News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Felids

Started by brontodocus, December 29, 2012, 05:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Takama

Jaguar

Sorry for only the Two photos, This one was hard to Photograph

Héroe de Leyenda

Also the papo jaguar, the one i bought has bad paint job. Only like lines in circles.
i will post a pic later. 

AnimalToyForum

@songkham did the other figure ever arrive and, if so, how was it?

Hi @Héroe de Leyenda and welcome. It is a shame about the decreasing quality (and accuracy) of the paint jobs in these figures. I noticed a similar trend in some Safari toob figures.

postsaurischian

^-^  Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum - Wild Rush II (South America)

Panthera onca ~ Jaguar

~ • ~
                                                                                     next to Papo Jaguar

Isidro

Neat! The skin pattern is much more realistic than Schleich's jaguar and of course muuuch more than Papo's one. Shame that I don't collect articulated figures, hehe

bmathison1972

I don't think it is articulated, but it looks like it has to be assembled. I was curious if the Wild Rush figures were puzzles or single-piece.

AnimalToyForum

Beetle guy

Wonderful painted patern, and sculpt (especialy the head), very realistic. If the "assembly lines" weren't visible...
It is not articulated. Like Blaine mentioned.
To beetle or not to beetle.

postsaurischian

That's right. The Wild Rush figures aren't articulated.
I would compare them to the Natural Monuments of Japan series.
Similar size (slightly larger than Animatales figures) and similar constructions.
The figures are "pre-built", in case of the Jaguar just the tail had to be attached. In other cases it's the tail and the head.
The assembly lines (I like that term) aren't very visible, but due to the fact that the figure is shown here strongly magnified they are.

postsaurischian

^-^  Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum - Wild Rush I (Africa)

Panthera leo ~ Lion

AnimalToyForum

Beautiful. I like how its mane appears to be blowing in a breeze.

bmathison1972

I would be 'lion' if I said this wasn't a lovely figure  ;D. Nice to see Kaiyodo expanding from beyond southeastern Asian fauna!

Takama

I cant beleive no one has posted a walkaround of this model yet.    And im mad at myslef for not posting this sooner.

bmathison1972

Nice, thanks for all your recent contributions Takama! Keep 'em coming! :)

Advicot

What a nice figure and is currently on my wish list. Once I get this figure and the 2019 lioness I'll have all Papo's lions.
Don't I take long uploading photos!

Advicot

I've just received my Papo Lion. He's a great model but my lion has a purple underbelly?!  :o

Isidro

Ouch! A new subspecies for science? :P Panthera leo porphyrogaster :D

Advicot

Advicot

My snow leopard has the older paint job, and looks great to me.  ^-^