News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Anatidae - Ducks, Geese, Swans etc.

Started by postsaurischian, December 27, 2012, 05:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

AnimalToyForum

Beautiful photographs of a beautiful figure, Postsaurischian  8)

I'll probably create a separate CollectA Farm Life board as it is a distinct line...

brontodocus

Wow, the feathers are superbly detailed! :) Catalogue photos normally won't capture this. Great photos! :)
Quote from: animaltoyforum on December 27, 2012, 06:32:37 PM
I'll probably create a separate CollectA Farm Life board as it is a distinct line...
It's probably something we'll need for all major companies sooner or later, at the moment we largely focus on the more obscure wild animals but of course domestic animals are welcome, too, and they are very popular among many collectors. :)

Jetoar

Mute swam is very beautiful. New swam of Schleich is very beautiful to  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tyrantqueen

Wow, incredible figure :O A must-have for my bird collection :)

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

Jetoar

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 28, 2012, 06:58:05 AM
Wow, incredible figure :O A must-have for my bird collection :)

Yes, He is very beautiful. I would like to see this figure in my hands  ^-^.

Battatitan

One of my favourite swan figures pictured wonderfully. Thank you for uploading these.  :D
I'm just wondering how large it is? Is it a similar size as Schleich's swans?   :-[

Ana

My very favorite swan figure ever!! Beautiful photos too! Thank You for sharing :D

Jetoar

I like the old figure of schleich, the wingede mute swam but he is beautyful to.

critter

Quote from: Jetoar on December 29, 2012, 09:25:24 AM
I like the old figure of schleich, the wingede mute swam but he is beautyful to.

I love this CollectA figure, but I agree with Jetoar: The older Schleich figure is just wonderful; my all-time favorite Mute Swan.

Ana

Quote from: critter on December 30, 2012, 10:39:41 PM
Quote from: Jetoar on December 29, 2012, 09:25:24 AM

I love this CollectA figure, but I agree with Jetoar: The older Schleich figure is just wonderful; my all-time favorite Mute Swan.

It's so nice that everybody can choose favorite one :D ;) I only wait for more species of swans in the toy market, Trumpeter swan or Whooper swan figures would be awesome :D

Battatitan

Quote from: Ana on December 31, 2012, 10:45:02 AM
It's so nice that everybody can choose favorite one :D ;) I only wait for more species of swans in the toy market, Trumpeter swan or Whooper swan figures would be awesome :D
Yes! I definetly agree there - the world is filled with so many beautiful swans, but we just need figure companies to branch out a little. The only non-mute swans I know of are the Kaiyodo Whooper and Papo's black swan.

Jetoar

Quote from: Battatitan on January 04, 2013, 02:26:57 PM
Quote from: Ana on December 31, 2012, 10:45:02 AM
Yes! I definetly agree there - the world is filled with so many beautiful swans, but we just need figure companies to branch out a little. The only non-mute swans I know of are the Kaiyodo Whooper and Papo's black swan.

I think that is the specie that all world know it  ^-^.

Takama

One of the cutest figures we found. a little swimming Mallard Duck, complete with some transparent plastic to represent water.

Though I did not know that Mallards can be domesticated (Schelich lists this as a Farm animal in the catalogue), I thought they were strictly wild animals.

Jetoar

Nice, I think that the clear base is a good point of this figure  ^-^.

Takama

One of the more unique figures that I seen from the company. Its part of the farm line, but like the peacock and Mallard its also found in the wild, so I decided to buy it when I seen it at my local shop.

I am really impressed with the detail on this figure, the feathers are individually sculpted on the wings.

There's also a Graylag Gander, but since it has no Sexual differences, I have no plans on getting it.

brontodocus

Nicely detailed wings! And the paint job looks quite good, too. :)

KaraWildsong42

It is a wonderful pose, and I'm more and more impressed with this company's attention to detail in their feathered sculpts lately.
'O bliss of the collector, bliss of the man of leisure!  [...] – and I mean a real collector, a collector as he ought to be – ownership is the most intimate relationship that one can have to objects. Not that they come alive in him; it is he who lives in them.' - Walter Benjamin

tyrantqueen

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

Newt

Neat!  Now you just need a Konrad Lorenz figure to go with it!