Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

widukind

sbell

MojoFun 2013 & 2014-the-first finally arrived

And they'll be in the store eventually...

bmathison1972

Two new Kaiyodos arrived today:

1) trilobite, Ceraurinella typa, from the Study Room Collection.

2) Mud crab, Scylla serrata, from the Aquatales Polyresin figure collection (2014). This is a heavy, solid, and fragile figure. These figures are nice but they are not 'toy' quality by any stretch.

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on May 24, 2014, 05:33:36 AM

2) Mud crab, Scylla serrata, from the Aquatales Polyresin figure collection (2014). This is a heavy, solid, and fragile figure. These figures are nice but they are not 'toy' quality by any stretch.

What other figures are in this particular batch of Aquatales? I am eagerly awaiting the paddlefish and tigerfish.

widukind

Quote from: sbell on May 24, 2014, 12:34:06 AM
MojoFun 2013 & 2014-the-first finally arrived

And they'll be in the store eventually...

Congratulations  :)

bmathison1972

Quote from: sbell on May 24, 2014, 06:20:46 AM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on May 24, 2014, 05:33:36 AM

What other figures are in this particular batch of Aquatales? I am eagerly awaiting the paddlefish and tigerfish.

1) bottlenose dolphin
2) coelacanth
3) rockhopper penguin
4) sailfish
5) humphead wrasse

I think there will be 5 releases of approx. 6 figures each (?)

bmathison1972

Two new Safari Figures today: bumble bee from the Smithsonian collection and Sally light-foot crab from the Galapagos TOOB. I have to thank Lance (weaslefan) for both, for drawing my attention to the former and giving me the latter! :)

FreshSphere

Great lot sbell! I love the deinotherium especially!

I picked these up today.

widukind

Quote from: FreshSphere on June 02, 2014, 03:36:15 AM
Great lot sbell! I love the deinotherium especially!

I picked these up today.

Very beautieful newcomers  :)

sauroid

cool new acquisitions everyone. ;)

sauroid

widukind

Congratulations also here, especially for the nice Colorata animals  :)

sauroid

thank you Andreas   ^-^

brontodocus

Sorry to be late but congrats, Sauroid, that's the Ueno Zoo box, isn't it? :) Since I don't have it (just the Pygmy Hippopotamus and the Aye-aye), wasn't the box yellow and the booklet completely in Japanese? Is this a new release, then?

sbell

Quote from: brontodocus on June 28, 2014, 11:17:06 AM
Sorry to be late but congrats, Sauroid, that's the Ueno Zoo box, isn't it? :) Since I don't have it (just the Pygmy Hippopotamus and the Aye-aye), wasn't the box yellow and the booklet completely in Japanese? Is this a new release, then?

I just realized the same thing--the Ueno was one of the first sets, making it very rare (I only have the Okapi and Aye-Aye). But in those days, like my original-run river life, everything was Japanese only. Maybe the zoo did a re-release? Maybe, just maybe, this set will become within the realm of obtainable!?

bmathison1972

today I received the 2014 Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Set #2 of caterpillars (and one beetle larva):

1) Papilio protenor (with defensive glands exposed!)
2) Papilio machaon
3) Staurops fagi
4) Cystidia truncangulata
5) Theretra oldenlandiae
6) Dorcus hopei (with figures from other sets, adult, pupa and now larvae are available!)

Fukuiraptor

Quote from: sbell on June 28, 2014, 05:07:19 PM

I just realized the same thing--the Ueno was one of the first sets, making it very rare (I only have the Okapi and Aye-Aye). But in those days, like my original-run river life, everything was Japanese only. Maybe the zoo did a re-release? Maybe, just maybe, this set will become within the realm of obtainable!?

These figures are still available today :D

sbell

Quote from: Fukuiraptor on July 01, 2014, 02:34:17 AM

Judging from the very English words, it is likely a re-release. Next question--who can get them for us!?

widukind

Quote from: sbell on July 01, 2014, 05:41:11 AM

Judging from the very English words, it is likely a re-release. Next question--who can get them for us!?

I would love to buy in this shop  :)

brontodocus

Quote from: bmathison1972 on June 30, 2014, 11:21:53 PM
today I received the 2014 Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Set #2 of caterpillars (and one beetle larva):

1) Papilio protenor (with defensive glands exposed!)
2) Papilio machaon
3) Staurops fagi
4) Cystidia truncangulata
5) Theretra oldenlandiae
6) Dorcus hopei (with figures from other sets, adult, pupa and now larvae are available!)

Congrats, Blaine!  :) How are they? Are they pliable? I've seen photos from Set No. 1 and it looked as if the caterpillars could bend upward. I ordered a full set, too (but mine is still in customs).

Thanks for showing, Fukuiraptor!  :o So they sell the entire set for 2520 yen? That's cheaper than most of the regular Colorata boxes! 8)

While I'm impatiently awaiting a parcel with new Kaiyodo and T-A.R.T.S figures from Japan I bought some Papos, CollectAs, and one Safari for consolation: