News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Felids

Started by brontodocus, December 29, 2012, 05:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

This is one of Safaris Good looking cats, Why they retired it I have no clue but its now a part of my collection

widukind

Takama

As of now there's only one Cheetah figure in Safaris Wild Safari range, and its a running one. However I don't like the running version, so I got the retired walking version that was sculpted by Dan LoRusso (A man known for sculpting the Battat Dinosaur figures )

widukind

Dragonwolf

The sprawling forelegs look a little odd, too.

That's the same with the upcoming snow leopard figure. What's the deal with them sprawling forelegs, Papo? I've never seen the other toy makers make their big cats that way. Too bad the new ouncie has a nice sculpt and paintwork. Come on, Papo, get them legs right.

Jetoar

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

sphyrna18

Quote from: brontodocus on April 25, 2014, 09:50:22 AM
Quote from: KeU on April 23, 2014, 02:25:57 PM
How does the Safari Puma scale with the PAPO Puma?
I have the PAPO one and am not really pleased with the size and sculpt.
Unfortunately, I don't have the Safari NAW figure (yet) but given the measurements provided by Safari it would be a good deal larger at 65 mm height (versus 37 mm shoulder hight for the Papo figure).

For what it's worth,  the WS NAW Puma is roughly scaled 1:15 and is almost as large as the Papo Tiger

widukind

Nice figurine, this cougar was my first Papo animal  :)

KeU

Quote from: sphyrna18 on June 23, 2014, 11:55:23 AM
Quote from: brontodocus on April 25, 2014, 09:50:22 AM
Quote from: KeU on April 23, 2014, 02:25:57 PM
How does the Safari Puma scale with the PAPO Puma?
I have the PAPO one and am not really pleased with the size and sculpt.
Unfortunately, I don't have the Safari NAW figure (yet) but given the measurements provided by Safari it would be a good deal larger at 65 mm height (versus 37 mm shoulder hight for the Papo figure).

For what it's worth,  the WS NAW Puma is roughly scaled 1:15 and is almost as large as the Papo Tiger

Oh wow, that will be 1 large cat. I wasn't expecting it to be that big.

Dragonwolf

And now that I've acquired this Lioness, there's not much I can add on what everyone had said in pointing out its outstanding qualities. She's big, too. On scale with the Papo Tiger, but larger than the Schleich Lion. Yes, Papo does need a better Lion figure to pair with the Queen of the Beasts. Count me in.

Dragonwolf

Oh yeah!! Nothing but plastic goodness on the majestic animal. Of all the Papo big cats, this Tiger and the Lioness are the only ones that perfectly done. The rest can use some improvements. 'Nuff said.

widukind

widukind

postsaurischian

....... compared to other Papo big cats:

Fukuiraptor

It's an awesome figure.  Thanks for the great photos!

widukind

One of the best snow leopard figurines at this moment :) Congrats

brontodocus

Brilliant! I believe this one will be an instant classic. :) I really like its proportions with the comparably small head.

GCassa94

AnimalToyForum

That's a really interesting pose - nice to see something a little different. Great job Papo, and awesome photos Postsaurischian!

Yutyrannus

An excellent figure, I'm definitely going to have to buy this :).
"We predators have long ruled the wild Earth while abiding the rules of nature. Under our rule, landscapes remain fertile. Under YOUR rule, nothing lasts long."
-Mauricio Anton