News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Kaiyodo - New for 2016

Started by bmathison1972, October 09, 2015, 02:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

Brilliant! :) Since the Komodo Dragon is scheduled for January 2017 I'll post that one in the 2017 Kaiyodo thread, too.

Beetle guy

Quote from: bmathison1972 on September 21, 2016, 12:43:23 PM
Quote from: brontodocus on September 21, 2016, 06:58:09 AM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on September 21, 2016, 03:06:31 AM
September, 2016 release:
[thanks to stemturtle for hunting down some of the scientific names]

1) House fly, Musca domestica (prob first figure specifically attributable to this species)
2) two color forms of the multicolored Asian lady beetle, Harmonia axyridis
3) commercial silkmoth, Bombyx morii
4) house jumping spider, Hasarius adansoni (third jumping spider I am aware of and first attributable to an actual species!)
5) smokybrown cockroach, Periplaneta fulginosia (nymph)--Kaiyodo gave us an adult last year.

Interesting set! 8) So are these supposed to be stuck to one's window or wall with some sort of sticky putty?

yeah, unfortunately they also look a bit small, smaller than typical gashapon figures.

Got the two ladybirds and the cockroach yesterday. they are kind of small , but nicer than I thougt. The slight metalic colour on the cockroach is really sweet. A pitty that they have a transparant plastic attachment underneath to put in the sticky stuff that is rather big and not detachable.  Will post pic's soon.
To beetle or not to beetle.

stemturtle

Group shot of Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Stick-on Insects to illustrate size of figures. Thanks to Brett for the set.
We leave it to our arthropod enthusiasts to post individual photos.

Adanson's house jumper Hasarius adansoni
Domesticated silk moth Bombyx mori
Harlequin ladybeetle (2 red spots) Harmonia axyridis
Harlequin ladybeetle (19 black spots) Harmonia axyridis
House fly Musca domestica
Smokybrown cockroach (nymph) Periplaneta fuliginosa

bmathison1972

Quote from: stemturtle on October 08, 2016, 04:13:03 PM
Group shot of Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Stick-on Insects to illustrate size of figures. Thanks to Brett for the set.
We leave it to our arthropod enthusiasts to post individual photos.

Adanson's house jumper Hasarius adansoni
Domesticated silk moth Bombyx mori
Harlequin ladybeetle (2 red spots) Harmonia axyridis
Harlequin ladybeetle (19 black spots) Harmonia axyridis
House fly Musca domestica
Smokybrown cockroach (nymph) Periplaneta fuliginosa

thanks! I was going to post a review of the set when I get them (in the mail now from Hong Kong). They are bigger than I anticipated, still small, but bigger than I thought which I am very happy for! In early publicity images, with the figures in a person's fingers, they appeared to be 1-1.5 cm and these are all closer to an inch or more (with appendages) with is great with me!
What's the formal name of the set in English?