News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent acquisitions

Started by Jetoar, December 06, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

luckily the arthropods I have are less cartoony (but it is harder to anthropomorphize an insect/arachnid figure)

JimoAi

Quote from: sbell on January 15, 2021, 01:40:36 PM
Quote from: JimoAi on January 15, 2021, 01:31:04 PM
@sbell is it me or does these Bandai electric rays a little cartoony?
Its a game and I remember spending alot of money on that game as a pre teen. @bmathison1972 will go crazy as there's alot of arthropods.

They are--even their best figures are influenced a little by the style of the show/game that inspired them.
The Velez skate is a little better but same thing there. Same with most of the 'realistic' ones that I have

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 15, 2021, 01:43:44 PM
luckily the arthropods I have are less cartoony (but it is harder to anthropomorphize an insect/arachnid figure)
Oh well then into storage the electric rays go

JimoAi

I remember being heartbroken after losing my original electric ray when moving.

Isidro

I don't find the torpedo rays cartoony in the least way... I think they fits perfectly with Torpedo nobiliana. And while typing this I learned that Torpedo nobiliana can grow to double the size of Torpedo torpedo, reaching 1,20 meters lenght, so these models are not anymore too big for me, they're perfect and I will look for one!

JimoAi

I don't think any rays have binocular vision IMG_20210116_180750.jpg

Isidro

Oh, now I see what you mean (in the general image this was just not visible). But Torpedo eyes are soo small that it's a bit a neglectable detail :D but yes, I think that they should be oriented sideways and not frontway, not?

JimoAi

Prepare for a huge haul soon as I'm going to be one year older soon

Advicot

Very intrigued to see what arrives for your birthday  :D
Don't I take long uploading photos!

AcroSauroTaurus

I haven't gotten any extant animals for my collection in a long time, so I got the Safari Ltd. Sand Tiger Shark.
I am the Dinosaur King!

PortJackson

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on February 03, 2021, 02:02:49 AM
I haven't gotten any extant animals for my collection in a long time, so I got the Safari Ltd. Sand Tiger Shark.

Just ordered mine a day ago :) Nice figure! tho, I think I prefer the look of the Kaiyodo  :D

Isidro

What a wonderful figure, it's even better than the promo pic! I may acquire it even if sand tiger shark is not a species that excite me a lot.
I just noticed that we reached 100 pages of recent acquisitions! Hooray! :D

JimoAi

I'm probs the next one with a large haul soon.

JimoAi

Quote from: PortJackson on February 03, 2021, 03:36:54 AM

Just ordered mine a day ago :) Nice figure! tho, I think I prefer the look of the Kaiyodo  :D
Which one? There are 2: one for the Bottlecap aquarium and one that comes with a flat blue base

AcroSauroTaurus

Kaiyodo are pretty nice looking(figures made in Japan usually are.) but they're hard to obtain in the states and I like the larger size of the Safari one.
I am the Dinosaur King!

JimoAi

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on February 04, 2021, 02:38:39 AM

Kaiyodo are pretty nice looking(figures made in Japan usually are.) but they're hard to obtain in the states and I like the larger size of the Safari one.
Quite the contrary for me. Pnso, colorata and Kaiyodo are a little cheaper while safari and collectA are a bit more pricy for me

PortJackson

Well here's my catch for the day, travelled about two hours out of town to a rural hobby distributor (The only place I've found selling Safari ltd figures in Australia so far) where I got my hands on this little Mackeral shark collection :D All ripe and ready to introduce the new collectA Basking shark to the family :)

I especially love the details of the megamouth!

JimoAi

Quote from: PortJackson on February 04, 2021, 07:59:13 AM
Well here's my catch for the day, travelled about two hours out of town to a rural hobby distributor (The only place I've found selling Safari ltd figures in Australia so far) where I got my hands on this little Mackeral shark collection :D All ripe and ready to introduce the new collectA Basking shark to the family :)

How did you get the retired Schleich Great white?

PortJackson

Quote from: JimoAi on February 04, 2021, 08:04:13 AM

Ah yes, I did forget to mention, I got that off a friend, however It's a little small for the scale I'm going for... so will probably get the most recent Schleich. (Still, I love the posture) :)

JimoAi

Quote from: PortJackson on February 04, 2021, 08:15:21 AM
Quote from: JimoAi on February 04, 2021, 08:04:13 AM

Ah yes, I did forget to mention, I got that off a friend, however It's a little small for the scale I'm going for... so will probably get the most recent Schleich. (Still, I love the posture) :)
Male great whites get up to 4.5 metres so might be ok. What scale are you going for BTW