Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Anurans - Frogs and Toads

Started by brontodocus, December 31, 2012, 12:43:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Kitan Club / Nature Techni Colour  Hyla japonica - Japanese Tree Frogs sitting on different mushrooms

Jetoar

really beautiful figure. The rock is a good point  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Roger

Sorry for bringing back a topic with more than 2 years but I have a question... does anyone know which species is represented?
About year it is a 2006 release and it is 23 cm long.

sbell

Quote from: Roger on August 20, 2016, 09:06:10 PM
Sorry for bringing back a topic with more than 2 years but I have a question... does anyone know which species is represented?

I can't remember now, how I found out, but it is Agalychnis spurrelli, the Costa Rican flying tree frog.

Roger

Quote from: sbell on August 20, 2016, 10:05:21 PM

I can't remember now, how I found out, but it is Agalychnis spurrelli, the Costa Rican flying tree frog.

Sean, how nice to get a reply and a very useful one. :D As I say, we are all the same community, it is only a pity that we are so dispersed.  I'll use your identification to use at Toy Animal Wiki :)

sbell

Quote from: Roger on August 22, 2016, 02:58:32 PM
Quote from: sbell on August 20, 2016, 10:05:21 PM

Sean, how nice to get a reply and a very useful one. :D As I say, we are all the same community, it is only a pity that we are so dispersed.  I'll use your identification to use at Toy Animal Wiki :)

No worries. I haven't really thought about that one for a while!

brontodocus

Hmmm, actually I think the figure rather represents a proper Flying Tree Frog just like the name indicates. Even the colours match. Looks like Rhacophorus nigropalmatus or R. reinwardtii and due to the blue webbed feet is probably meant to represent the latter.

sbell

Quote from: brontodocus on August 25, 2016, 10:15:19 AM
Hmmm, actually I think the figure rather represents a proper Flying Tree Frog just like the name indicates. Even the colours match. Looks like Rhacophorus nigropalmatus or R. reinwardtii and due to the blue webbed feet is probably meant to represent the latter.

When I got it, there was a reason I identified it that way...it's benn too long now, and I can't remember why.

Roger

Many thanks Andre, I should have noticed before that Safari official website assigns it to Rhacophorus genus indeed. I also noticed that the scale is 1:0.7 what puts the real thing in 16 cm long in that pose, what probably represents a real animal with more or less 8 cm of body length. It seems also that there is some debate around these species classification, thus, putting it up to the genus level is more than fine for me. :D

brontodocus

Merged double topics - we already have a walk-around of the Red Data Goliath Frog. :)

brontodocus

Aquatales Polyresin Rhacophorus arboreus photos are back! :)

brontodocus

3B Scientific Female Common Toad photos are back! :)

brontodocus

brontodocus

Kitan Club Japanese Common Toad photo urls are working again. :)

brontodocus

Image urls of Kaiyodo Red Data Animals Goliath Frog are working again. :)

brontodocus

brontodocus

Images of 3B Scientific Common Midwife Toad are back. :)

BlueKrono

Big mouth frogs and toads, including an interesting Hairy Frog (Trichobatrachus robustus) on the left

A favorite of mine - Safari's Dendrobates histrionicus
I like turtles.

sauroid

awesome frogs Bluekrono

anyone who can help would be greatly appreciated. i need ID on the maker of this poison dart frog TIA