News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Bears

Started by postsaurischian, December 30, 2012, 08:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Ok Despite being a land animal, this figure is part of the Sea life collection.

This is my first Polar bear, and i must say it was a pain to photograph because of the white color. Everytime i try to picture it, it would come out to bright, and atteps to make it better just make things a lot darker.

The Following are the best photos i can muster for my figure. If anyone has better ones, feel free to post them here.

Jetoar

Beautiful replica. It is really similar to Papo figure  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

The figure looks a lot better than I had expected.  :) It's always difficult to photograph a white animal figure on a white background with artificial light.

Takama

Ok so i got into Collecting Yowies. they can be expensive, and the chocolate that contains them is nasty.  my first model is the Giant Panda, which is made in a sitting position.

This was part of the First Wave of Yowies Released in the USA

bmathison1972

Nice, is this the new releases that came out a year ago? A marked improvement over the old Australian and UK lines.

Takama

This is the Brown bear that is currently available at certain retailers as a part of the Yowies collection.

Takama

Part of the First Wave of Yowies released in the USA

BlueKrono

I like turtles.

brontodocus

Papo standing Polar Bear walk-around photos are working again. :)

brontodocus

brontodocus

Photos of Wildlife Wonders Polar Bear are back! :)

brontodocus

Brown Bear from Bayala Torak photos are back. :)

AnimalToyForum

It is a lovely polar bear model. Here are some more shots of it, showing details of the underside (notice the pads on the feet) and the head. @brontodocus was right about the difficulty photographing white on white!

Takama

For a while, Standing Bear figures have become a trend. As a man who only collects one model per animal, i decided to get the standing verison of this beast. and its a simple Walkaround too

Takama

These are old photos i took with an Expirimental Black background

Not too sure it holds up.

FYI this model is hollow @doug watson can you say why this particular model is hollow? :)

doug watson

Quote from: Takama on January 12, 2019, 11:49:40 PM
These are old photos i took with an Expirimental Black background

Not too sure it holds up.

FYI this model is hollow @doug watson can you say why this particular model is hollow? :)

@Takama Not sure normally it is done on the larger WW and IC pieces to reduce material and keep prices down but in this case mine feels pretty solid so it may have been done to make moulding simple and used the paint break as a convenient separation. When I squeeze mine there is no give so I am not sure if it is even hollow.

sphyrna18

The Wildlife Wonders figure is hollow. I don't think the Wild Safari version, which looks almost identical, is hollow, though.

doug watson

Quote from: sphyrna18 on January 20, 2019, 11:16:50 PM
The Wildlife Wonders figure is hollow. I don't think the Wild Safari version, which looks almost identical, is hollow, though.

They are basically mirror images of each other, I did both. All of my WS versions are solid I believe Takama thought it was hollow because it and the WW were both cast in two pieces and joined behind the front legs at the colour break. On the WW is was done so it could be cast hollow I believe the WS version was cast like that for ease of casting but that is a guess on my part I haven't asked the factory. Actually until Takama mentioned it I never noticed I am embarrassed to say  :-[
@Takama is yours really hollow when you squeeze it is there any give, mine don't? I would be very interested to know.

sphyrna18

I have always really liked the fact that they are mirror images of each other, as the WW (and by extension, the WS one) is the best Panda on the market!  Many, if not most, of your sculpts are, IMO, the best representations of their respective species produced, and your Pandas are no different.  Funny enough, I never noticed the joint on the WS version until Takama mentioned it, and I have sold and handled a good number of these figures since they were released.  Given the weight of the WS figure, though, I would definitely say it is solid, and I just went and gave all the ones I have in stock a quick squeeze, and none of them showed any signs of give.

Takama

There is no give when i try to squeeze the model.

It is just lighter weight then i expected,