Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

widukind

Quote from: brontodocus on July 03, 2014, 02:51:40 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on June 30, 2014, 11:21:53 PM
today I received the 2014 Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Set #2 of caterpillars (and one beetle larva):

1) Papilio protenor (with defensive glands exposed!)
2) Papilio machaon
3) Staurops fagi
4) Cystidia truncangulata
5) Theretra oldenlandiae
6) Dorcus hopei (with figures from other sets, adult, pupa and now larvae are available!)

Congrats, Blaine!  :) How are they? Are they pliable? I've seen photos from Set No. 1 and it looked as if the caterpillars could bend upward. I ordered a full set, too (but mine is still in customs).

Quote from: Fukuiraptor on July 01, 2014, 02:34:17 AM
These figures are still available today :D
Thanks for showing, Fukuiraptor!  :o So they sell the entire set for 2520 yen? That's cheaper than most of the regular Colorata boxes! 8)

While I'm impatiently awaiting a parcel with new Kaiyodo and T-A.R.T.S figures from Japan I bought some Papos, CollectAs, and one Safari for consolation:

Congratulations, so many must haves  :)

bmathison1972

Quote from: brontodocus on July 03, 2014, 02:51:40 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on June 30, 2014, 11:21:53 PM
today I received the 2014 Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Set #2 of caterpillars (and one beetle larva):

1) Papilio protenor (with defensive glands exposed!)
2) Papilio machaon
3) Staurops fagi
4) Cystidia truncangulata
5) Theretra oldenlandiae
6) Dorcus hopei (with figures from other sets, adult, pupa and now larvae are available!)

Congrats, Blaine!  :) How are they? Are they pliable? I've seen photos from Set No. 1 and it looked as if the caterpillars could bend upward. I ordered a full set, too (but mine is still in customs).

All the figures appear to have a wire in them to position them, except the lobster moth caterpillar. I tried to move that one and almost broke it-LOL (luckily it didn't happen). But the others are 'bendy' figures for lack of a better term. The quality and paint jobs are fantastic, as always.
Also, they are 'strap' figures, but the little metal ring screws out very easily.

Meanwhile, I have the DangerQ arthropods in transit!

sbell

Okay, so I don't have it 'in-hand' yet, but I've been spending way too much time(money) on Jauce lately and finally won one of my most sought after figures:

I saw one once, when I first encountered Jauce 3/4 years ago, but didn't bid (it was a whole set) and never saw another. Finally, my patience is rewarded! Assuming it makes it to me...

brontodocus

Many thanks, widukind! :) Oh, and Blaine, thanks for the info. And: just yesterday my set has arrived! ^-^
Oh, and congrats, Sean, never seen tha figure before! :)

So there, once or twice a year I'll order a larger bunch of figures from Japan... and yesterday I happily received all this:

:D Phew, and I almost thought I won't get that Bluntnose Sixgill Shark anymore... :-\

bmathison1972

Nice! My DangerQ arthropods (only) are in transit. Do I see one of the Kitan Club barnacles in there? Cant wait to get my hands on those Scolopendra; they look nice!

widukind

Quote from: brontodocus on July 06, 2014, 04:09:41 PM
Many thanks, widukind! :) Oh, and Blaine, thanks for the info. And: just yesterday my set has arrived! ^-^
Oh, and congrats, Sean, never seen tha figure before! :)

So there, once or twice a year I'll order a larger bunch of figures from Japan... and yesterday I happily received all this:

:D Phew, and I almost thought I won't get that Bluntnose Sixgill Shark anymore... :-\

Phantastic newcomers, congratulations  :)

brontodocus

Many thanks, Blaine & widukind! :)
Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 06, 2014, 07:13:29 PM
Nice! My DangerQ arthropods (only) are in transit. Do I see one of the Kitan Club barnacles in there? Cant wait to get my hands on those Scolopendra; they look nice!
Yes, that's the Kitan Club Pedunculate Barnacle, Scalpellum stearnsii. Unfortunately, it's the only figure I have from that set. :-\ The scolopenders are indeed very good and also quite large (95 mm without appendages). :) They are apparently both representing two colour morphs of the same species (and even subspecies), the Chinese Red-headed Scolopender, Scolopendra subspinipes mutilans. With the exception of the Death Stalker and Mexican Red-kneed Tarantula, all figures from the set are made of a very soft material.

