Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetoar

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

sbell

Just got a bunch of CollectA for the store!

Goes without saying that they just keep doing better work. Which is positive to see, because Safari may still be good, but they had best start figuring something out with their distribution.

I also got the new standard-line prehistoric for those who are interested.

(but not the green guy).

These will be in store...soon? I hope. I have a long weekend to get it done!

Scottish Sungazer

Some REALLY nice models. Unfortunately neither Collecta or Safari are common in the UK (if anyone knows otherwise, please let me know)

sauroid

what? isnt CollectA a UK company? that's quite ironic.
very nice new items Sbell.
new stuff
Papo and Safari african elephants

Science & Nature koala and echidna

Kaiyodo rock ptarmigan white var.

Kaiyodo radiata tortoise

Kaiyodo campbell hamster

Kaiyodo aquatales Katsuwonus pelamis

Kaiyodo natural monuments of japan
common otter

black woodpecker

rock ptarmigan

misaki horse

Bullyland crocodile

Safari Ltd mississippi alligator

various marine creatures from different brands (Colorata. takara TOMY etc. some are duplicates)

sbell

Quote from: Scottish Sungazer on August 03, 2014, 12:00:02 PM
Some REALLY nice models. Unfortunately neither Collecta or Safari are common in the UK (if anyone knows otherwise, please let me know)

Everything Dinosaur probably carries the prehistoric and recently-extinct figures, but I don't know about the modern animals.

stargatedalek

Quote from: sauroid on August 03, 2014, 03:11:13 PM
here the only common brand is Schleich
CollectA, AAA, K&M, and Papo used to be very common up until just a few years ago, but are almost unheard of now thanks to Schleich taking over
Safari are only just beginning to gain a foothold here these past 6 months or so

nothing super recent for me, but I have some K&M sharks I've meaning to get pics of that I got a few weeks ago

sauroid

would love to see those sharks stargatedalek

sbell

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 03, 2014, 06:51:13 PM
Quote from: sauroid on August 03, 2014, 03:11:13 PM
here the only common brand is Schleich
CollectA, AAA, K&M, and Papo used to be very common up until just a few years ago, but are almost unheard of now thanks to Schleich taking over
Safari are only just beginning to gain a foothold here these past 6 months or so

nothing super recent for me, but I have some K&M sharks I've meaning to get pics of that I got a few weeks ago

Which K&M sharks? The long-extinct exotic shark set? Or the more recent tube set?

stargatedalek

just the tube set, most are nothing special, a few I'd even call hideous, but theres a couple gems that made it worth getting

sbell

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 03, 2014, 09:44:20 PM
just the tube set, most are nothing special, a few I'd even call hideous, but theres a couple gems that made it worth getting

I know I really like the Japanese sawshark. Probably the best of the bunch.

stargatedalek

for me its the Japanese sawshark tied with the hornshark
a lot of the others are warped and a bit shrink-wrapped, leading them to look like preserved specimens

sbell

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 04, 2014, 01:59:13 AM
for me its the Japanese sawshark tied with the hornshark
a lot of the others are warped and a bit shrink-wrapped, leading them to look like preserved specimens

I've got a variety of Heterodontid sharks. Pristiophorids are more rare as figures. But at least they both look decent.

stargatedalek

I wish I had more heterodontidae shark figures, they are my favorite sharks, sadly its my only one

sbell

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 04, 2014, 03:50:11 AM
I wish I had more heterodontidae shark figures, they are my favorite sharks, sadly its my only one

I suggest hunting down the Colorata set as soon as you can. The whole thing is nice. Also get the deluxe. No horn sharks, but fantastic models (they even have textured skin!).

There are others too--although I don't think there are any other current ones.

Jetoar

Beautiful acquisitions  ^-^. They are my last  ^-^.

Collecta have done a great work this year  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

widukind

stargatedalek

scored the large size AAA "snapping turtle" (Chinese big headed turtle) for $1 at a flea market today

stemturtle

Good buy on the big-headed turtle, stargatedalek.
I once had a bumper sticker that read, "he who dies with the most turtles wins."

sbell

Quote from: stemturtle on August 10, 2014, 04:11:51 PM
Good buy on the big-headed turtle, stargatedalek.
I once had a bumper sticker that read, "he who dies with the most turtles wins."

And that's why Canadian provinces are having such a hard time with turtle poachers these days... :-\

stemturtle

No worry, sbell.  I believe the bumper sticker was based on an episode of Star Trek titled, "The most toys."