News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Felids

Started by brontodocus, December 29, 2012, 05:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

Still "Critically Endangered" - but no longer critically invisible... images are back! :)

brontodocus

brontodocus

brontodocus

You still can't hear him roar but at least you can see him again. Fixed broken image urls of Papo Roaring Lion walk-around. :)

brontodocus

brontodocus

Papo Cougar (retired version) photos are back. :)

brontodocus

brontodocus

Papo Tiger walk-around is working again. :)

brontodocus

AcroSauroTaurus

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but why does yours look more like a Snow Leopard(paint job wise) than mine? I got mine not too long ago, but was really disappointed in the paint job on it.
I am the Dinosaur King!

brontodocus

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on February 07, 2017, 06:57:21 PM
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but why does yours look more like a Snow Leopard(paint job wise) than mine? I got mine not too long ago, but was really disappointed in the paint job on it.
Aw, too bad. :-\ I think it's actually a good idea to show your photo here and I think Helge would agree, too. While my own figure looks like the one Helge had posted (I got one from the initial release, too) it seems to me that the paint job quality of your Snow Leopard has much less of the dark wash Helge's and my figures have. It would be a sad thing if it turns out Papo (who are known for their excellent, multi-layer paint jobs) would now pay less attention to a high quality paint work (for mass produced toy standards that is) than they used to. Hmm, I'd be interested if this is the way they are made nowadays.

postsaurischian

Yes, this is a pity and the reason why I always try to buy figures as soon as they are released. It happens very often that the paintjobs are getting weaker and weaker the more the figure is being produced. Have a look at Papo's Allosaurus the way it is sold nowadays. It's a shame! Especially because Papo's figures aren't cheap.

songkham

Just got this guy on Ebay  ;D I hope he looks like the picture  :-\

brontodocus

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 11, 2017, 05:03:05 AM
Yes, this is a pity and the reason why I always try to buy figures as soon as they are released. It happens very often that the paintjobs are getting weaker and weaker the more the figure is being produced. Have a look at Papo's Allosaurus the way it is sold nowadays. It's a shame! Especially because Papo's figures aren't cheap.
Too bad that Papo's paint quality apparently doesn't stay the same. :( Yes, I try to get the figures I want as soon as they are released, too. On the other hand a local toy shop here has several Papo dinosaurs in stock and they looked like the initial releases - but of course I don't know how long they already have them.
Quote from: songkham on February 11, 2017, 02:30:51 PM
Just got this guy on Ebay  ;D I hope he looks like the picture  :-\
Congrats and welcome, songkham! :)

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 11, 2017, 05:03:05 AM
It is sad, I was really excited to get it because it was the only Snow Leopard figure that actually looked like one. Only to be very disappointed. :(
I am the Dinosaur King!

brontodocus

Hmm, too bad. :( Papo has always been praised for their multi-layer paint jobs but it seems newer releases of the same figure are made with less care for paint quality.

songkham

I emailed the seller and this is what they said

"Sometime in the 4th quarter Papo started moving production from China to Portugal. We have adjusted the photo to match the current production 3 times already. Prior to this last shipment we had received several shipments of the grayer version and removed the note from the stock bin to check thinking production had stabilized.
e will be more than happy to send you a prepaid return label and issue a full refund upon its return. If we had any of the gray versions left, we would gladly sent it to you."

I told them to send me the other one if they have it so we shall see   

KeU

Quote from: brontodocus on February 05, 2017, 12:36:02 PM
You still can't hear him roar but at least you can see him again. Fixed broken image urls of Papo Roaring Lion walk-around. :)
Thank you!

AnimalKnight

Quote from: animaltoyforum on September 24, 2014, 10:26:29 PM
Really amazing. The bulging muscles, the protruding veins, such fine details!

I agree with this. They really seem to be realistic.
The maker got every details.

Takama

A wonderful model in my eyes, and i believe we have Doug Watson to thank for its creation