for 2016 :)

sauroid

I AM excited! thanks for posting.  :)

stemturtle

Come February, we will see if one of the hatchlings is a yellow-spotted Amazon river turtle, Pododcnemis unifilis. Thanks, bmathison.

brontodocus

Quote from: stemturtle on November 07, 2015, 12:20:48 PM
Come February, we will see if one of the hatchlings is a yellow-spotted Amazon river turtle, Pododcnemis unifilis. Thanks, bmathison.
Oh, now that you mentioned it, yes, the bottom right one looks like it! :o 8)

brontodocus

Exciting news!  :o :D The Mega Sofubi Advance series will be continued in 2016. One year after the release of the gigantic Blue Whale there wil be a huge African Bush Elephant this spring. Credit goes to our member Florian who just posted this in a facebook group. Here are some photos from Amazon Japan:

On Amazon.jp it says length would be about 450 mm and height about 300 mm so this is a 1/10ish model. This is surely a model I'm not going to miss! 8)

bmathison1972

It's almost big enough to have an in-scale corresponding Heliocopris   ;D

brontodocus

Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 25, 2016, 11:07:37 AM
It's almost big enough to have an in-scale corresponding Heliocopris   ;D
Hehe, yes! ;D You might use one of those small Onthophagini species with horned males, I'm sure there is one that would resemble Heliocopris to that extent that it wouldn't be necessary to sculpt one.

sauroid

yes my jaw dropped on my keyboard yesterday when i saw that Loxodonta figure in fb after Florian posted it.

brontodocus

Quote from: sauroid on January 26, 2016, 08:56:20 AM
yes my jaw dropped on my keyboard yesterday when i saw that Loxodonta figure in fb after Florian posted it.
Same here! ;D

postsaurischian

Quote from: brontodocus on January 25, 2016, 10:51:52 AM

On Amazon.jp it says length would be about 450 mm and height about 300 mm so this is a 1/10ish model. This is surely a model I'm not going to miss! 8)

:o Gulp!
Unfortunately too big for me, but simply awesome!
I'm looking forward to your walk-around :).

sauroid

i wish they didnt make it too large. half the size of that would just be perfect.

brontodocus

I'm quite happy about the large size, there are already a few figures which are halfway between usual toy elephant size (mostly about 80-100 mm tall) and this monster here - the Wildlife Wonders and Vanishing Wild figures by Safari Ltd (although the latter has become a bit scarce) for example.
Quote from: postsaurischian on January 27, 2016, 08:39:38 PM
:o Gulp!
Unfortunately too big for me, but simply awesome!
I'm looking forward to your walk-around :).
Hehe, of course I'd have to get one first. Release date seems to be end of March so I guess I won't get one until early to mid April.

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

brontodocus

I've read on Kaiyodo's facebook site that the release of the African Bush Elephant will be delayed - I'm not sure if the automatic translation works correctly but it said "The African Elephant Sales in April to be postponed.". On the other hand - I've also seen this photo here:

1) does this mean there will be a Mega Sofubi Advance Triceratops coming up?
2) does this mean both the elephant and Triceratops will be released as (quite affordable if the price tag is correct) vinyl kits? Buying them in a disassembled state would probably reduce shipping costs considerably, too.

AcroSauroTaurus

I know they aren't living animals, but has anyone seen Kaiyodo's two new 2016 dinosaur sets? One includes Spinosaurus, Yi, Feathered Tyrannosaurus, and a juvenile Parasaurolophus. The other set coming has a Pteranodon, Tyrannosaurus vs Triceratops, some kind of carnosaur, some kind of therizinosaur, and a sauropod(Brontosaurus?). And theres a new Deep sea set as well that includes an Oarfish, a Goblin Shark, a Long-nose Lancetfish, a Giant Squid, a Vampire Squid, and a fish I can't identify.
I am the Dinosaur King!

brontodocus

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on February 12, 2016, 05:34:24 AM
And theres a new Deep sea set as well that includes an Oarfish, a Goblin Shark, a Long-nose Lancetfish, a Giant Squid, a Vampire Squid, and a fish I can't identify.
I've seen only one photo so it's difficult to tell but the mysterious fish looks like a sea toad, Chaunax sp., similar to a monkfish but less flat and with a much smaller illicium.

sbell

Quote from: brontodocus on February 12, 2016, 09:28:25 AM
Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on February 12, 2016, 05:34:24 AM
And theres a new Deep sea set as well that includes an Oarfish, a Goblin Shark, a Long-nose Lancetfish, a Giant Squid, a Vampire Squid, and a fish I can't identify.
I've seen only one photo so it's difficult to tell but the mysterious fish looks like a sea toad, Chaunax sp., similar to a monkfish but less flat and with a much smaller illicium.

See, I was thinking of a goosefish from what I could tell, but yeah, we'll need a better photo. I will be getting that lancetfish though!