AnimalToyForum

brontodocus

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 07, 2014, 12:56:51 AM
Quote from: animaltoyforum on July 06, 2014, 10:18:04 PM
I found Wally! :))

Havent found Wally yet, but I did find WALDO.

Ah...nevermind...another one of those transatlantic differences.  :-X

stargatedalek

I found one too

amazing lot
the figures with the loop attachments are unfamiliar to be

sbell

Quote from: brontodocus on July 06, 2014, 09:11:27 PM
Many thanks, Blaine & widukind! :)
Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 06, 2014, 07:13:29 PM
Yes, that's the Kitan Club Pedunculate Barnacle, Scalpellum stearnsii. Unfortunately, it's the only figure I have from that set. :-\ The scolopenders are indeed very good and also quite large (95 mm without appendages). :) They are apparently both representing two colour morphs of the same species (and even subspecies), the Chinese Red-headed Scolopender, Scolopendra subspinipes mutilans. With the exception of the Death Stalker and Mexican Red-kneed Tarantula, all figures from the set are made of a very soft material.

I've been debating on the dangerous creatures set myself. Inverts haven't really been my thing, and given their size and toy-ishness, I will probably pass. I am currently overdoing my Japanese exploring myself (so many fishes...), so I have to make cuts somewhere! And knowing that a Kaiyodo Prehistoric Marine Reptile set is coming (released on my birthday, no less!), plus a few must-have Aquatales specials means I have to save some money and room somewhere.

BUT.  What are the two fish on the left? I can't make them out. Also, I see the cookie-cutter from the first Takara sharks, but neither newer goblin shark--how did that happen!?

stargatedalek

the 2 fish center left appear to be Kaiyodo (if I had to guess) and one strongly resembles a salmon/trout but its hard to tell

sbell

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 07, 2014, 03:42:33 AM
the 2 fish center left appear to be Kaiyodo (if I had to guess) and one strongly resembles a salmon/trout but its hard to tell

I assumed that, thanks (although there are other potential companies). I was interested to know the exact species,which I assumed the owner (or another owner of the same figures)would be able to tell me.

brontodocus

Thanks again, stargatedalek & Sean!  :) The two fish are Kaiyodo, both are from the CapsuleQ Museum Animatales, sorry that they're only visible from above in the photo. The left one is Series 5 (Biwako) Striped Bitterling female and the right one is Series 1 (Tohoku) Kunimasu, Oncorhynchus kawamurae. :) The T-Arts sharks were offered as I bought them, the Cookiecutter was sold as an individual figure and the Megamouth, Sixgill, and Frilled Shark as a (very cheap) lot of three. Until a few months most sellers sold complete sets but now these were the only ones I found. However, the Bluntnose Sixgill Shark was the most important for me.

sauroid

thanks Brontodocus. re: the Colorata endangered animals set, i really have no idea whether they're reissues or not.
also, congratulations on everyone's new figures. they are very beautiful.
some newer stuff:
AAA green iguana

Colorata king penguin

Safari Ltd 90s white bengal tiger (i dont really like white tigers but this was just given to me)

NBGI goblin shark

Kitan Club japanese green grass lizard (f)

K generic tarantula (or trapdoor)

K flea

Colorata sharks (more duplicates)

Kitan Club mono tree frog phone strap

Safari Ltd toob hammerhead shark

AnimalToyForum

widukind

Quote from: sauroid on July 07, 2014, 09:22:49 AM
thanks Brontodocus. re: the Colorata endangered animals set, i really have no idea whether they're reissues or not.
also, congratulations on everyone's new figures. they are very beautiful.
some newer stuff:
AAA green iguana

Colorata king penguin

Safari Ltd 90s white bengal tiger (i dont really like white tigers but this was just given to me)

NBGI goblin shark

Kitan Club japanese green grass lizard (f)

K generic tarantula (or trapdoor)

K flea

Colorata sharks (more duplicates)

Kitan Club mono tree frog phone strap

Safari Ltd toob hammerhead shark

Great also here, and also here the question: what brand is NBGI?

sauroid

thanks Andreas. re: NBGI, as far as i know it is a japanese brand. the figures are just marked NBGI on the belly. :)